EA Forums - Banner

How did this game get past testing?

This game is broken in a bad, bad way

Half of the EASHL games do not start and the entire lobby lags out

Connection at peak times like during the night and on weekends is atrociously bad. Connection says 9ms but still skips

EASHL clubs getting broken or locked out of their teams

Stick lift is a penalty every time.

Goalies atrociously bad and the RS slides are broken. Always get beaten by high shots and goaltender interference still isn't called

Players on EASHL randomly freeze. Any button press won't unfreeze

HUT doesn't load for half of users and problems with packs (I don't play HUT but this is all over the place

Replies

• Could go on but it's probably a waste of time... Online this game is broken
  • Because its an ea game. If it was any other company, they would've failed it and held off on the release. How the quality assurance manager still has a job is beyond me. If it were my company, that person would've gotten the boot immediately. Ea's qa team passed it with flying colors.
  • 1. It's EA and the only hockey game out there that is on console... 2. 2K Sports NHL Series folded cause no one wanted to buy they're hockey game because a majority of people didn't take the time to see that they would become a huge company in the sporting world and do what they have done with sports games
  • It is an absolute shame that 2K hockey doesn't exist. Could you imagine the customization options!? Their jersey editor was better than EA's at the time, their Franchise mode has always been better. Their gameplay, when modifid with their sliders, always gave a more realistic hockey experience than EA ever did. And now, the league tools they offer in NBA 2K are amazing!

It seriously is such a shame.
  • Well tbh I 🎃🎃🎃🎃 alot about last years game because it was broken and laggy.

So far we got about 60 games on our club and

The game has frozen 0 times in the loading we have had guy drop twice during loading to the game (crashed). Maybe we have just been lucky. I'v had 0 connection problems myself.

Stick lift is broken I agree but for now just don't use it. It's not like you HAVE to use it in order to defend.

Being a goalie myself it's still better than 16. In 16 nobody could make a slapshot goal on you if it wasn't redirected. Now againts CPU goalies it's too easy to make slapshot goal BUT good human goalie can save the slapshots when they learn how to do it. You just don't move before the attacker makes his move. When he shoots press left stick to the direction of the shot and it won't go in usually. Sure sometimes it slips trough but you should be letting the opposing team to shoot from the slot.

Players in EASHL and goalies do freeze in the EASHL and that is a problem.
  • Skrappy3957
    315 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    It is an absolute shame that 2K hockey doesn't exist. Could you imagine the customization options!? Their jersey editor was better than EA's at the time, their Franchise mode has always been better. Their gameplay, when modifid with their sliders, always gave a more realistic hockey experience than EA ever did. And now, the league tools they offer in NBA 2K are amazing!

It seriously is such a shame.

The arena creator would be a hell of a lot better... we'd more than likely be able to create our own ads on the boards and ice instead of having EA posted everywhere... plus we'd probably have custom goalie pad creator which I've been pitching to EA for years now which they just seem to overlook and not think about... classic EA NOT listening to their customers

Like could you seriously see it... being able to choose your brand or just a random plain white goalie equipment and then choosing custom logos or designs or even current designs that are in the game and putting them on your pads and doing your own creating and branding... it's simple choose your pad... add the design of any team in the game or design and putting it wherever and resizing it and what not to your liking and then choosing your color instead of having a lame color palette which most of the time doesn't let us be fully creative since it's limited to their options
  • Not to mention the fact it would actually give EA some competition again. Let's face it although they try to add features to EA and there have been improvements to goalies, they get away with bad QA because they have no competition in the hockey market anymore. People stopped buying the 2K hockey games because they went the fun route, EA when the realistic route and at the time started making the better hockey game to the point 2K stopped selling it.

Now with NBA being the best basketball game around and improving year after year you can imagine how good a hockey game would be, and even if it wasn't it would at least make EA put more effort into QA and stuff.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Let's face the truth, 2K Sports shot themselves in their own damn foot with their NHL title. They had something really wonderful going with NHL 2K5 until NHL 2K8... And then they threw it all away to go the EA route. But that's neither here nor there.

NHL 17 by EA Sports is the only thing we have now and right now, it's really a mixed bag. On the one hand the game has some great moments when played like a real hockey game. While on the other, it tends to cater to the more common denominator average knucklehead who's idea of "hockey" is: dangle, shot, roofie, celly (in that order exclusively).

The real problem?

Skating Speed/Acceleration Sliders
    1. preset 3 - 65/65
    2. preset 4 - 50/50

Skating Impact
    1. preset 3 - 0/0
    2. preset 4 - 45/45

Board Effect Puck Carrier
    1. preset 3 - 0/0
    2. preset 4 - 50/50

"Preset 3" is the default settings for all online modes which include HUT, Draft Champs, VS and, more importantly, EASHL Club and Drop-in games. Skating Speed/Acceleration is self explanatory and for those that claim the game online is "too slow", you can shut your dumb mouths...

Skating Impact governs the impact taking tight turns and quick maneuvers have on puck control and pass/shot accuracy, while Board Effect Puck Carrier is responsible for how the puck carrier is affected by skating near or into the boards. Now my question is: WHY OH WHY DID EA SEE FIT TO PUT BOTH THESE SLIDERS AT ZERO FOR ONLINE COMPETITIVE PLAY???

If people want to know why the game plays the way it does currently, that's the reason why... The game is not "broken", EA is allowing it to play this way.
  • Kinvarus wrote: »
    Not to mention the fact it would actually give EA some competition again. Let's face it although they try to add features to EA and there have been improvements to goalies, they get away with bad QA because they have no competition in the hockey market anymore. People stopped buying the 2K hockey games because they went the fun route, EA when the realistic route and at the time started making the better hockey game to the point 2K stopped selling it.

Now with NBA being the best basketball game around and improving year after year you can imagine how good a hockey game would be, and even if it wasn't it would at least make EA put more effort into QA and stuff.

2K's biggest mistake was releasing their last hockey game as a Wii exclusive... Smart move wouldn't you say?
  • HipNotiiCx
    97 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    See, I agree that 2k5-7 were the glory years, but if you went slider happy on 2k8-10, I thought I got a more realistic feeling out the game. Something with their AI just felt more organic. It felt like they were always moving, reacting to stuff, and the goal variety was 100x better than the EA money shot garbage that still exists. I loved 2K's arena visuals. I thought their player size to ice ratio felt bigger. The ice felt more crowded which was a good thing. They just did not have a lot of polish on the graphics, which I know lost a lot of people. Also, out of the box, EA was better in the 2K8-10 era, but like i said, with sliders the offline 2K play was heads and tails better imo.

I honestly just wish they'd come back because I had 2k for offline and EA for online. Best of both worlds. Now, just have the boring, stand still EA AI, who don't react at all, the CPU gets superpowers because the dev team can't program challenging AI, and the CPU strategies are always the same. No variety. It is simply a yawn fest.