EA Forums - Banner

anyone else tired of simple shoves

2Next

Replies

• Santini3 wrote: »
    Yea I'm gonna go ahead and say that this isn't an issue IMO. It's quite easy to avoid these nudges by playing real hockey and it's a needed tool for the defense. Get better at protecting the puck, please.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I love playing defense, players shouldn't be able to weasel through a couple hits and poke checks and come out with the puck like in nhl 16.
  • It's always best to post with a video. Let's see some examples.
    Yea I'm gonna go ahead and say that this isn't an issue IMO. It's quite easy to avoid these nudges by playing real hockey and it's a needed tool for the defense. Get better at protecting the puck, please.

Nudged from behind isn't really a tool that should result in the puck going flying off the stick. Now from the sides ya it's a great thing. But until they fix stick lift might as well give defense this one from behind working.

• kanucks2525
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The worst thing about pokes and nudges from behind is that sometimes the puck goes loose and somehow goes backwards towards the defender (especially when the AI is the defender). Makes little sense. Not only does the carrier lose the puck when he has a step on the defender, but then he's also caught up ice because the puck went the other way unrealistically.

I'll have to remember to record this next time it happens.
  • Its really annoying. Puck should continue in the direction it had in 99,9% of the times this happens successfully.

My biggest complain though about playing defense, is still the way the puck go back to the attacking team.

You hit a guy, he falls on his 🎃🎃🎃🎃, and get up and continue with the puck.
    You poke the puck away, he pick it and continue with the puck.
    You sticklift, he sticklift back and continue with the puck. Sometimes multiple times. Jousting simulator?
    You block a shot, he pick it up and score anyway.

I cant believe how often the puck change direction and go to a teammate of the guy getting poked or checked! Usually is some impossible angle, and to the TAPE!

Fix it please!
    FURY-69-.png
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    anyone else tired of simple shoves from behind resulting in player ahead of play (puck carrier) losing the puck

That miraculously causes the puck to cease all forward momentum and or zip backwards to the player who shoved you? Yeah that's 🎃🎃🎃🎃
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    It's completely pathetic how a slight nudge in the back by someone could have such a dramatic effect on a 200+ pound player. Not to mention how the puck somehow always changes direction backwards instead of keeping forward momentum. Body positioning should be key for puck possession yet apparently not in nhl 17

I can attest that shoves from behind even mid stride have very little effect. Sure you may inadvertently stutter step, but the puck however does NOT suddenly cease all forward momentum nor slide backwards. This happened during my practice last night, I was rushing up the boards, the backchecking forward gave me a slight shove mid stride, I stumbled a tad, however it was rendered moot as my body position protected the puck and it kept moving forward as well as losing very little speed. I think it's a needed tool, I do agree...but it's nowhere near as effective IRL as it is in this game. Needs to be toned down a bit.

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Santini3 wrote: »

As someone who actually plays hockey, that little shove is only really effective if you're at a stand still OR just getting going. Like I said this exact play happened during our scrimmage last night. My gripe is when you're at full flight it shouldnt has as big an effect on you.