EA Forums - Banner

Be a pro attributes

Brandon-asdf
23 posts Member
edited September 2016
I am a huge fan of the Be A Pro game mode but these last few years have had their problems. I feel you should have more freedom when it comes to attributes, it is offline after all. Maybe at the start of you BAP career be able to set where u want your stats, for example I don't have to spend my first few years only off ice training my speed/acceleration I could just make my skater start with 88 speed.Also It seems there is not enough things in the game play that help you build your speed up. I believe it is just beating out an icing call.
Post edited by Brandon-asdf on

Replies

• Sgt_Kelso
    1291 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Last year speed & acceleration was rather futile, since raising them didn't seem to have any effect. Moreover, on the harder difficulties the AI players just zip by you, even skating backwards. So it was frustrating to say the least.

I've only started BaP this year, but training these two SEEMS to have at least a little effect. But like you say, nothing seems to raise them during the game. I haven't tried beating icing call. Your AI doesn't really do such passes because the opposing AI has supernatural puck control and caches most passes anyways,
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Last year speed & acceleration was rather futile, since raising them didn't seem to have any effect. Moreover, on the harder difficulties the AI players just zip by you, even skating backwards. So it was frustrating to say the least.

I've only started BaP this year, but training these two SEEMS to have at least a little effect. But like you say, nothing seems to raise them during the game. I haven't tried beating icing call. Your AI doesn't really do such passes because the opposing AI has supernatural puck control and caches most passes anyways,

I have noticed on the rush from going to 80 speed to about 88 speed really allows you to beat the defense back. It was also like that on 16. I just seemed my first few years because I can't stand playing with a slow player.
  • For most of the previous years speed and acceleration were purely aesthetic numbers as they didnt seem to work. There was that magic spot though, I found between 80-86 that you could blow by anyone
  • Either way I think in BAP you should be able to choose what stats you start with. If u want to have skills like mcdavid to start your rookie career you should be able to.
  • Same with the goalies, I do not know why they let you start with a 69/70 overall stat and yet start in the NHL those stats never work as a goalie against the 80/90's of NHL shooters.
  • You start so low because they want you to start in the CHL, after a year in the minors you should be a 78+ pending on how well you preform
  • Oilersguru wrote: »
    You start so low because they want you to start in the CHL, after a year in the minors you should be a 78+ pending on how well you preform

A game should not be how they want you to play it should be how you want to play. And if that is what u are suppose to have when u get to nhl,then that's what u should be at when you start in nhl. Having an option to choose what you start with for stats would not effect anyone but the you.
  • Kinvarus
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Yeah but it's only goalies, I usually play on All-Star and I start as a Forward, be it Center playermaker, Left Wing Sniper or D man my 70 overall can hang with the big boys, goalie not a chance until like you said you hit 78-80+ or more overall.

In which case like Brandon said if you're meant to be 78 overall then as the game knows you selected pick an NHL team, it already knows you aren't playing in the CHL so it should give you stats to reflect that and if they really want you to start in the CHL then don't give us the option to start in the NHL, either way it's not that hard to implement.
  • LeafsandBlues
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I've been saying this to everyone. It's an offline mode so no one can complain about you being so over powered but yet you pretty much have no freedom in regards to what things you're upgrading. Also how can Eichel go from a 75 last year to an 88 but I score 80 goals in the chl as a 72 finishes as a 75 get drafted 10th overall because I wasn't impressive enough then score 60 goals in my rookie season with 70 assists win every award I can and start the next season as a 78. No disrespect to Eichel or McDavid both are great but I'd like to see them have a season like that. Another thing you better play every single game till you get bored or you won't get any points because you simmer and you're an idiot for not wanting to play all 82 games from 1st period to 20 minutes into the 3rd every game winning 14 - 6 because the ai is so bad you can increase all the goalie sliders and decrease all the sliders for your team but your teammates still score non stop. After all that you can't get bored because that would be unethical since all games in the nhl usually have 20 goals in each game. So after all that if you did everything right you should want to to do it again because you're gonna waste your life trying to become a 99. That goal of being 99 is only attainable by doing exactly what I said. Very few have the patience to score 1000 goals by your 10th year and remain an 85 overall. In the end you'd better get your hopes up for the next game because it comes out in a week and this time it's gonna be different than the last time cause you wouldn't want to be brainwashed into devoting your life to get a decent rating in nhl 18.
    Post edited by LeafsandBlues on
  • I've been saying this to everyone. It's an offline mode so no one can complain about you being so over powered but yet you pretty much have no freedom in regards to what things you're upgrading. Also how can Eichel go from a 75 last year to an 88 but I score 80 goals in the chl as a 72 finishes as a 75 get drafted 10th overall because I wasn't impressive enough then score 60 goals in my rookie season with 70 assists win every award I can and start the next season as a 78. No disrespect to Eichel or McDavid both are great but I'd like to see them have a season like that. Another thing you better play every single game till you get bored or you won't get any points because you simmer and you're an **** for not wanting to play all 82 games from 1st period to 20 minutes into the 3rd every game winning 14 - 6 because the ai is so bad you can increase all the goalie sliders and decrease all the sliders for your team but your teammates still score non stop. After all that you can't get bored because that would be unethical since all games in the nhl usually have 20 goals in each game. So after all that if you did everything right you should want to to do it again because you're gonna waste your life trying to become a 99. That goal of being 99 is only attainable by doing exactly what I said. Very few have the patience to score 1000 goals by your 10th year and remain an 85 overall. In the end you'd better get your hopes up for the next game because it comes out in a week and this time it's gonna be different than the last time cause you wouldn't want to be brainwashed into devoting your life to get a decent rating in nhl 18.

I agree 100%
  • I had never problems developing my skills. I started as a playmaker center from CHL, Spokane Chiefs. During those two seasons my Be A Pro player developed from OVR 55 to OVR 85, drafted as 1st in the NHL draft. 11 NHL seasons later, I got an overall 98.