EA Forums - Banner

Switch Player Issue

I don't know if it's an issue for you guys, but so many times i am tyring to select a certain player and it always goes to the wrong player, which usually ends up resulting with the puck in my own net. I freaking hate it. Especially when they are on the rush down the boards and I am trying to select my defenceman, but it keeps picking the forwards BEHIND the guy, so he gets a free breakaway pretty much....

Replies

• HabzSauce wrote: »
    I don't know if it's an issue for you guys, but so many times i am tyring to select a certain player and it always goes to the wrong player, which usually ends up resulting with the puck in my own net. I freaking hate it. Especially when they are on the rush down the boards and I am trying to select my defenceman, but it keeps picking the forwards BEHIND the guy, so he gets a free breakaway pretty much....

Yep. Have the same problem every year. Usually I can tell when it's happening, and I just have to make do with the guy I have. Every year it needs to be fixed, every year it's not.
  • That is TOTALLY a problem area that they need to work on. There are games where I lock down my opponents perfectly fine, but end up losing the games because ALL of their goals are scored in situations where the game ALL OF A SUDDEN won't let me switch to the proper player to make the proper play.

It's funny how the player switching can act perfectly fine and CONSISTENT for 58 game minutes, but be totally broken for the other 2 minutes. How can you NOT think there is something else happening within the game programming when things happen like that (not trying to claim ice tilt here)
  • Having issues with this as well, from what I understand when you switch players, its like the passing system.
    You have to aim, from your current selected player to the player you want.

Its has its positives and negatives. I just wish they brought back the, HOLD RT and get the last man back, with the new system. The new system I find works really well on the neutral zone forecheck.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Having issues with this as well, from what I understand when you switch players, its like the passing system.

Its has its positives and negatives. I just wish they brought back the, HOLD RT and get the last man back, with the new system. The new system I find works really well on the neutral zone forecheck.

I've heard that too, for last year and this year. Hasn't worked for me; personally, I think it's a crapshoot.

• COGSx86 wrote: »
    Having issues with this as well, from what I understand when you switch players, its like the passing system.

It still is in the game, I use it a lot because when y opponent is breaking out of his zone and I see he will be passing to the far side winger, I am unable to change to the player covering him because EA doesn't want players to have full control of who they want to defend with for some reason. So I am forced to switch to the far side dman, pull him out of position and try to time the pass perfect. It is unbelievable that we still cant control who we want to switch to on defense.

• HabzSauce wrote: »

Yep. Have the same problem every year. Usually I can tell when it's happening, and I just have to make do with the guy I have. Every year it needs to be fixed, every year it's not.

It's a joke how they can't get it fixed for current gen. Last gen it worked perfectly fine imo, I don't get how these types of things get past QA.
  • Sall0020 wrote: »
    HabzSauce wrote: »

It's a joke how they can't get it fixed for current gen. Last gen it worked perfectly fine imo, I don't get how these types of things get past QA.

QA, we don't need no stinkin QA or What's this QA you speak of!
    Ohhhhh you mean Questions and Answers, OK gotcha now, what do you mean it's not for Questons and Answers then what it's for, QUALITY ASSURANCE...what's that?

I kid EA I kid!!