EA Forums - Banner

phantom penalties?

Got a couple game misconducts for "elbowing" yet when I watched the replay, no elbow to be found. Both hits had elbows tucked nicely in. Dont get me wrong...Ive had a couple that were FOR SURE elbows. Anyone else experience any phantom calls?

Replies

• Make it 3 in a row for elbowing without the elbow being up.
  • Elbowing is one of EAs biggest 🎃🎃🎃🎃 calls out there. You don't have any control of what your elbows are doing and, personally, it feels more like EA just trying to sway the game in one player's favor rather than making a legitimate call.
  • Also cross checking has been added I've gotten them almost right after scoring a goal ...
  • kanucks2525
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Elbowing is one of EAs biggest 🎃🎃🎃🎃 calls out there. You don't have any control of what your elbows are doing and, personally, it feels more like EA just trying to sway the game in one player's favor rather than making a legitimate call.

Yup. Elbowing, cross-checking and (in previous years when stick lift actually worked) broken stick slashing.

Just another one of those stupid randomness mechanics implemented to close the skill-gap.

That said, I personally haven't witnessed many of these types of penalties in 17 thus far.
  • See, I've felt like that with BAP...that there is def something at work with those. I also find it will go like this: Coach tells me to be a team player, I have more penalties called on me. Coach says "get your offense going", I start every shift in the defensive end and my AI teammates are completely 🎃🎃🎃🎃 and just throw passes back into defensive traffic, usually right to an opposition player. Online doesnt feel that way anymore thank god, but BAP frustrates me. Like I said though, I def had one or two that were massive elbows and deserved penalties.