EA Forums - Banner

Overpowered sticks

13Next

Replies

• Consider yourself lucky that you can poke check, I have maybe 1 in 1000+ attempts at a poke check working, yet I get poke checked away from the puck all the time!
    HUT = Kickass Gaming
    PSN = MastaDamage
  • Consider yourself lucky that you can poke check, I have maybe 1 in 1000+ attempts at a poke check working, yet I get poke checked away from the puck all the time!

How can you be that bad at pokechecking in this game? I can poke pretty much anyone with an OFD. Not sure how you can be 1 in 1000.

a092503ca437e63bc75381f7c8f7622a.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • well seeing how poke checks are sometimes the only way to get the puck away from someone they need to be fixed. Seen tonight a guy coming in two on one protecting the puck. I poked the puck from him and it went to his other player ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ICE. It's basically like he passed it to him lol so many times I poke the puck away and it's basically a pass to his player. I have only played one game in two days and it's so upsetting. Hope a patch is soon,#BringBackTheBeta

I do see that often especially on the back check, but i also see the angle that i am poking and its logical. the D or backchecker on that side should be covering that man and it would goto him instead.
  • Hotjoint wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    well seeing how poke checks are sometimes the only way to get the puck away from someone they need to be fixed. Seen tonight a guy coming in two on one protecting the puck. I poked the puck from him and it went to his other player ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ICE. It's basically like he passed it to him lol so many times I poke the puck away and it's basically a pass to his player. I have only played one game in two days and it's so upsetting. Hope a patch is soon,#BringBackTheBeta

Yeah this is what I meant in my post, the physics are whack. Poke checks usually go in the direction of the nearest player on the same team, no matter which direction he is to the poking direction.

100% agreed. The puck physics in this game make no sense at all. I love it when you're backing up and the skater is coming in the with puck, you poke it and it should go behind the other player but it ends up going behind you. How is that even possible? The puck seems to find it way to the other teams players way too often when it should be nowhere near them. EA keeps boating about their improved luck psysics but its total garbage.

I've seen that a few times aswell. I assume its because the initial poke missed but while bringing the stick back it caught the puck bringin it towards me.

• strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    well seeing how poke checks are sometimes the only way to get the puck away from someone they need to be fixed. Seen tonight a guy coming in two on one protecting the puck. I poked the puck from him and it went to his other player ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ICE. It's basically like he passed it to him lol so many times I poke the puck away and it's basically a pass to his player. I have only played one game in two days and it's so upsetting. Hope a patch is soon,#BringBackTheBeta

Yeah this is what I meant in my post, the physics are whack. Poke checks usually go in the direction of the nearest player on the same team, no matter which direction he is to the poking direction.

So far my experience with it, its been going the direction i am facing and towards the puck. I try to position myself as a Dman so the poke is either a straight line for out of the zone. or about a 45degree angle to knock it to the boards. I try not to poke towards the net. If i poke it to the boards next thing i'm doing is going for the hit. Have not experienced any issues that weren't user error,except some unexpected bounces.

I think inside position is key to a good poke.

think i have maybe 10 more giveaways then takeaways, and those giveaways were easily preventable wih a bit more patience.