EA Forums - Banner

Fighting

Has anyone noticed a change in the fighting? It feels like leaning doesn't block punches anymore and only dodging works.

A guy on my club noticed this too, he thinks maybe it has to do with your player class and strength on whether or not you can block punches by leaning now. I haven't fought enough to test that out though.

Replies

• Well, I can tell you, when fighting AI in BAP it def feels stacked against you. So many times I'll have the guy down to the barely visible sliver of health, with over 3/4 remaining myself...and one of two things will happen: He will either somehow dodge my punches, or connect with 20 in a row to KO me, or, he will suddenly one punch me and Im down. The latter I think is a bug. But no...it feels almost impossible to dodge/block now
  • perhaps you are aware of this - and forgive me if you are, but you can no longer hold the block button and expect to block. it is more of a "click and counter" type block.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    Well, I can tell you, when fighting AI in BAP it def feels stacked against you. So many times I'll have the guy down to the barely visible sliver of health, with over 3/4 remaining myself...and one of two things will happen: He will either somehow dodge my punches, or connect with 20 in a row to KO me, or, he will suddenly one punch me and Im down. The latter I think is a bug. But no...it feels almost impossible to dodge/block now

Yeah I've seen the guy on my team get one punched a few times as well. The fighting feels more like just spamming punches now, both people throwing punches as fast as they can until one goes down, the strategy is gone.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    perhaps you are aware of this - and forgive me if you are, but you can no longer hold the block button and expect to block. it is more of a "click and counter" type block.

Yeah I'm aware, thats what I was trying to explain in my original post. It's hard to consistently dodge when online because lag varies game to game, sometimes I can dodge most punches, other times I just get pummled trying to dodge and it not working. I've been seeing more and more fights just being slugfests where both players just mash straight punches, feels like Nhl 96 again.
  • Think it was done intentionally perhaps. Not being able to lean and dodge 99% of punches while leaning speeds up the games a little more. Perhaps that's the logic behind it.
  • If they wanted to speed up games they could give us the ability to skip goalie interference replays and high sticking replays, who needs to see 3 different bad angle replays of a goalie interference that we all know won't be a goal lol at least fighting is entertaining to watch, in club anyway.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    If they wanted to speed up games they could give us the ability to skip goalie interference replays and high sticking replays, who needs to see 3 different bad angle replays of a goalie interference that we all know won't be a goal lol at least fighting is entertaining to watch, in club anyway.

LOL the Goalie Interference replays are pure comedy. Okay the high sticks and kicks I get, we can kind of talk amongst ourselves while the replays are showing. But the goalie interference one... there's nothing that can be done about it at all. Ref called GI, move on, lets go. 3 replays is way too many. Totally agree on removing them as a waste of time.
  • Giving this a bump since devs are around on the forums now.
  • I don't like the new fighting at all. It's way more fun to push, pull, dodge, counter then it is to just keep hitting RS up over and over again. In EASHL if you don't constantly hit up on RS you aren't winning the fight.
  • WRX02227 wrote: »
    I don't like the new fighting at all. It's way more fun to push, pull, dodge, counter then it is to just keep hitting RS up over and over again. In EASHL if you don't constantly hit up on RS you aren't winning the fight.

Exactly, you can try for a dodge but if you miss it you're done. Fighting is just mashing RS up like you said