EA Forums - Banner

How is it the beta is better than the actual released game?

Replies

  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    I also forgot about this one, your lines not changing on the fly. At least a dozen games now where my defense or forwards are literally completely drained and will not get off the ice. Only if there is a whistle
    Change your own lines then, eh bud? o:)
    Sounds like you are just bad to be honest.

    So if auto line changes don't work, you suggest manual line changes instead of acknowledging that there could be a problem???

    Wish there were thousands of users like you on the forums. Your help is beyond calculating its worth.
    In this case that is the best help this guy can get. Changing your own lines gives you a noticeable advantage in 1v1 game modes against someone who doesn't. That is part of the skill gap in the game. Skill gaps are good.

    The only thing making auto line changes better would do is lower the skill gap, eh bud? o:) If someone is too lazy to give themselves this advantage then that is their fault.
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    I also forgot about this one, your lines not changing on the fly. At least a dozen games now where my defense or forwards are literally completely drained and will not get off the ice. Only if there is a whistle
    Change your own lines then, eh bud? o:)
    Sounds like you are just bad to be honest.


    I do change my own lines, I change my own straighties and everything. Still doesn't mean they get off the ice when I change them. Eh bud
    This is a lie. The players skate directly to the bench whenever you change lines, no matter what is happening and no matter where the puck is. Changing them after the whistle doesn't count, eh bud? :D
  • But they don't, I have proof with multiple videos. And changing them when the play is dead is the only time they change that very moment. I'm not aruging with you, because what's the point
  • But they don't, I have proof with multiple videos. And changing them when the play is dead is the only time they change that very moment. I'm not aruging with you, because what's the point
    Well it wouldn't be much of an argument if you provided video now would it.. Your players will skate right to the bench if you change on the fly, it has been like that for years and it still is.
  • Getting a video now. I have to upload it to YouTube but I'll post it when it's done


  • Here, as the video starts (im in instant replay mode as I couldn't do this on the fly) I click to change to line 4, my top line is out. I have the puck with kessel, skate past the bench to show line 4 is waiting to get on. But my other line mates will not get off, Gaudreau and McDavid


  • Here's a video that should work
  • RazorRamon709
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    its not the best video but I know I'm right, I know it doesn't do what you say. When you click to change to a different line they don't all skate towards the bench . I just did it again, I started the period with line 1, changed to 2, and they didn't rush to the bench like in previous NHL games. When they pass it they change but not instantly like your saying
    Post edited by RazorRamon709 on
  • Going to man up and admit I was wrong, I used to click circle once and it would show up line 2, when line 1 on. I didn't press circle again to actually change it myself. MY BAD EH BUD! Lol
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    I also forgot about this one, your lines not changing on the fly. At least a dozen games now where my defense or forwards are literally completely drained and will not get off the ice. Only if there is a whistle
    Change your own lines then, eh bud? o:)
    Sounds like you are just bad to be honest.


    I do change my own lines, I change my own straighties and everything. Still doesn't mean they get off the ice when I change them. Eh bud

    Don't bother replying to him... Just report him. Mods said no more personal attacks or they'd ban people. Let's see if that's true...
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Workin_OT wrote: »
    I also forgot about this one, your lines not changing on the fly. At least a dozen games now where my defense or forwards are literally completely drained and will not get off the ice. Only if there is a whistle
    Change your own lines then, eh bud? o:)
    Sounds like you are just bad to be honest.

    I manually line change my guys and go around the horn to make sure it acknowledges the change but Hoffman decided he would play till the next whistle despite line changing 3 times before then. Bugs happen, eh bud?
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on
  • COGSx86
    781 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    do people not realize, its just because you play more, that over time you change the way you play so the game feels different ?

    EA really didnt change that much, we should get the sticky from the other forums for the patch notes. It was very minimal and definitely not noticeable other then stick tie ups.

    But EA did change things. Just look at the summary of changes that were made with the 1st patch/tuner update. There were many gameplay changes that occurred and it affected other aspects of the game, in some cases for the worse.

    And yet you casually throw these facts aside and tell people "just git gud"... That's why people are giving you such a hard time. You said you're usually a pretty reasonable guy, but in all your 42 posts here we've only seen you be anything BUT reasonable.

    I seriously have not once said "just git gud". Please dont put words in my mouth.

    In the old patch notes, humans goalies, and stick tie ups were really the only gameplay changes, that would of had any noticeable effect.

    As to those 2 things, they were very small and would not make or break the game or really be that noticeable just for some fine tuning. Especially considering people havent started to use the stick tie ups ( I use it all the time and its awesome, when used properly)

    Besides with the fixes from the patch, you wanna reverse all those ? Come on now. The patch made the game better!
    Post edited by COGSx86 on
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Going to man up and admit I was wrong, I used to click circle once and it would show up line 2, when line 1 on. I didn't press circle again to actually change it myself. MY BAD EH BUD! Lol
    Atta boy, eh bud? Takes a man to admit they were wrong. Now take your new found knowledge and prosper out on the virtual ice. B)
  • Will do! However, the game still needs a lot of fixing, that was just one issue I was having haha
  • The reason people don't use the stick or body tie ups is because they're not consistent and you + your opponent need to be virtually immobile, which doesn't happen very often in this game. I use it all the time when I play d-man during EASHL Club games, but outside of that there's virtually no use for it.
    COGSx86 wrote: »

    In the old patch notes, humans goalies, and stick tie ups were really the only gameplay changes, that would of had any noticeable effect.

    As to those 2 things, they were very small and would not make or break the game or really be that noticeable just for some fine tuning. Especially considering people havent started to use the stick tie ups ( I use it all the time and its awesome, when used properly)

    Besides with the fixes from the patch, you wanna reverse all those ? Come on now. The patch made the game better!

    only 2 things?

    http://www.operationsports.com/features/2580/nhl-17-patch-notes/

    There are dozens of things that affected the gameplay in that list...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    The reason people don't use the stick or body tie ups is because they're not consistent and you + your opponent need to be virtually immobile, which doesn't happen very often in this game. I use it all the time when I play d-man during EASHL Club games, but outside of that there's virtually no use for it.
    COGSx86 wrote: »

    In the old patch notes, humans goalies, and stick tie ups were really the only gameplay changes, that would of had any noticeable effect.

    As to those 2 things, they were very small and would not make or break the game or really be that noticeable just for some fine tuning. Especially considering people havent started to use the stick tie ups ( I use it all the time and its awesome, when used properly)

    Besides with the fixes from the patch, you wanna reverse all those ? Come on now. The patch made the game better!

    only 2 things?

    http://www.operationsports.com/features/2580/nhl-17-patch-notes/

    There are dozens of things that affected the gameplay in that list...

    +1

  • COGSx86
    781 posts Member
    edited September 2016

    "Besides with the fixes from the patch, you wanna reverse all those ? Come on now. The patch made the game better!"

    Just think 50k + (ps4 +one) and there is literally 10 people max on the forums wanting it to change.

    Lets talk realistically about the patch, what specific things in the patch would you want reversed ? And lets see the evidence of the change and how it relates to the game now.



    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    The reason people don't use the stick or body tie ups is because they're not consistent and you + your opponent need to be virtually immobile, which doesn't happen very often in this game. I use it all the time when I play d-man during EASHL Club games, but outside of that there's virtually no use for it.

    I agree that the body block tie-up (Y or triangle tie-up) is useless, I can never seem to get it to work, but stick tie-up I use all the time, no one ever sticks around my net when I'm on defense and it makes it much harder for the other team to get a good one timer/cross crease shot. I just stick on them and as soon as they stop I tie them up and then chase them again staying between them and the puck.

    I think stick tie up works great. Body tie up is useless though, it's like board playing people, only the AI can seem to do it consistently.

  • 10 people max? My God, man. If you were actually good at 6s, you'd find a whole community begging to differ...Air a little thin up there?
  • "In the old patch notes, humans goalies, and stick tie ups were really the only gameplay changes, that would of had any noticeable effect.
    As to those 2 things, they were very small and would not make or break the game or really be that noticeable just for some fine tuning. "

    You are sitting there telling a community of human goalies a load of malarkey. We all know it. Who else is going to read this - its boring goalie stuff? I don't know who you think is reading this that is so out of touch with the game that they would believe you but its practically an insult.
    Say hello to the ignore list. You are nothing more than a distraction.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!