EA Forums - Banner

What is going on EA? Arcade hockey is back

Replies

  • we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.

    LOL, uh, what??
  • we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.

    LOL, uh, what??

    you clearly don't watch hockey, Canada Russia 4 all game i laughed

    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.

    LOL, uh, what??

    you clearly don't watch hockey, Canada Russia 4 all game i laughed

    That nearly made sense Cogs, as usual.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    LuGer33x wrote: »
    Did they really change the game that much already with tuners?

    It's not really that they changed it with the tuners. It's that there are a few gameplay mechanic changes that were made from the BETA/Pre-release to the final game code like goalies no longer making "desperation" type saves as much on shots that come near his body, stick lifts no longer being as effective as they were during the BETA, deflections finding the back of the net at a very high rate, etc. That's to say nothing of the myriad bugs, glitches and exploits people are having to deal with since launch.

    Just to name a few: The goalies' pads float about an inch off the ice during post hugs. Sometimes when the game is calling a delayed penalty and the goalie goes to the bench, it will "reset" to the last face-off and add 3 minutes to the clock while the goalie STAYS on the bench. There's no way to call the goalie back either, he just stays on the bench and the other team enjoys an empty net opportunity until the play is stopped or they score a goal. Cross-grain shots are back better than ever. Same with NHL 15 forehand, backhand, forehand dekes that beat the AI goalies almost every time. The protect the puck bubble is back. The worst of the lot though is how holding the puck to your backhand and rushing in accross the crease beats goalies 100%.

    All in all, games are extremely high scoring, even though the defensive side has been slightly improved. It's like EA said: "well now that the d-men and goalies are better, let's allow more random stuff to go in to balance things out."

    It's a mixed bag really. The game is badly in need of a tuner right now. If and when it does, I'd like to see the puck handler's lateral acceleration turned down to almost nothing. Shots from the point, deflections and one-timers are OP already. Do they really need the ability to just weave all over the ice to score goals as well??
  • When the guy with the puck is more agile and can spin around for days to avoid hits and poke checks than someone without the puck, you know that somethings wrong with this game.. Its been that way for how long now?
  • Hotjoint wrote: »
    When the guy with the puck is more agile and can spin around for days to avoid hits and poke checks than someone without the puck, you know that somethings wrong with this game.. Its been that way for how long now?

    This.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.

    LOL, uh, what??

    you clearly don't watch hockey, Canada Russia 4 all game i laughed

    That nearly made sense Cogs, as usual.

    I see, so your unable to understand internent lingo,

    Do you watch hockey ?

    Did you watch the Canada-Russia world cup game yesterday (Canada won 5-3 by the way) ?

    There was literally 4 stick lifts, that whole game. The reason I know this, is because I was specifically watching for this, because of this thread, during that game. And with normal NHL games its no different.

    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.

    LOL, uh, what??

    you clearly don't watch hockey, Canada Russia 4 all game i laughed

    That nearly made sense Cogs, as usual.

    I see, so your unable to understand internent lingo,

    Do you watch hockey ?

    Did you watch the Canada-Russia world cup game yesterday (Canada won 5-3 by the way) ?

    There was literally 4 stick lifts, that whole game. The reason I know this, is because I was specifically watching for this, because of this thread, during that game. And with normal NHL games its no different.

    People don't play Nhl 17 like real hockey, so your point has no bearing. There were only 4 stick lifts in the canada vs russia game because they move the puck before anyone is close enough to stick lift. When there is an opportunity to do it they still stick lift.

    Why are you arguing so hard against having a stick lift that works anyway? Is it because it's harder for you to deke through 4 players in the offensive zone?
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    There were only 4 stick lifts in the canada vs russia game because they move the puck before anyone is close enough to stick lift. When there is an opportunity to do it they still stick lift.

    ^^This.

    In real hockey players will pass the puck way before another player gets into range to attempt a stick lift. Something you'll almost never see anyone do online, they'd much rather just rag the puck and go through 5 players for a sick deke goal + celly...

    And that's why we need a stick lift that actually... y'know... LIFTS sticks. :/
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    I see, so your unable to understand internent lingo,

    sorry-i-dont-aeqbvz.jpg

  • DEC3PTIV3 wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    When the guy with the puck is more agile and can spin around for days to avoid hits and poke checks than someone without the puck, you know that somethings wrong with this game.. Its been that way for how long now?

    This.

    Until EA makes the realistic change that makes the person with the puck the least agile person so they can't curl the puck behind them and spin around and pretty much strug everything off, its just going to promote the same selfish style of hockey that's existed for god knows how long.
  • In offline, the AI sticklifts you at least 700 times.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Adjust the sliders that's what I did and I love it.

    This doesn't help for people who play online.

    Play offline. That is how the game is intended to be played.

    Online gaming is garbage.


    If this game was meant to be played offline, then they failed even more miserably than they already did. You can add all the sliders in the world, but that doesn't fix the total atrocity that is your teammate AI. AI forwads, defensemen, and goalies are absolutely brutal compared to their CPU opposition counter-parts. This game really does play like a 90's game. The developers can't make the CPU AI play hockey correctly and challenging, so they artifically nerf your AI to even the field. It's an absolute joke haha.
  • I prefer authentic teams with authentic players.

    Offline season mode is the most realistic hockey experience IMO
    For whatever reason I can't get past the fact that 80% of the players in the game have generic faces and nowhere resemble their real life counterpart.
  • I'm in between so far on NHL 17, it's far better than NHL 13,14,15,16 in that the skating is much improved, more agility, more acceleration, more responsive. Still too many wonky pivots, stuck in mud too often occurs, needs to be more fluid/seamless. The input delay is still there, the game feels sluggish and find myself abusing my controller pushing the sticks/buttons harder and harder trying to get make my skater do what I just told him too quicker/faster. Stick lift balance is much better, in the past far too many **** stick lifts occurred, you could burn by a defender and they would stick lift you out of position from behind, now you have to be in perfect position to get stick lifts to work. Poke checks are a little overpowered, not that I'm against having a good poke check knock the puck loose, but it seems there are poke checks from crazy out of position situations that shouldn't occur, other than that its good.

    NHL 17, nothing like 09,10,11,12, but much better than NHL 13,14,15,16. Mostly because of the better agility/acceleration / responsive with the skating.
  • We can have this discussion without name calling, personal insults, if you can't them do it through PMs or you will be banned for a few days
    Do, or do not, there is no try
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    we don't see that much stick lift in real hockey in my opinion.

    LOL, uh, what??

    you clearly don't watch hockey, Canada Russia 4 all game i laughed

    That nearly made sense Cogs, as usual.

    I see, so your unable to understand internent lingo,

    Do you watch hockey ?

    Did you watch the Canada-Russia world cup game yesterday (Canada won 5-3 by the way) ?

    There was literally 4 stick lifts, that whole game. The reason I know this, is because I was specifically watching for this, because of this thread, during that game. And with normal NHL games its no different.

    Yes Cogs I do watch and play hockey. I also understand internet "lingo" as you say. I just don't understand you because you can't express yourself nearly as well as the average 6 year-old.

    Nice try though.
  • Cut the personal attacks and get back on topic or we can close the thread and give anyone participating a time out from the new boards....

    I know its easy to get worked up over a topic people are passionate about but there is no place for the back and forth. It contributes nothing to the conversation....its the internet move on.
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN
  • Hey cogs, guaranteed you didn't watch off the puck. Because there's around a 100 or more stick lifts in a real game of hockey ;)

    Net battles, board battles, stick tie ups on passes. You name it. It's called defense.
  • Hey cogs, guaranteed you didn't watch off the puck. Because there's around a 100 or more stick lifts in a real game of hockey ;)

    Net battles, board battles, stick tie ups on passes. You name it. It's called defense.

    Hahah yeah I literally laughed out loud when he said there were "4" stick lifts the entire game. :D

  • CrushNHL wrote: »
    Hey cogs, guaranteed you didn't watch off the puck. Because there's around a 100 or more stick lifts in a real game of hockey ;)

    Net battles, board battles, stick tie ups on passes. You name it. It's called defense.

    Hahah yeah I literally laughed out loud when he said there were "4" stick lifts the entire game. :D

    Cogs you gotta be trolling. Stick lifts are a MAJOR part of hockey. I've played hockey pretty much all my life and that's one of the first things that they teach you.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!