EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Bring Back attributes!!!

Prev13
These set player types suck. Having complete control of my player was the best thing about eashl. now we got these stock players... I loved being able to adjust my player to the specs i wanted. When you say it wasn't fair game play thats **** .. everyone had the ability to create the player they wanted. Its not my fault they just wanted to base player off speed and shot power/acc. Hockey is a 2way game. Please bring back attributes soon..

As far as game play now. Poke checks have to be turned down on the AI it is unreal how accurate they are.
Bumping into the goalie for crap goals needs to end! We've lost 10 games off of either the AI being dumb and passing the puck through the goalies legs or Having our goalie bumped and the puck going free.

Also i Use hybrid controls why cant i set my team strategy the way i want .. only skill stick can set line strategy kinda dumb..

Things to add Coyotes alt logo the actual coyote not the moon for customization And also the Mighty ducks logo.

Other than getting rid off attributes and allowing us to set our player the way we want This game is pretty sweet..

Replies

• People complained that it was too hard to have fun in EASHL when they loaded up a drop-in as a 56 OVR and had to play against high 80's/low 90's OVR players. I highly doubt we will ever see EASHL OVR's come back, atleast for drop-ins, maybe a club exclusive thing in the future? Doubt it though.
  • IXxNHLxXl wrote: »
    People complained that it was too hard to have fun in EASHL when they loaded up a drop-in as a 56 OVR and had to play against high 80's/low 90's OVR players. I highly doubt we will ever see EASHL OVR's come back, atleast for drop-ins, maybe a club exclusive thing in the future? Doubt it though.

Funny when I speak to people in drop ins the number one topic that usually comes up when talking builds is wishing we can build our players the way we want. That was the fun part of the grind anyway. but I guess the new generation of "I want it now" can't handle a grind. Takes the fun out of it for most of the EASHL regulars. Don't tell me that it should be about skill someone has obviously brainwashed you if you are thinking that way. you build skill by grinding it out. Don't have the time to build your player well than maybe OTP is for you where you get hold of a superstar right off the bat. EA has done a great job of giving hut for the grinders draft champions for the grinders and the want it nows. Why can't EASHL be the same as HUT where your rewarded for grinding it out. So what I prestiged big deal I can place silly hair on my player or put a piece of 2013 equipment on. it doesn't affect the game play one bit. Making EASHL very vanilla.
  • kid was probably one of the guys who boosted to l3 day 1 and now hes gotta play on an even playing field and cant handle it lolol.
  • I don't see why it needs to be one or the other. Just put both class based mode and attribute builder mode in the game.
  • I'd like for them to bring it back but on a decreased basis. Give us 10-30 points games and skill depending to put as we will. Just put a cap on it. And a low cap at that. I really enjoyed that aspect. Rarely play club now since they took it out. Either that or add a speedy great passing high wrist shot and checking build. Cause most never used the other options anyways.
  • I remember being able to max out my glove high and blocker high. shutout after shutout, cuz people only like shooting top cheese
  • Attributes lead to way too many issues, it was unfair to guys who could play the game more often then not, it lead to guys knowing how the build the perfect 5'9" speed demon who could also lay people out and never be knocked off the puck.

The current setup keeps it fairer for the majority and stops the very unrealistic player builds. Where a guy who can play 30 games a day and knows the tricks to the perfect build can't dominate the game and ruin it for everyone else.

Do, or do not, there is no try
  • inthecrease31
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    SirPsychoT wrote: »
    ....it was unfair to guys who could play the game more often then not....
    I don't agree. I'm not the best player, but I was better than a lot of 80 ovr guys with my 65 base build.

The problem was not customized builds. It was that the attribute system was broken and unbalanced.
  • SirPsychoT wrote: »
    I don't agree. I'm not the best player, but I was better than a lot of 80 ovr guys with my 65 base build.

The problem was not customized builds. It was that the attribute system was broken and unbalanced.

While I agree the system itself was the problem, EA does not currently have a good CLUB system setup. Look at FIFA, its generally the same issue, a bunch of speed based players taking advantage of poor setup.

I did like the attribute system, but I do like this setup as well, I see no issue with it. It gives many options for different play styles while keeping the builds on a somewhat level playing field. Unless they plan on making it so you get severely penalized for being small/fast or big/slow or WHATEVER you want then I dont see it coming back. The current state of players in EASHL is fine, it works. Why the complaints?
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN
  • Actually Goat1313 It took me probably 3 months to get leg 3. And still kicked a** . I have no issue with the even playing field. What i have an issue with is the let me customize the railings in the arena but i have to play with a **** **** stock player.

What the should do is get rid of the cards and just give us the attributes from day one let us build the guy we want. Let us put our attributes where we want. And then let us build the arena and stuff like we do now in this game.

Id love to go back to my 2 way setup man build.

In conclusion. No cards give us the 2200 attribute points from day one and let us build our guy and then earn our arena / jerseys.
  • MeisterJ89 wrote: »
    I don't see why it needs to be one or the other. Just put both class based mode and attribute builder mode in the game.

My thoughts exactly. Allow for people to choose which they want. They could have two leagues. Competitive with pre made builds only and another for casual where you could build or use a premade build.

Totally. I have been saying that as well. The problem is not having an attribute system. The problem has always been having a broken one. I don't think the solution is to completely remove something because its broken. How about spend some time and energy making one that is not broken or that can be fixed easily when exploits are found.
    Attributes lead to way too many issues, it was unfair to guys who could play the game more often then not, it lead to guys knowing how the build the perfect 5'9" speed demon who could also lay people out and never be knocked off the puck.

The current setup keeps it fairer for the majority and stops the very unrealistic player builds. Where a guy who can play 30 games a day and knows the tricks to the perfect build can't dominate the game and ruin it for everyone else.

There is no perfect build. I know you have played a ton and are a very good player. I have played with and against you so I know you have enough experience with the old system and the new one to know what you are talking about.

I use to be a player build nerd that would constantly ask people about their builds and try different things. I spent way too long watching player build videos online. There were stats that seemed to be 'broken' or did not have enough effect but there was no 1 perfect build. Otherwise all the top end players would know it and probably use it. It would be all over youtube and forums.

After 3 years of comparing builds with players from drop in, LG, IOHL and random clubs I was shocked to see that nobody really had the exact same build which leads me to believe that there was no perfect build. Some guys would not use accel, some no agility, some no o-awareness or d-awareness. That alone shows the nobody could agree on a build. Even the player size was not something people could agree on.

In the end if EA could create an attribute system that was less exploitable then I am guessing most people would be happy with it. But instead we are forced to use premade (albeit still fun) builds. I don't buy NHL every year for customisation but it is something I miss and have the right to hope/ask for in the future.
  • I think most of the people complaining on here just miss their speedy little grinders. Personally, as someone who usually maxed my player very fast in past games, I prefer this set-up. Its fun seeing a team pick a bunch of snipers and then countering them with a power forward.

I think people are seeing the old set-up with rose-tinted glasses. I remember even with full customization how terrible those players felt when compared to stars in HUT or even your own character in Be a Pro. It felt like skating in mud, and anybody who played from about 2011-2014 can remember that. These preset players feel much better than the custom players from those previous versions.

I say keep it like it is. If you really want to allow customization again, do it 100% different than you did before, because those players sucked compared to these ones. But this is coming from a guy who likes to set up the cycle and distribute 1Ts, deliver crushing checks to tiny forwards, and play a solid two-way game. I get the impression a lot of these guys are yearning for their 5' 7'' grinders who sit on the blue-line and torch D-men due to raw speed. LOL @ thinking that was a better game.
  • If anything I'd probably prefer them to eliminate player types and just make it totally skill based. Maybe let people have some control over size or some small equipment buffs/nerfs. Then you can be whatever kind of player you want on the ice because everyone has the tools to do everything.
    PSN : GordonRamsey
    Club : Midnight Express
  • Classes have made EASHL the best it's ever been in my opinion.
  • Actually Goat1313 It took me probably 3 months to get leg 3. And still kicked a** . I have no issue with the even playing field. What i have an issue with is the let me customize the railings in the arena but i have to play with a **** **** stock player.

What the should do is get rid of the cards and just give us the attributes from day one let us build the guy we want. Let us put our attributes where we want. And then let us build the arena and stuff like we do now in this game.

Id love to go back to my 2 way setup man build.

In conclusion. No cards give us the 2200 attribute points from day one and let us build our guy and then earn our arena / jerseys.

Got me confused with goata8 but that's ok. Got a reputation to keep here.
  • If they're dead set for keeping the classes that's ok. But only if they give us access to the stats as in any other game mode. I just want to see. But even better would be to let us choose a real life NHL player before our match up screen and go from there. Just tired of playing with 80-85 overall rated guys. Where's gaudreaus speed? Or ovis shot? Gudas taking guys out? Give us all star builds. Who wants to play with a scrub?
  • Nope, dont ever do that in a competitive sports game. Never again EA.
  • Classes have made EASHL the best it's ever been in my opinion.
    Yup!