EA Forums - Banner

Never been this bad at any video game-What am I doing wrong?

For starters I can't win faceoffs 0,5% winning percentage , outscored by at least seven goals each time,0,3 goals per game, game record 5-55,My players skate around like Bambi on ice or like chicken with their heads cut off.Every time I get the puck in the offensive zone my team decides to change lines, there is Always one or more players apart from the one I am controlling going for the puck,kind of like pee wees.Of course my opponents always play like they had 5 Crosbys on their team doing perfect checks and poke checks.What am I doing wrong because nothing works for me. I forgot to mention that this when I play HUT online.

Replies

• Are you from Europe? I ask because how you use a comma instead of a period in 0.5% and 0.3 goals per game. If you are from Europe that is probably the issue, especially when it comes to faceoffs. You're probably playing against someone with a better connection, possibly in North America.

That would explain why you find it so hard to play against others as well, it isn't easy to win when you're ping is 55ms+ against some who is under 20ms.
  • Sounds about right. Connection must be muddy rink ice!!
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Are you from Europe? I ask because how you use a comma instead of a period in 0.5% and 0.3 goals per game. If you are from Europe that is probably the issue, especially when it comes to faceoffs. You're probably playing against someone with a better connection, possibly in North America.

That would explain why you find it so hard to play against others as well, it isn't easy to win when you're ping is 55ms+ against some who is under 20ms.

I'm from Michigan here, and the traceroute to EASO.EA.COM always shows anywhere from 60-75ms (and I have a lot of issues online) HOWEVER, my network performance meter in game has shown as low as 20ms before, and that doesn't always translate to good game-play either.
  • Hold backhand and twitch it all over the ice. Hold Protect puck while spinning in the corners.

You're welcome.
  • ^^^^He's right you know^^^^^^

No he isn't...lol

Yes you can get away with some things, but for the most part you cannot just deke/protect/glide your way through the offensive zone like you could last year.

People need to unlearn their habits they are used to from the past few years...
  • Yeah I've run into a few guys who try that...its hilarious watching them get absolutely demolished. Then rage quitting
  • May I interject here and say how refreshing it is to hear this angle and not "holy crap the game is broken... its not me its the game!!"

Kudos to the OP
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Hope this helps with face-offs

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Hope this helps with face-offs

bookmarking this - nice vid!
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

No he isn't...lol

Yes you can get away with some things, but for the most part you cannot just deke/protect/glide your way through the offensive zone like you could last year.

People need to unlearn their habits they are used to from the past few years...

I agree that it isn't like last year but it still happens way more than it should. I always say that if EA could figure out the lag/delay issue then they would probably clear up A LOT of problems that the game shows frequently.

There are still MANY games this year where one team can do a "light rub" to destroy their opponent, and then the other team can line up perfect-angle hits and just watch their opponent keep skating like nobody was even there. You can see your player doing the "checking animation" too, but nothing happens.