EA Forums - Banner

Franchise Relocation Question

When you relocate a team do you switch conferences/divisions as well or is it just a glorified name change? I'd like to start a franchise mode with Carolina (East) and move them to Portland (West) but if it's really just a name change and they're not going to end up in the Pacific division then I'll choose a team I don't want to relocate. I'm just waiting for an opening day roster update before I begin (which I will have to completely redo myself anyway).
Visit my NHL/Bruins blog: BostonPucks.com

Replies

• D19Box wrote: »
    When you relocate a team do you switch conferences/divisions as well or is it just a glorified name change? I'd like to start a franchise mode with Carolina (East) and move them to Portland (West) but if it's really just a name change and they're not going to end up in the Pacific division then I'll choose a team I don't want to relocate. I'm just waiting for an opening day roster update before I begin (which I will have to completely redo myself anyway).

It is just a name change, but it is really really cool. I moved Columbus to Kansas City and had a blast customizing my jerseys and arena. Just keep Carolina in the East, that or use another young team like Arizona and move them to Portland.