EA Forums - Banner

How is it the beta is better than the actual released game?

13Next

Replies

• Lets talk realistically about the patch, what specific things in the patch would you want reversed ? And lets see the evidence of the change and how it relates to the game now.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    sleepyT wrote: »
    Say hello to the ignore list. You are nothing more than a distraction.

There's an IGNORE feature on these forums?? WHERE?!??
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Account options on the top right of the screen. Select Edit Profile and you will see an IGNORE function on the right side of the screen. You can ignore up to 5 people at a time.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why they made so many adjustments prior to release when the game was pretty much near perfect IMO. Some minor things needed to be tuned a little. We need a stick lift to counter the brutal hold right stick out when you have the puck to make your guy invincible to hits and poke checks. It needs to be patched ASAP. So many situations when a stick lift would be the perfect play but instead i pokecheck and get a tripping penalty. I've recently began just putting my player in front of the opponents stick in hope that it hits my skate and he loses it. It's ridiculous and it needs to be changed.

The problem is in the Presets EA is using for online games:

Skating Speed/Acceleration Sliders
    1. preset 3 - 65/65
    2. preset 4 - 50/50

Skating Impact
    1. preset 3 - 0/0
    2. preset 4 - 45/45

Board Effect Puck Carrier
    1. preset 3 - 0/0
    2. preset 4 - 50/50

Preset 3 is what they're using for "competitive" online games. I'd like to hear WHY they decided that ZERO skating impact and ZERO board effect needs to be used for online games. Couldn't they have made it like 15 or 20 for online? Not exactly sim, but hardly 100% arcade nonsense like it is now...

Do any of the Sliders outside of HUT change anything in HUT? I asked EA and they said no they don't. everyone plays with the same sliders.

HUT = Kickass Gaming
    PSN = MastaDamage
  • Yes, but everyone plays with the same BROKEN sliders. Putting skating impact @ zero means that you can duck & weave all over the ice and get no penalty in shooting, passing or puck control. Putting board effect on ZERO means that players can slam into the boards at full speed and bounce away retaining the puck instead of losing it (as a normal player WOULD). Also dragging the puck along the boards doesn't affect passing or shooting in the least.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Account options on the top right of the screen. Select Edit Profile and you will see an IGNORE function on the right side of the screen. You can ignore up to 5 people at a time.

HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD!!

See ya FROTHING_OT!! See ya MISSINGCOGSx86!

EDIT: Ooooooooh... These forums just became 1000% better! :smiley:

• Funny people will ignore you, when you dont agree with them and want to start a constructive conversation
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Yes, but everyone plays with the same BROKEN sliders. Putting skating impact @ zero means that you can duck & weave all over the ice and get no penalty in shooting, passing or puck control. Putting board effect on ZERO means that players can slam into the boards at full speed and bounce away retaining the puck instead of losing it (as a normal player WOULD). Also dragging the puck along the boards doesn't affect passing or shooting in the least.

And who told you that? All that means is you aren't losing the puck from skating. Puck control effects things you mentioned.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Umh... simple logic? The dev has already told us, several times, that shooting accuracy (and passing accuracy) can be directly influenced by you "gliding" with the puck before you shoot or pass. Gliding enhances your puck control.

Still not convinced? Put the game on Preset 4 and try to skate around with the puck like you would on Preset 3. Did you lose the puck? Wouldn't that mean that PUCK CONTROL was lowered as you skated around like a ballerina?

Starting to see the correlation?