EA Forums - Banner

Slap shots?

I noticed that people don’t do slap shots in NHL 17. Looks like everyone is skating around the helpless defense and do the wrist shots or deke the golie. Are you agree with me guys or not?

Replies

• I disagree, I've seen a lot of slap shots. The only bad thing is that it seems like the slap shot is the way to go since the goalie seems like he can never stop a slapper
  • BigRyklin wrote: »
    I noticed that people don’t do slap shots in NHL 17. Looks like everyone is skating around the helpless defense and do the wrist shots or deke the golie. Are you agree with me guys or not?

I don't know what game you're playing. In HUT people use the slapshot all the time, particularly since goalies are so weak at rebound control.
  • I to also think that slappers go in way to often unscreened from the point. In net if a player takes a slapper that gives the goalie a lot more time to be set and square to the shot so its a very low percentage chance from the point. However in this game it seems to go in a lot more then normal. If your screening the goalie or its a tip sure good goal but uncontested shots where the goalie has a good look should be stopped a lot more then it is now.