EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Why is there so much wrong with this game?

1: Create a Team jerseys dont stick in the crowd, they just wear generic cut jerseys with your colours, ruining immersion

2: You cant set nothing as your play by play name, but you can set something stupid like "Dangle" ruining immersion. Thank god they have the team name "Neutral Zone Trap" in the game

3: You cant edit national team, or Free Agent players. Meaning you have to assign them to a team first, THEN edit them

4: Female players are called he, not a big one, but FIFA can do it...

5: You cant trade players to Custom Teams. Meaning you cant eliminate duplicates when subbing into the NHL. Unless you trade those players to random other teams, which ruins those teams for other modes while using that roster.

6: I have to UNLOCK Black Stick tape in EASHL? I Cant wear Skates that I myself own? Come on

7: Why cant I remove my Alternate jersey if I dont want to make one? I have to see it whenever I scroll the wrong way. Small complaint. however I also have to "See" it in the crowds. Of course I would, if the crowds were working right

8: Why the actual **** cant I rename my rosters? I have 3 right now. Its really hard for me to remember which one is which.

This game is great, but theres so many small **** bugs going on that really take me out of it. All the tools are there, just make them work right.

Replies

• ... so how you liking NHL 17 bro? :D
  • Why is RON or RONALD not available as a play by play name still?
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Why is RON or RONALD not available as a play by play name still?

Because he is a clown at McDonald's :wink:
  • Animal1138 wrote: »
    1: Create a Team jerseys dont stick in the crowd, they just wear generic cut jerseys with your colours, ruining immersion

2: You cant set nothing as your play by play name, but you can set something stupid like "Dangle" ruining immersion. Thank god they have the team name "Neutral Zone Trap" in the game

3: You cant edit national team, or Free Agent players. Meaning you have to assign them to a team first, THEN edit them

4: Female players are called he, not a big one, but FIFA can do it...

5: You cant trade players to Custom Teams. Meaning you cant eliminate duplicates when subbing into the NHL. Unless you trade those players to random other teams, which ruins those teams for other modes while using that roster.

6: I have to UNLOCK Black Stick tape in EASHL? I Cant wear Skates that I myself own? Come on

7: Why cant I remove my Alternate jersey if I dont want to make one? I have to see it whenever I scroll the wrong way. Small complaint. however I also have to "See" it in the crowds. Of course I would, if the crowds were working right

8: Why the actual **** cant I rename my rosters? I have 3 right now. Its really hard for me to remember which one is which.

This game is great, but theres so many small **** bugs going on that really take me out of it. All the tools are there, just make them work right.

Amazing post. However, you can set your team play by play to "none". Scroll past the numbers and you'll see a "*" category. In there you'll find "none".

To add to the list, how lazy is the jersey creator? I mean, seriously! Why is there one color zone for a shoulder stripe, and two HUGE stripes on the waist!? I don't get why every stripe doesn't have it's on zone? Would it takw a tad longer? Yes, but then we'd actually get to create jerseys the way we want, rather than being forced into the "good enough" teritory, because of an absolutely stupid pairing of color zones.

There's just so many small things wrong with customization, that it actually makes it a big thing.
  • Don't even get me started on the Goalie pads colour editor... :/
    Don't even get me started on the Goalie pads colour editor... :/

Dudeeeee, I feel you. Being a goalie in real life, it drives me absolutely crazy! Why can we not at least put a custom color on a goalie mask!? Is that too much to ask for!? Been asking for one small thing like that for years now!
  • Unfortunatly the above only works for Team Names

Player names are still left out to drive. I wish EA would say something. At least tell of if its going to be patched, or if theres a work around
  • Yeah, Venom I hear ya man on the colours. I'd like them to name the areas, like "lower piping" "arm piping" "torso main" etc...instead of having to play the guessing game when designing jerseys...and for the love of god...please bring back the "favourite colour" pallet. I always just default to U of O green gold and black but still
    "Tell me all about it Ted, every detail, dot every comma"- Tug Benson
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Dudeeeee, I feel you. Being a goalie in real life, it drives me absolutely crazy! Why can we not at least put a custom color on a goalie mask!? Is that too much to ask for!? Been asking for one small thing like that for years now!

Thats never been in the game has it ?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »

Thats never been in the game has it ?

Sadly...no. But the preset masks from like 2004 through 07 I think were cool...the designs were at least neat looking
    "Tell me all about it Ted, every detail, dot every comma"- Tug Benson
  • All these things really need to be fixed
  • For the last 8 years it has never been fixed: The Tampa Bay Lightning have this weird looking number “4” since NHL 12 and for the official NHL games for me its unforgivable to have such errors for this long without ever seeing it...