EA Forums - Banner

"NHL 17 Makes Me Mad" by Bacon Country

Replies

• I wonder how often he or others experience games like that. Probably half of my games are like that.
  • fza40 wrote: »
    I wonder how often he or others experience games like that. Probably half of my games are like that.
    Half would be a good night for me.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    When this fella yells in his fake radio voice, "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!"

That's an easy answer - kneel down. Don't hit poke check. Maybe.. tie up the pass receiver?

Also - all of his gripes are goals scored against him.

I'm not going to sit through the entire 10 minutes and listen to overzealous yelling that YouTube subscribers seem to love.. but I think it should be noted that he posts this after a loss that he's taking very poorly.

Honestly, wouldn't anybody who lost in that fashion take it pretty poorly? I know I would be a raging **** had that been me. There are just too many games where one team can super-protect all game long where the other team can't. I've been on both sides of things, and it doesn't appear to be a skill-gap thing either.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Even when winning we joke about how busted certain features are.
    Post edited by Youratv on
  • I agree with everything in that video except the AI part. There's one part where the guy he's going against is coming in one on one, if he didn't take control of the defense the other guy would of skated right on past him and the AI would just let it happen, it happens so many times for me and if I do take control of the defense he has to basically stop and turn around letting the other guy just cruise on past him. It's stupid lol
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »

all you do is come off as someone who clearly thinks WE are the problem and that the game is fine so long as we can 'adapt', You even went out of your way to argue that goalie changes cannot be easily patched in a game when in fact every single year is just a "patched' version of the preceding year.

I've never said this game is perfect. This game has it's issues, but they're brazenly overstated here in this community and I'd wager money that these issues would go unnoticed if everyone was winning

That's where you're wrong. Do you watch streams on twitch? Go watch some of the top streamers who are all in the top 100 on the online leaderboards and you'll hear pretty much the same thing from their mouths as you're seeing being typed here on the forums.

NugeTV, JERZNetwork, Realmiviens, Himoccio. Those are some of the top streamers on twitch for NHL 17 right now. There are more, but a lot of what is being said on these forums is echoed when they stream: "The AI is bad", "The goalies are bad", "Ragging the puck is again too easy", "It's too easy to score", "It's hard to defend correctly", "Physics don't make sense", "Game feels good, but too many bugs", etc.

Sound familiar? And these are people that are used to winning all of their matches... Yet they complain about these things as they're hammering the opponent 12-1...
  • Skill gap compression. Look it up. This is the answer to EAs sports games. This why the physics make sense one minute then not the other.
  • headup29 wrote: »
    Skill gap compression. Look it up. This is the answer to EAs sports games. This why the physics make sense one minute then not the other.

Skill gap compression, sounds a lot like momentum/tilt.
  • It's been present in all their recent hockey games. Along with the glitches and random stuff that doesn't make sense we just call it EA logic.
  • When ea asks can we get a video of that ...all they have to do is watch this video in 10 minutes it shows what is wrong with this game and what should be fixed
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    headup29 wrote: »
    Skill gap compression. Look it up. This is the answer to EAs sports games. This why the physics make sense one minute then not the other.

It's a strategy used in game development to create randomness to give weaker players a sense of success when they wouldn't be able to on their own.
  • headup29 wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    headup29 wrote: »

It's a strategy used in game development to create randomness to give weaker players a sense of success when they wouldn't be able to on their own.

Oh I've known something like this has been in the game for years, too many terrible teams able to compete with good ones, dominated all game and end up tying it up on a few terrible shots that have no business going in.
  • I play defense and 6 on 6 only, and I'm really enjoying NHL 17. I can actually knock people off the puck now and well timed pokes work decently. To me this game is so much better than NHL 16. I also love that I can adjust the pass assistance, because excessive auto aim in passes has been a gripe of mine since NHL 09. I have mine set to 73/100 and passing with the defensive defenseman feels just right. If EA can fix the stick lift to where it's useful but not as overpowered as in NHL 16, give goalies the promised ability to play as the extra attacker, and fix the occasional crashes where the game never starts and you need to restart it from the dashboard, I'll be very pleased with NHL 17. They've already won me back after NHL 15 (which I skipped altogether) and 16, at any rate.
  • #1 what am i suppose to do, kneel or lay down.
    #2 hit him.
    gave up after that, the way you drew that penalty needs to be removed from this game.

The AI is bad, play goalie position lock and you will see just how bad they can be. The can be good, but mostly pretty bad.
  • I think 15 was a good game to be defense in. It had it's issues but it i liked it. Prolly more than 16 or 17 so far.
  • I've actually got the game to play pretty good in Play Now with the sliders, can't do anything about the stick lifts and the stick on stick animation problems, but overall I still have fun with the game
  • Guy makes video highlighting very obvious issues with the game.

Git gud ea apologist crowd comes out of the woodwork and denounces obvious issues.

You can't possibly justify really any of the crap that happens in this video. Yeah let's kneel down on a rush or lay down causing yourself to be flat footed when you have a perfectly good hockey stick in your hand.
  • The battle in front of the net is broken, stick lift is broken, sometimes pick ups are broken, but he's playing Ultimate Team in his videos, you can tweak those things in play now.

• Puck pickup is very broken lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!