EA Forums - Banner

Stick lift?

Prev134567
So idk if the devs are still looking at or will be responding to these forums but it's pretty clear that the stick lift is broken and useless as it is now.

I (and everyone else I'm sure) am wondering if this will be fixed or addressed any time soon? It makes the game far less enjoyable when you can't even use one of hockey's biggest defensive tools.

Replies

• Socair
    2706 posts Game Changer
    I'm sure the inevitable patch will address it. That, the overpowered poke checks from behind, the whole crash the net and force the puck in while hitting the goalie for a "legal" goal, plus whatever other major things need to be fixed. Just not sure when they usually release the patch. Want to say mid October. Anyone recall when it typically is released?
  • They usually had some sort of patch by early October most years, from what I remember, and I know I saw a comment on their Facebook that they planned to address the stick lift situation.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    They usually had some sort of patch by early October most years, from what I remember, and I know I saw a comment on their Facebook that they planned to address the stick lift situation.

Think you mean November.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    They usually had some sort of patch by early October most years, from what I remember, and I know I saw a comment on their Facebook that they planned to address the stick lift situation.

Think you mean November.
    Actually, not releasing a patch until November would be the latest the first patch has come out since at least NHL 12:

NHL 16 - September 22
    NHL 15 - September 23
    NHL 14 - October 15
    NHL 13 - October 22

Maybe I should be saying more like late October at the latest, but I'd really hope something like this can be addressed sooner than that, since we know it was working during the beta.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Think you mean November.
    Actually, not releasing a patch until November would be the latest the first patch has come out since at least NHL 12:

NHL 16 - September 22
    NHL 15 - September 23
    NHL 14 - October 15
    NHL 13 - October 22

Maybe I should be saying more like late October at the latest, but I'd really hope something like this can be addressed sooner than that, since we know it was working during the beta.

Did those games have a launch day patch like 17 did? Because 17 has already seen it's first patch.
  • Wait so it would really take a patch to fix the stick lift problem? It's not something that could be fixed in a tuner? What about maybe rushing a patch this year since one of the game's major mechanics is completely ineffective (but oh wait the AI can use it)!
  • If they just make it work the same as it did in the beta, I'd be happy. It "works" probably one out of every 20 times I use it in its current state. Its the only major issue I have with the game this year, I'm very happy with 17 so far.
  • RSall14
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Think you mean November.

NHL 16 - September 22
    NHL 15 - September 23
    NHL 14 - October 15
    NHL 13 - October 22

They better not wait till the end of October.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

Think you mean November.

NHL 16 - September 22
    NHL 15 - September 23
    NHL 14 - October 15
    NHL 13 - October 22

Did those games have a launch day patch like 17 did? Because 17 has already seen it's first patch.

Come on man, do we really need to be doing this already? 16 did have a day one patch, and while 15 didn't have a day one patch, it had a second patch by the end of October.

I'm not going to give any company credit for releasing a "patch" before I can even buy the game. That's just an initial release in my book.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator

Think you mean November.

NHL 16 - September 22
    NHL 15 - September 23
    NHL 14 - October 15
    NHL 13 - October 22

Come on man, do we really need to be doing this already? 16 did have a day one patch, and while 15 didn't have a day one patch, it had a second patch by the end of October.

I'm not going to give any company credit for releasing a "patch" before I can even buy the game. That's just an initial release in my book.

It was just a question, relax.
  • I really hope they dont wait until the end of october until the first real patch, besides the poke check accuracy and slap shot accuracy the game felt fine to me in the beta, feels different now. Feels harder to hit people now also, like more of a bubble is in the full release.
  • I agree it could be a tad more usefull. Even in the beta though I noticed a return of the stick lift ping pong game. And I'd rather it be left as is then even a small return to the stick lift game where that's all anyone that wasn't good enough to play the game as its meant to be played did.
  • This stick lift thing is sooooo annoying. Like guys in the NHL are going around and stick lifting every single time and are 90% accurate.

Stick lifts are a rarity. It's a work of art.

Then again... if stick lifts are the biggest problem, this games done alriiiiight!
  • Whats wrong with sticklift ? Time to start using your stick properly. THe only reason you use a sticklift is because for to long EA gave the sticklift to much love. Stick lifts are very rarely used in hockey. Stick tie ups,

Time to start holdling "A"
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with sticklift ? Time to start using your stick properly. THe only reason you use a sticklift is because for to long EA gave the sticklift to much love. Stick lifts are very rarely used in hockey. Stick tie ups,

What's wrong with it is that it doesn't work. There is literally a youtube video of how broken it is. Here:

It's 100% completely worthless. I've seen this myself, and this video ought to explain it to the doubters. It doesn't work. Your stick goes right through the other guys. I've had to modify my defense to just running through a guy's stick instead of stick lifting.

On another note, the poke check is fine. Imo, people who think it is OP either don't like to pass, or they don't know even basic dangling methods. I don't have trouble avoiding pokes unless the other player is pretty good (and I suck at dangling. All my "moves" just involve holding the right stick right or left). Similarly, I rarely have trouble poking other people. When I finally faced someone really good, it was much harder to poke. The poke does not need a nerf.
  • sigh, back to poke checks
  • i don't care, i don't have a stick lift button anyways #justgoaliethings
  • TheFame01
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with sticklift ? Time to start using your stick properly. THe only reason you use a sticklift is because for to long EA gave the sticklift to much love. Stick lifts are very rarely used in hockey. Stick tie ups,

What's wrong with it is that it doesn't work. There is literally a youtube video of how broken it is. Here:

It's 100% completely worthless. I've seen this myself, and this video ought to explain it to the doubters. It doesn't work. Your stick goes right through the other guys. I've had to modify my defense to just running through a guy's stick instead of stick lifting.

On another note, the poke check is fine. Imo, people who think it is OP either don't like to pass, or they don't know even basic dangling methods. I don't have trouble avoiding pokes unless the other player is pretty good (and I suck at dangling. All my "moves" just involve holding the right stick right or left). Similarly, I rarely have trouble poking other people. When I finally faced someone really good, it was much harder to poke. The poke does not need a nerf.

Stick lift is garbage and is another excuse to complain because... these forums. I'd rather a stick go through another stick than people starting to spam the **** out of it.

Stick lifts are a rarity for a reason. You have two hands on your stick for a reason. No player EVER should carry the puck loosely. Which they don't. Which is why we RARELY see stick lifts.

What a ****ing joke.
  • Lol **** cogs. You can't compare this game to reality in a 1 to 1 sense. I never had a problem in previous games where I felt stick lifts were so OP that they hindered my offensive capability. As it is now it just DOESN'T WORK. Yes, extended stick lifts work if your opponent is standing still but in this game that happens almost never.

I know that when I play hockey in real life I can hold my opponents stick up in the air while he's gliding to my net on the back door (say if I'm on the back check) and in this hand that is not possible.

But apparently COGS thinks that you should have to wait until your opponent is stationary before you try to initiate any sort of stock lift.

It's funny because every respectable player I have talked to about it agrees that the stick lift is useless.
  • Stick lifts are a rarity in hockey? Like f*&% they are, when they can be used they are used. You don't see it outside of puck battles in the corners often in the NHL because they move the puck, they don't head down the boards and do circle after circle protecting the puck trying to dangle whole teams.

You can't compare this to real hockey, if it were real hockey I would just swipe me stick across in front of me on defense and hit the puck off the stick of anyone dangling back and forth in front of me instead of poking straight out over and over.