EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone know where the servers are and how many are there?

People keep saying that the distance from the servers play a big role in your response time compared to other players. I want to know where the servers are, which one do I always connect to when I play. I keep getting stuck playing against people from France.... that’s the tag,I live in Tennessee, so which server do I get? How does a control which one you connect to? And do you connect to the same one every time?

Replies

• East coast is pretty close to Pittsburgh and Central is in Columbus.
  • Ty....
  • I don't know how relevant this is but here is the list of FIFA server Data Center locations

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa20-game-data-center
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • I’ve seen at least Canada East server in addition to that list
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    Just go to WoC clubs and use the search feature. Within the options it lists all the regions/servers, including your closest or recommended.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1532 posts Member
    edited September 7
    NEWFIEEE wrote: »
    People keep saying that the distance from the servers play a big role in your response time compared to other players. I want to know where the servers are, which one do I always connect to when I play. I keep getting stuck playing against people from France.... that’s the tag,I live in Tennessee, so which server do I get? How does a control which one you connect to? And do you connect to the same one every time?

Go into world of chel. Search for a club. See what the default "recommended" server is. That's where you're connecting to.

*should of finished reading all the posts before typing that. Seems socair already answered.
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    edited September 7

Go into world of chel. Search for a club. See what the default "recommended" server is. That's where you're connecting to.

*should of finished reading all the posts before typing that. Seems socair already answered.

He won’t always connect to the recommended one unless he’s restricting ping to match or be lower than next closest server (or using match region in WoC).
  • Socair wrote: »

He won’t always connect to the recommended one unless he’s restricting ping to match or be lower than next closest server (or using match region in WoC).

I wonder if the default search should start at the minimum ping and prompt users to expand it if they don't find any matches? As it is, it starts at I believe 70 ping, so some people are connecting on servers that may not be optimal. Even while playing on the correct server, if your opponent is connecting from further away, it makes the match feel worse than if it were 2 users with similar pings (within 30ms). Since the game has to sync both players to ensure they see the same things at the same time, defaulting to the lowest ping threshold may improve users overall experience.
  • I’m North America North-East.

I would think that server is in Ontario or Quebec where the largest amount of the Player base is?