EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Bring Back attributes!!!

Replies

• Hessuhopo123
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    God I wish attributes came back to this game. It actually made playing drop-ins worth it. You needed to play good and pass the puck etc. to gain points. Now its: forwards have to defend when d-men are attacking or full of "im wayne grezky" solo players. So stupid.
    Or even a possibility to choose between pre-created classes and "my pro".
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I liked attributes but a problem did exist with them. The hard caps weren't low enough. Even if it cost more points you could create builds that didn't make sense like an enforcer that was 5'6" and 120 lbs. and could hit like a bull or a 6'6" and 250 lbs. sniper that had insane accuracy and skating. Also the boosts you get from be a pro or club weren't fair even remotely, a player who doesn't play those modes shouldn't have to go play them to earn the same rewards. Example: i wasn't in a club and i could only climb to a cap of 83 (85 if i reconfigured it into atrributes i didn't want) and my buddy who was in a club could cap at 93. Well i didn't play club but i won more than i lost so i should've had access to the same boosts.
  • If they bring back attributes, what they need to do is instead of player levels, each game give people spending points on their guy. like this years xp system, but points for players instead.
  • So everyones complaint about the attribute system comes down to some having more points or boosts than them? Ok so everyone has all points available from launch. What a tough fix.

All in all its pretty meaningless anyway, the way the game is set up makes it so your player type or attributes dont really matter. All the goals that go in are ugly **** clusterfucks or they are money shots from specific spots on the ice that makes the puck go in no matter who you are. I score just as much and hit corners just as often with an enforcer as I do with a sniper.
  • IXxNHLxXl wrote: »
    People complained that it was too hard to have fun in EASHL when they loaded up a drop-in as a 56 OVR and had to play against high 80's/low 90's OVR players. I highly doubt we will ever see EASHL OVR's come back, atleast for drop-ins, maybe a club exclusive thing in the future? Doubt it though.

Youratv wrote: »
    I liked attributes but a problem did exist with them. The hard caps weren't low enough. Even if it cost more points you could create builds that didn't make sense like an enforcer that was 5'6" and 120 lbs. and could hit like a bull or a 6'6" and 250 lbs. sniper that had insane accuracy and skating. Also the boosts you get from be a pro or club weren't fair even remotely, a player who doesn't play those modes shouldn't have to go play them to earn the same rewards. Example: i wasn't in a club and i could only climb to a cap of 83 (85 if i reconfigured it into atrributes i didn't want) and my buddy who was in a club could cap at 93. Well i didn't play club but i won more than i lost so i should've had access to the same boosts.

I tried that, problem was because he was small he could barely hit anything. I didnt try it for long as it wasn't successful for me. Not sure how you got it to work.
  • complaints were bogus from the get go. Just a reason for them to make adjustments, and maybe by them some time. Honeslty the jump in stats from superstar to legend was minor at best
  • Notice all the attributes now on all the hut cards? I believe it will be making a comeback.
  • IXxNHLxXl wrote: »
    People complained that it was too hard to have fun in EASHL when they loaded up a drop-in as a 56 OVR and had to play against high 80's/low 90's OVR players. I highly doubt we will ever see EASHL OVR's come back, atleast for drop-ins, maybe a club exclusive thing in the future? Doubt it though.

The fix to that is to give everyone the same attribute pool regardless of level, but still let them add or remove attributes from their player
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    IXxNHLxXl wrote: »

Youratv wrote: »

I tried that, problem was because he was small he could barely hit anything. I didnt try it for long as it wasn't successful for me. Not sure how you got it to work.

Prolly cause i only play as an enf so any adjustment was just in scale of size and positioning, i legit had a 5'6" 120 lb. guy that i could crush dudes with. Anyways attributes didn't make sense as the caps weren't accurate. You could make builds that didn't make sense like a sniper that could hit but couldn't snipe or a playmaker that could snipe and not pass or a dfd that could pass and not hit and so on, it just cost more points to make. Bf has taken the same direction as far as attachments, the guns now come with the best ones automatically as there was no reason for the other ones because they were just choices that made your weapon inferior in comparison. I like the class system now. I do miss the unique customization of attributes but not that much. I actually don't like the addition of the extra player classes as i feel it takes more away from defined roles in the game and that they didn't put as much effort into the distribution of attributes into the already existing classes. I say that very biasly as I've already said i play as an enf d man and the build is just trash. Same as the dfd only worse at skating, like what?
    Post edited by Youratv on
  • I dont see why everyone is complaining about the classes... its not like they're bad. Plus there is literally a class geared towards every single play style. What more can you ask for? Its not like they limited your choices down to a couple play styles.

Honestly not saying its true, but i feel like the only people who actually complain about not being able to do your own attributes and grind are the people who abused the broken parts of the system and ruinied it for everyone and is now made that they dont have unrealistic players.
  • I agree with one exception and that's the enforcer defenseman which is not it's own play style, it's just a worse version of the dfd.
  • They should bring back attributes but with an even more complex and longer system to get the max out of your stats.
  • They should really just let us choose from a preset list of NHL players. Let us play as 92 ovi in the hitting sniper class. Or radko gudas as the enforcer defenseman. There'd be more choices of course. These games should be with all star players ( gudas a bad choice ) not the 80-85 overall builds they currently have is playing with.
  • I'm gonna go ahead and disagree, you want all around players who are good at just about everything, it completely destroys the idea of player class' and defined roles which i think should be necessary to play in a team oriented game especially in full games with 6v6 or 5v5.
  • Even with stock builds and everyone have the same player, that does not matter some people are better at the game. It has nothing to with how the old system was. Bring back attributes!!! If a team of people wins 10-3 with stock builds that means they are better players and I bet they would beat them with 65 overalls. The attributes were noth the problem the skill level balancing was. There should be player attribute building and they should have the skill ranking system so when people who have been playong for a while play against other high skill players and lower skill vs lower skill plain and simple. The stick builds really get boring and who really gets excite that they unlocked a new hair do that doesn't help make you better.
  • One of the advantages that attributes had was that it gave people online some control over the tuning of their skater. Depending on where you are located and how much lag you typically deal with it can be a big help to be able to change the ratio of acceleration, agility and speed. Player size was also nice.
    PSN : GordonRamsey
    Club : Midnight Express
  • Have them back but you can only upgrade with what you earn not being allowed to spend money to cheat.
  • Dear god, not this s*&t AGAIN!?

Put me in the camp of "classes is the best thing to happen to this game"

I mean the metagame of levelling up your "character" was fun - but it could also be a bit of a slog and frankly I dont think people had as much influence over the "on the ice" result of tweaking their builds as they thought they did.

Balanced is better
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • booher04
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The way to fix the main issues people have with the custom builds is to give everyone the same amount of XP from the beginning and remove the grind for points part of it. Also, let every ones player builds be visible after/before/during the games. You can go into the menu and see each players attributes. Also, EA would have to fix the attributes and make them matter... all of them. You could eliminate guys taking an enforcer and making him 5'6 speed demon that could do it all. Make the caps lower for each player class, example: Sniper can't have a 99 checking, and the idea was good when they charged more points to raise their hitting, but I dont think they made it cost enough. Adjust it accordingly. Also, if you put your durability on 65(or leave it at lowest setting) so you can add to speed, agility, balance... then if you get hit hard, you are injured but not just for the period, all stats drop by 10 or 20 for the whole game. That will make you take a risk vs reward approach to creating your player.

Also, I've seen guys say put in 2 separate game modes. That would work as well then you could see from the numbers who was playing what mode more as well.
    Post edited by booher04 on
  • The easiest fix is to eliminate the "grind," and just give every played the XP points right from the start. Exactly how it was with the last gen expect no legend 3 climb. Everyone wins. Build the player you want, and some schmuck who plays 10 games a year will be in the same boat as someone who plays 100 games a year.