EA Forums - Banner

What is going on EA? Arcade hockey is back

Prev134
We are back to arcade hockey. Puck control is way too high. Laser passes tape to tape. Player with the puck has way too much advantage against the player without the puck.

Getting a scoring opportinuty is too easy. Dumping the puck doesnt make any sense. This is not hockey. This is 3 vs 3 nhl arcade.

Replies

• Adjust the sliders that's what I did and I love it.
  • Adjust the sliders that's what I did and I love it.

This doesn't help for people who play online.
  • They need to fix sticklift urgently
  • mad_rob38 wrote: »
    They need to fix sticklift urgently

Agreed, puck battles on the boards and behind the net against the AI are even more hopeless than they used to be. Forwards can just dance around in circles too, untouchable unless you get them with a poke that doesn't go right back to thier stick.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Adjust the sliders that's what I did and I love it.

Yup, its brutal playing d without stick lift.
  • we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.
  • we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.

And you don't see defensemen getting tripping calls when trying to poke the puck away from the opposing player's stick when they are facing the puck.

Play offline. That is how the game is intended to be played.

Online gaming is garbage.

It's NOT the 1980s or 90s anymore. The World is connected via the Internet (ie ONLINE)
  • ElecAtoilet
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »

It's NOT the 1980s or 90s anymore. The World is connected via the Internet (ie ONLINE)

I guess Im an old relic that enjoys not having playing issues and lag.

Don't millennials have friends they can invite over instead of complaining about their online experience?
  • joefitz22 wrote: »

Don't millennials have friends they can invite over instead of complaining about their online experience?

I dont have a problem with lag usually, and I'm not inviting people over every time I want to play a game, you are apart of a very small group of people who play offline, I find the gameplay boring and unrewarding. It's not fun crushing AI every game for me, maybe just old relics like you still enjoy it.

I dont have a problem with lag usually, and I'm not inviting people over every time I want to play a game, you are apart of a very small group of people who play offline, I find the gameplay boring and unrewarding. It's not fun crushing AI every game for me, maybe just old relics like you still enjoy it.

You need to set AI to the hardest setting. It can get quite challenging.
  • joefitz22 wrote: »

Old relic, C'mon mate I'm 43. When I was in High School (Graduated in '91), THE thing to do was to invite friends over OR go to their house and play Sega Genesis. As time past, we Grew up and Matured. I joined the Navy for 4 yrs, others went to College or had local jobs or were bums...lol! As more time past some of us got Married and had kids, others moved away and sadly 1 passed away (drugs are bad). My point is, it's not easy to just call up a friend and say come on over and play Xbox. My best friend is currently in his 16th year in the Air Force stationed in Nebraska, ONLY way to play NHL with him is ONLINE
  • Completely agree - they changed the speed and/or fatigue settings and it went from being the best online hockey i've ever played in the pre-release, to being the same older charging up and down the ice, with all of the nuances out the window. They need to realize that the kids who like that are a vocal crowd online - but there's many, many hockey fans who love a real sim. Look at operation sports where legions have devoted themselves to tweaking the sliders into a sim that's way beyond what i'm suggesting as a compromise. If that's financially impossible just give the option to tweak a few setting pre online match and for leagues.

They need to stick to their guns with making a great online hockey game, which they had and chucked out at the first sign of displeasure from the noisy few.
  • brettbarrett0987
    85 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Different year, same stuff. Start off pretty decent in beta and make it progressively aracedy with every patch and tuner.

Wait till NHL 18 beta.
    Post edited by SirPsychoT on
  • Workin_OT
    469 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Different year, same stuff. Start off pretty decent in beta and make it progressively aracedy with every patch and tuner.

Wait till NHL 18 beta.
    Game didn't get tuned to be more arcadey, eh bud? <3

The first year or two that tuners were a thing didn't go great tuner wise, but since then the tuners they've released have been what the game needed.. People have held onto this complaint for years and years and years now and it has been false the entire time. :D
    Post edited by SirPsychoT on
  • The pokecheck is more effective, it's easier to get knocked off the puck, passes get intercepted a lot easier, and it requires a lot more precision to nail a pass. I'm not sure what game you're playing, but puck control is at an all time low compared to previous versions of the game.
  • CURMUDGE0N
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2016

You need to set AI to the hardest setting. It can get quite challenging.

On the hardest setting it just feels like the AI scores whenever they want though, I have no doubt it's challenging, I just don't find it fun to play an AI with pinpoint passing and accuracy. I'd rather play EASHL to be honest, it gives the most realistic hockey experience in the game in my opinion, and that's just more fun to me.
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    Different year, same ****. Start off pretty decent in beta and make it progressively aracedy with every patch and tuner.

Wait till NHL 18 beta.
    Game didn't get tuned to be more arcadey, eh bud? <3

The first year or two that tuners were a thing didn't go great tuner wise, but since then the tuners they've released have been what the game needed.. People have held onto this complaint for years and years and years now and it has been false the entire time. :D

You have no idea what you're talking about. I had both the beta and the 10 hour EA access pre-order. Played it online constantly, as did all my friends. It's not just that it's bug-fixed through tuners and patches, it's that they make adjustments to the speed/fatigue, or something that changes the feel/speed.

Not sure why you're running around these topics trying to play damage control. We all just want the best game, and with slider adjustments offline it's a great game. Online they turned it back into pinball again. It's not a "conspiracy theory" - it's a physical, measurable fact, and has been noticed by many, as evidenced by the few posts on this brand new forum, and myriad comments on other sites like Operation Sports, as well as the fact that anyone who created sim-like slider settings[see 50+ pages of posts on OP] has had to readjust the speed settings since the new tuners came out.