EA Forums - Banner

A personal note of gratitude

I just had to write this to the creators of the NHL series. I'm 68, and for me any time in my life that something has really impacted my life for the better, I've felt the need to thank those who created it and this is one of those times. I've always loved hockey and unfortunately, I was unable to play as a young person and made some attempts in my later adult life and had a good time with it once I got some molded skates that supported my ankles. But that didn't last as my fitness level was a little too challenged to keep it up. So I dream about being a hockey player all the time. The act of dancing around on ice to me is the best sensation I can imagine. So I've been taking a stab at the NHL series for many years, some a lot more than others. I've totally been hooked for the past three years, once Squad Battles showed up. I think I've played over 1100 games each season and that means about 3-5 games a day. It's what I do first thing when I get up in the morning. It's my treat. The reason I have to thank you is that you have managed to give me some of that joy I missed out on in life through this game and the fact that I can play it over and over and still find it captivating is a testament to your work. I know there are many who find fault with the game, but I know it's not easy translating such a dynamic sport into a computer sim. It's a never ending challenge for me to improve my game and beat those darn AI teams at as high a skill level as I can. So many great nail biting finishes. It just never gets old, which is pretty amazing when you think about it. No other game does this for me, though I am also a big fan of PGA 2K21.
Anyway, just know you've got one big fan over here in Victoria and looking forward to many more years of incredible fun with this game. Thank you, thank you , thank you.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    Hello there, @PaulOBrien

Apologies for the very late response. These boards don't get a lot of use these days as we've switched over to Answers HQ. You can find the NHL boards here.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts here. I can relate! I didn't grow up in a hockey family and didn't have any friends into it as well. I always had an interest and loved the games in the early 90s, but it wasn't until NHL 98 that I really developed the passion for hockey that I have today. It's also what lead me to seek out a career with EA and has introduced me to some of the best friends I've had through EASHL. This game has been pretty life-changing!

We all here sincerely appreciate the kind words and love to hear about your passion for the game. Thank you again and good luck on the ice :smiley: