EA Forums - Banner

This game really isnt worth playing

Theres so many errors and bugs in places that make it really hard to commit to. I dont want to play Be a Pro, because I have to go by some dumb name other than my own, since I cant set my play by play to none. I dont want to create any teams because the crowd doesnt wear their jerseys, just random generics with somewhat the same colours. I dont want to play Franchise because of a glitch that sets all fights to "none", removes captains, and any created players I make have to go by dumb names once again. All while weird glitches happen, like sticks floating in scrums, players going into the game naked, created players jerseys being reverse

This game is an unpollished mess. Its not even bad, but theres so much about it that EA is just ignoring, and I dont see a fix coming to all of it, because of course it isnt

Replies

• Lol glad I don't play offline, I haven't seen any bugs yet online, besides the broken stick lift, but thats it.
  • Do you have any screenshots or recorded clips of some of these bugs? Most of them I've never heard of, but if you can provide some more details and context, the developers will be better able to replicate and correct the issue in the studio.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
  • I've heard of a couple of them and see then, in Be A Pro for example I go with Roberts which is closest to my first name, it's not as bad as NBA's My Career the last 2 which which gave you Frequency Vibrations "Freq" Last year and The President "Prez" This year, so it could be worse.

The Captain's bug though is one I have seen in Be A Pro nothing like going into a game and seeing Tarvares, McDonagh, Ovi, Crosby and Stamkos etc all as Alternate Captains because apparently Captain's don't exist anymore.

However the naming thing has been something that's been a factor for years, same with a few others which you should know by now, as for the glitches, patches take time to fix and release, give it time and they'll probably be fixed. If you really hate it then either stop playing and wait for patches to come out and see if they fix it all or sell it and move on. It sucks but we're all in the same boat for now, I at least will wait for the patches to come out before I abandon the game.
  • http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WEDGESKYWALKER/video/21877504

Heres a clip of a naked goalie, ive reported that bug in the support section

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WEDGESKYWALKER/video/21877216

Heres a clip of a double fight (Dont you dare fix that), you can see in the first frame a dude wearing a white jersey that is not any of mine (My alternate is a copy of my home jersey because I couldnt remove it). You would be able to see blue shoulders. Next to him is a dude wearing the same jersey but in blue. He has black shoulders, but he also has a black horizontal stripe, which is not featured on any of my jerseys.

I cant take screenshots, but you're going to have to trust me on the floating sticks. happens in all modes

The captaincy bug and the fighting bug have been documented on this page somewhere.

And the reversed created player jersey isnt replicatable for me. It was only in game play, not instant replay, and I havnt seen it in a while

As for the Play by play thing... that should be pretty self explanatory, theres no option for "None", "Null", "Number" or "Jersey Number". Which is pretty embarrassing because Fifa 17 has it, and so did literally every single other NHL game to date. and to be quite honest, this is my highest priority. I dont want to commit to creating a team to play as in Franchise mode if my players come out all named "Devil" or "Kovalchuk" or "Orlov" or "Leopold"
  • Well I don't think this game is buggy... played online and off line with no problems. Truth be told though, I'm kind of board with this game already. I don't really have the drive to play this right now... in fact I'd rather play Fifa right now. I haven't been all into the NHL games since the PS3 era and I still think those games were way better.
  • Here's a question who here is playing on XB1 and who on PS4? Watching Animal's vids and reading others that haven't seen some of the issues, is it happening on both? I play on PS4 and I've never seen the naked goalie bug, I've heard about naked players and goalies but I think they were both on Xbox at least the ones I'd seen anyway, has anyone on PS4 also had the issue?
  • Im not bored with it, I would just have a lot more fun if I didnt have to stop and sigh every other game from experience a bug of some kind stopping me from playing a game mode I want to play
  • Offline modes has gotten worse in NHL over the years, oh I know why... Ultimate Team.

Now go buy some more packs.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    This is the first version of nhl I've actually shelved within a week of release. The game is such a chore to play and they lessened the skill gap even more from nhl 16 which I didn't think was possible. 6v6 is absolutely the only way you can enjoy this game but unfortunately that's not an option for everybody and it **** that it's the only option you have to enjoy the game

Is this the same "Assisted" from the old forums that would sometimes Twitch stream his games? I'm only asking because if you're the same person, I know you're also very good at the 1v1 modes and it further validates my assessment of the game which is exactly the same as yours.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    CrushNHL wrote: »
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    This is the first version of nhl I've actually shelved within a week of release. The game is such a chore to play and they lessened the skill gap even more from nhl 16 which I didn't think was possible. 6v6 is absolutely the only way you can enjoy this game but unfortunately that's not an option for everybody and it **** that it's the only option you have to enjoy the game

Is this the same "Assisted" from the old forums that would sometimes Twitch stream his games? I'm only asking because if you're the same person, I know you're also very good at the 1v1 modes and it further validates my assessment of the game which is exactly the same as yours.

Ya that's me. I can't even play the game now it's gotten to the point where I'm not going through another year of the game feeling like I'm playing the ai more then a human when playing online. Not to mention the amount of weak goals going in while high quality chances get denied like nothing just ruins it for me. It's not even that I'm not winning either, I'm at 36-3 yet after 2 games in a row I'm just done haha. Thinking I'm gunna try Destiny since a bunch of my club members have already given up on nhl and started playing that

Yup, play like 4 1v1 games and its just playing the AI the entire time. Everyone just controls the guy furthest from the puck and they let the AI take control all game, so dumb. Then you make 4 threaded passes for a wide open one timer and the goalie dives across the net to make a save. But dont worry your opponent will skate into your team and fumble the puck 3 times and then shoot it on accident because he didnt know he had it and itll go in.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I find the warp in BAP nigh game breaking. I'll go in for a hit or board pin and the guy will, with no animation, zip up the boards away from me...annoying ****...especially when they then run up the ice and score
    Post edited by trw1987 on