EA Forums - Banner

anyone else tired of simple shoves

Prev1
joefitz22
643 posts Member
edited September 2016
anyone else tired of simple shoves from behind resulting in player ahead of play (puck carrier) losing the puck

Replies

• I'm annoyed that it's not always consistent.
  • I'm annoyed that it's not always consistent.

Excellent point! Crosby has a wide base, a simple arm shove from behind (while he is skating forward) is NOT gonna knock him off balance, let alone enough to make him stumble and cough up the puck. I find it interesting that it's usually the Pushing player that somehow ends up with the puck. IF Player A is skating forward with the puck (what 2,3 feet in front of him) there is no way in hell player B (behind Player A) is gonna be able to take control of the puck when the puck is (what 3,4,5) in front of him, let alone the body of Player A.

The inconsistencies also include WHEN and WHEN NOT the stick lift, poke check, solid objects passing thru solid objects will work Correctly or not. Why is it (using Game clock to show my point) that my poke check Connects properly with the puck at 13:14 but when I poke check at 13:21 my stick physically passes thru the puck??
  • Flying by a guy who nudges me from behind with little to no momentum and I lose the puck like its nothing. It's pretty annoying and it happens too often in my opinion.
  • But I thought they tuned the game so that casual danglers can hold the puck forever?! :D
  • Just another example of what happens when was listens to the goofs on this forum.
  • Videos of these shoves ? Lol
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • The nudges from behind are super annoying. They are part of the reason why this year's game is so sloppy. So hard to pick up pucks, and when you do have it, you lose it so easily from things like nudges from behind.
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that it's not always consistent.

Excellent point! Crosby has a wide base, a simple arm shove from behind (while he is skating forward) is NOT gonna knock him off balance, let alone enough to make him stumble and cough up the puck. I find it interesting that it's usually the Pushing player that somehow ends up with the puck. IF Player A is skating forward with the puck (what 2,3 feet in front of him) there is no way in hell player B (behind Player A) is gonna be able to take control of the puck when the puck is (what 3,4,5) in front of him, let alone the body of Player A.

The inconsistencies also include WHEN and WHEN NOT the stick lift, poke check, solid objects passing thru solid objects will work Correctly or not. Why is it (using Game clock to show my point) that my poke check Connects properly with the puck at 13:14 but when I poke check at 13:21 my stick physically passes thru the puck??

If you're mid stride and you get pushed there is a good chance any player, even crosby will stumble, one leg off the ice and your balance is gone when it comes to physical contact.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    The nudges from behind are super annoying. They are part of the reason why this year's game is so sloppy. So hard to pick up pucks, and when you do have it, you lose it so easily from things like nudges from behind.

Keep skating. They can't hit you from behind if they can't catch you.
  • Videos of these shoves ? Lol
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    The nudges from behind are super annoying. They are part of the reason why this year's game is so sloppy. So hard to pick up pucks, and when you do have it, you lose it so easily from things like nudges from behind.

exactly, seems the danglers are the ones complaining about this,
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »

Except thats not how this game works. Its like some of you are playing entirely different games from the rest of us. Or you just have a very good connection with the game and dont see the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 that most of us do.
  • pretty sure most people would lose a puck if they were shoved while skating
  • mikeq67
    132 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Its far too inconsistent, there are far too many times one team gets gently grazed and loses the puck and the other team can continually skate into people and get checked and never lose the puck. When you get bumped from behind while youre skating, the puck stops. When your bumped from behind and not moving, the puck goes flying. These things make no sense. Nothing about this game is consistent or makes sense. Weak fade away wrister, huge rebound chance. Hard slapper, no rebound.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    Its far too inconsistent, there are far too many times one team gets gently grazed and loses the puck and the other team can continually skate into people and get checked and never lose the puck. When you get bumped from behind while youre skating, the puck stops. When your bumped from behind and not moving, the puck goes flying. These things make no sense. Nothing about this game is consistent or makes sense. Weak fade away wrister, huge rebound chance. Hard slapper, no rebound.

Exactly! A little consistency goes a long way!
  • People can play defense now. Crazy. Needs fixed. lol
  • Consistency would be nice. But I'm fine with the nudges in general.
  • CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    Consistency would be nice. But I'm fine with the nudges in general.

Agreed but a "little" nudge isn't gonna allow Player B (the one that nudges) to automatically pick up the puck that is in front of Player A. Player B would still have to contend with Player A being in front of him (weather Player A falls down or not). It's the inconsistency of Player B nudging Player A from behind, Player A stumbles forward (forward momentum) but yet the Puck (which is still IN FRONT OF Player A) seems to come to a complete stop and allows Player B to pick it up as Player A continues falling forward.

EA try this IRL in the office if necessary. 2 people one behind the other. Person A has the ball/puck and is skating/walking (lol) with the ball/puck in front of him (say stick length ahead...push puck). Person B gives person A a shove...ok Person A might fall down BUT where is the ball/puck in conjunction to where Person B is at. What object (weather still on his feet or on the ground) is IN FRONT OF Person B that might pose a problem for Person B to get the ball/puck. What IF as Person A is falling forward his stick makes contact with the ball/puck and pushes it even further ahead of him
  • CH1l1X95
    41 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    Consistency would be nice. But I'm fine with the nudges in general.

Agreed but a "little" nudge isn't gonna allow Player B (the one that nudges) to automatically pick up the puck that is in front of Player A. Player B would still have to contend with Player A being in front of him (weather Player A falls down or not). It's the inconsistency of Player B nudging Player A from behind, Player A stumbles forward (forward momentum) but yet the Puck (which is still IN FRONT OF Player A) seems to come to a complete stop and allows Player B to pick it up as Player A continues falling forward.

EA try this IRL in the office if necessary. 2 people one behind the other. Person A has the ball/puck and is skating/walking (lol) with the ball/puck in front of him (say stick length ahead...push puck). Person B gives person A a shove...ok Person A might fall down BUT where is the ball/puck in conjunction to where Person B is at. What object (weather still on his feet or on the ground) is IN FRONT OF Person B that might pose a problem for Person B to get the ball/puck. What IF as Person A is falling forward his stick makes contact with the ball/puck and pushes it even further ahead of him

I agree with what you're saying, especially how the puck comes to a stop for no reason. But as of right now I'd rather have what we have now than players being immune to it, especially for smaller players.

In the future I do hope when nudges happen the puck keeps its momentum in the same direction its been going. If it can be fixed in a patch then thats great.
  • Your player class definitely comes into question here, I usually play as grinder and when I pick dangler, the other class I play with, I can notice right away how easily the dangler is pushed off the puck compared to my grinder.

The grinder gets nudged off the puck as well but only slightly, and most of the time I get the puck back. When I get hit with the dangler I usually lose balance completely and it takes longer to recover, which usually is a turnover.
  • Yea I'm gonna go ahead and say that this isn't an issue IMO. It's quite easy to avoid these nudges by playing real hockey and it's a needed tool for the defense. Get better at protecting the puck, please.