EA Forums - Banner

Drop Ins ruined with new position select feature

inthecrease31
117 posts Member
edited September 2016
Is anything going to be done to fix drop ins? EA has destroyed it with the new system. It's almost impossible to play with more players than 3 on 3 (all forwards).

I don't play enough to commit to a club, so drop ins were an easy way to jump into a game whenever it was convenient. Game quality was hit and miss, but at least I could find a 6 on 6 match within 5 min of searching. Now it takes 10-15 min (sometimes longer) just to get a 3 on 3 game going.

There must be a solution so that rooms fill up with more players.

Replies

• I like that they put this in... It's better than the old version cause people would just complain that you're in there spot and now with this it's nothing like that... I dunno why you're ending up in only 3-3 matches, but I do know when I'm on late to early morning than ya it's mostly 3-3 cause only like 200 people are online
  • I agree. If your a forward you pretty much always just get into 3v3. Sometimes I just switch to D so I can get some 5s or 6s in
  • I like it, I also like the dressing room after so if by chance you get good players you can roll it again
  • Its good but I think we should be able to pick the position we chose on either team. Some times I'll play a drop in and all the guys with mics will be on one side with my position open on their team but I can only chose the other team.
  • I see this complaint a lot, and it's something I never have issues with, other than tough hours (like someone said above; early mornings....and weekdays in general). If I'm playing at peak hours, I get games quickly. Maybe try and join a casual club. That's what EASHL is truly for anyway. There are plenty of casual/public clubs to join and play games with.
  • This is one of the best features EA has added in recent years. It makes for more balanced teams and eliminates the previous "rush" to pick your position. That was the biggest time waste in the game in previous years. If you want to play with specific people you have EASHL or group matchmaking in drop ins. Have you tried these?. Letting folks puck sides will just promote folks picking the side with the highest medallion rating.

Jtric
  • TO be honest, drops in have been much quicker and more reliable to get most positions filled. If you dont like it, back out and try again.

This system works much better
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Its so much better like this. Totally disagree with your complaint.
  • I see this complaint a lot, and it's something I never have issues with, other than tough hours (like someone said above; early mornings....and weekdays in general). If I'm playing at peak hours, I get games quickly. Maybe try and join a casual club. That's what EASHL is truly for anyway. There are plenty of casual/public clubs to join and play games with.

Ya not really seen this myself. Playing during prime time. Honestly, I have seen far fewer rooms collapse this year because invariably some idiot hung out in the middle until the timer expired, or one team had a goalie and the other did not.

Much prefer this.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Is anything going to be done to fix drop ins? EA has destroyed it with the new system. It's almost impossible to play with more players than 3 on 3 (all forwards).

I don't play enough to commit to a club, so drop ins were an easy way to jump into a game whenever it was convenient. Game quality was hit and miss, but at least I could find a 6 on 6 match within 5 min of searching. Now it takes 10-15 min (sometimes longer) just to get a 3 on 3 game going.

There must be a solution so that rooms fill up with more players.

Solution is to not play Forward every time.

if you want to play 5s, select D. Would like to see some numbers from EA, but wouldnt be shocked if 9 out of 10 players went forward.
    EASHL player
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    TO be honest, drops in have been much quicker and more reliable to get most positions filled. If you dont like it, back out and try again.

This system works much better

Yup. This thread is nothing more than someone needing to complain, just to complain. This game is, head and shoulders, above anything they have come out with.

Complainers gon' complain.
  • Drop ins by default are ruined, its a bad game mode filled with Johnny all stars no matter what position they play they hog the puck and shoot from everywhere/anywhere, there is no discipline, there is no teamwork, there is no structure. You have dmen rushing up the ice playing offense, you have goalies trolling, its just a bad game mode, can't believe anyone would play this mode as their primary online mode. EASHL club is the only way to play OTP.
  • There is a solution. Play D. Too many people choose to play forward and there's not enough Ds to fill all the games. I play D and 9 out of 10 times the lobby fills up in a matter of seconds.