EA Forums - Banner

"NHL 17 Makes Me Mad" by Bacon Country

Replies

  • eric57664 wrote: »
    If it's trash, why are you playing it? Addictive personally? Or did you buy it just so you have something to do (whining about it on the forums)?
    Perhaps he forces himself to play it because he spent close to $100 and is trying to justify his purchase. Or maybe he just likes hockey and played the beta and really enjoyed experience so he decided to buy the retail version but when he started playing he realized the game was nothing like the beta and was unhappy with the **** that cost him close to $100 so he's voicing his displeasure.

    This x1000000. Beta was some of the best vid game hockey I've played in years. It swayed me to purchase it when I was contemplating not buying it. I have no idea why they feel the need to alter it so severely
  • nWoDust wrote: »
    My guess is the developers on this game have never laced up a pair of skates in their lives.

    I'd say most of them don't even follow hockey for that matter.

    If there was a Like button I'd be all over it on this post.
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I'll only respond to you once Cogs, and only because I was forced to read your reply even though I have you blocked:

    I got someone on ignore too and yet I still see quotes of that person. It's like riding the Greyhound bus and trying to ignore that teenage kid behind me but I still have to hear his ****.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    The thing I don't understand is that the game has always been overly skewed towards the offensive side of Hockey. It's always been about the dangles and the goals and the cellys, etc.

    So they finally added some much needed control to the defensive skater and the goalies to mitigate the unfair advantage the offense has had. And then they go an take things RIGHT BACK TO WHERE THEY WERE (or worse) by:

    - Making point shots more likely to go in
    - Deflections are hilariously accurate and rarely miss the target
    - One-timers are impossibly hard, fast and accurate even while the player is NOT set
    - Loose pucks consistently travel towards the back of the net in and around the crease area even when the PHYSICS of it don't make sense (look up the thread I created "Call it what you will... " )
    - Cross-grain shots from the high slot being ludicrously accurate, even when shot on the WRONG foot.
    - Sharp or BAD angle shots are always aimed perfectly and find their way to the back of the net, even when the goalie has positioning to stop them

    Why EA?

    Puck physics...does EA know what those are? I make my hay in hockey parked in front of the net. of the 59 goals Ive scored the last two seasons combined, know how many Ive scored on tip ins? Maybe 5? My point in support of you is that they are hilariously accurate. Blocked shots and passes, and poked pucks almost always return back to the player initially stripped of it...Oddly enough body checking is the exact same, they will often get up and pick the puck up for some reason quicker than the guy still on his feet...because he skated in circles like a **** for 5 seconds. Sometimes its basically like you didnt touch them, your player does the animation, takes the time to recover as if he hit someone...yet the player shrugs it off like nothing was there(size comes into play there a tad, I get that)
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    If it's trash, why are you playing it? Addictive personally? Or did you buy it just so you have something to do (whining about it on the forums)?
    Perhaps he forces himself to play it because he spent close to $100 and is trying to justify his purchase. Or maybe he just likes hockey and played the beta and really enjoyed experience so he decided to buy the retail version but when he started playing he realized the game was nothing like the beta and was unhappy with the **** that cost him close to $100 so he's voicing his displeasure.


    This is what happened to me 10000000%, I played it last night for the first time in days, against a computer tho. I actually can not handle playing online with this version of the game, it's a chore , they keep asking me what has changed from the beta on Facebook and so many little things. The easy goals, the defensive AI seem to be very dumb. Obviously the stick lift, I don't remember protecting the puck being sooooo overpowered in the beta, Where it's legit almost impossible to get a guy off the puck. I just don't get how they tested the patch and were fine with it and released it. Did they try it and be like "oh there we go guys, perfect" so many things make me think how and why did they do what they did to the final version and now no updates, no patch, no word on when a patch will be released.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    If it's trash, why are you playing it? Addictive personally? Or did you buy it just so you have something to do (whining about it on the forums)?
    Perhaps he forces himself to play it because he spent close to $100 and is trying to justify his purchase. Or maybe he just likes hockey and played the beta and really enjoyed experience so he decided to buy the retail version but when he started playing he realized the game was nothing like the beta and was unhappy with the **** that cost him close to $100 so he's voicing his displeasure.

    This x1000000. Beta was some of the best vid game hockey I've played in years. It swayed me to purchase it when I was contemplating not buying it. I have no idea why they feel the need to alter it so severely

    See, I'm not the only one who feels like I've been robbed of my money. The Beta was so **** good that all my friends were super stoked on the game, I preordered it after the beta was done and they were going to wait and see me play the game to know if they were going to buy it or not, none of them ended up buying it after watching me play it for a few days and talk about it
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

    I've been watching hockey since I was 7 or 8. I started playing hockey when I was 12 and became a goalie when I was 15. I played competition hockey for 10 years and coached for another 2. I won several championships in Montréal, a City that Lives, Eats and Sleeps HOCKEY.


    That's quite the hockey resume. It begs the question - Why does someone with such a good hockey pedigree, who has won "championships in a city that lives, eats and sleeps hockey" - spend all their time debating a subjective art form (video games) on the internet? You should be coaching real hockey and developing our youth to become better players.

    Furthermore, when you express your apparent hockey background as some sort of equation to hockey video game development - it shows a severe lack of understanding and comprehension of the art form you're fighting over.

    Video game hockey is to real hockey as call of duty is to real warfare.

    The developers have a vision for how the sport is to be virtually represented in the gaming world, and just because that vision doesn't match up with your personal views or your personal "experience" in the sport, doesn't mean that the game is as bad as you claim it to be.

    Some things don't work the way we'd like them. True.

    Some physics are funky and **** us off. True.

    The game is meant to be a 1:1 identical version of the real life sport: False.

    It's meant to get as close as possible - but it will never be the exact same.

    Enjoy the game for what it is and bring forth the real issues - like bugs and glitches, and stop bickering over what your opinion of hockey is vs the opinions of the developers.

    Eh? Yea sure I can agree that real life experience in hockey does not equate programming knowledge of a video game, gonna have to disagree with every other thing in this post.

    If someone enjoys playing F1 games, then duh, it is a given that that person will not be able to drive a real F1 for a living, but the GAME still obeys rules and laws of physics. It represents the real life sport as much as it can and must say it does it rather well.
    The same cannot be said for this hockey game series. Hockey is a TEAM sport. EA hockey is a dangler's sport. Do you see the AI in F1 games doing burnouts in the grass for fun, or driving the wrong way? Then why does the AI in the NHL series act like they are new to the sport? They can't even break out of their zone. You chose strategies and they don't even follow them. Turning their backs to the puck on the offensive...

    Yea sure call of duty isn't realistic, but the AI does not run around staring at the ground or sky. They point and shoot, as they are supposed to.

    No one is asking for the game to be EXACTLY like a real NHL representation, but I think it is fair to say we all want the game to be consistent and logical.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    If it's trash, why are you playing it? Addictive personally? Or did you buy it just so you have something to do (whining about it on the forums)?
    Perhaps he forces himself to play it because he spent close to $100 and is trying to justify his purchase. Or maybe he just likes hockey and played the beta and really enjoyed experience so he decided to buy the retail version but when he started playing he realized the game was nothing like the beta and was unhappy with the **** that cost him close to $100 so he's voicing his displeasure.

    This x1000000. Beta was some of the best vid game hockey I've played in years. It swayed me to purchase it when I was contemplating not buying it. I have no idea why they feel the need to alter it so severely

    See, I'm not the only one who feels like I've been robbed of my money. The Beta was so **** good that all my friends were super stoked on the game, I preordered it after the beta was done and they were going to wait and see me play the game to know if they were going to buy it or not, none of them ended up buying it after watching me play it for a few days and talk about it

    Razor, I didnt say I felt robbed of my money. I can appreciate your point but please dont put words in my mouth. I said that I have no idea why they felt the need to alter the game this much.
  • HipNotiiCx
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

    I've been watching hockey since I was 7 or 8. I started playing hockey when I was 12 and became a goalie when I was 15. I played competition hockey for 10 years and coached for another 2. I won several championships in Montréal, a City that Lives, Eats and Sleeps HOCKEY.


    That's quite the hockey resume. It begs the question - Why does someone with such a good hockey pedigree, who has won "championships in a city that lives, eats and sleeps hockey" - spend all their time debating a subjective art form (video games) on the internet? You should be coaching real hockey and developing our youth to become better players.

    Furthermore, when you express your apparent hockey background as some sort of equation to hockey video game development - it shows a severe lack of understanding and comprehension of the art form you're fighting over.

    Video game hockey is to real hockey as call of duty is to real warfare.

    The developers have a vision for how the sport is to be virtually represented in the gaming world, and just because that vision doesn't match up with your personal views or your personal "experience" in the sport, doesn't mean that the game is as bad as you claim it to be.

    Some things don't work the way we'd like them. True.

    Some physics are funky and **** us off. True.

    The game is meant to be a 1:1 identical version of the real life sport: False.

    It's meant to get as close as possible - but it will never be the exact same.

    Enjoy the game for what it is and bring forth the real issues - like bugs and glitches, and stop bickering over what your opinion of hockey is vs the opinions of the developers.

    I love this response. Here, I'll sum up what you're telling people who paid money for a product should do:

    1. Don't speak critically of anything. You must love literally every part of the game
    2. 100% agree with the mods/devs, otherwise you're a stupid whiner
    3. Despite spending real money, you should be ashamed of having the audacity to give feedback
    4. Despite a plague of legitimate gripes about bugs, and other glitch garbage (broken HUT/EASHL) the game is great. Do not even remotely be disappointed of the fact that you can't play your favorite game mode.

    Great job, man. Glad paying customers are simply whiners, or "not understanding their art"...lol WHAT!?) If we don't praise this game as the best sports game ever. The game has more bugs than an alpha, and they literally produced a final product that was so different from the beta, that people have a reason to be legitimately **** for. I mean, what happened in the month from the beta to the real game? Oh, I know what, they gave the hardcore community something they wanted (actual defense, passing and cycling) so they would buy the game, then release a day 1 patch to move everything back to 16, so that the casual community can still figure skate, get poked 8 times and keep the puck, and my personal favorite, run full speed into the goalie in order to make the puck go in.

    Yeah, these whiners are just ridiculous! How dare they be disappointed due to being completely mislead by the dev team!
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    If it's trash, why are you playing it? Addictive personally? Or did you buy it just so you have something to do (whining about it on the forums)?
    Perhaps he forces himself to play it because he spent close to $100 and is trying to justify his purchase. Or maybe he just likes hockey and played the beta and really enjoyed experience so he decided to buy the retail version but when he started playing he realized the game was nothing like the beta and was unhappy with the **** that cost him close to $100 so he's voicing his displeasure.

    This x1000000. Beta was some of the best vid game hockey I've played in years. It swayed me to purchase it when I was contemplating not buying it. I have no idea why they feel the need to alter it so severely

    See, I'm not the only one who feels like I've been robbed of my money. The Beta was so **** good that all my friends were super stoked on the game, I preordered it after the beta was done and they were going to wait and see me play the game to know if they were going to buy it or not, none of them ended up buying it after watching me play it for a few days and talk about it

    Razor, I didnt say I felt robbed of my money. I can appreciate your point but please dont put words in my mouth. I said that I have no idea why they felt the need to alter the game this much.


    Ah sorry man, didn't mean to do that
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    completely mislead by the dev team!

    How so?

    Did I not just explain it? The beta played 100x different than the full release. I went from being exciting for this game, to realizing they tuned the game back to NHL 16 again.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    completely mislead by the dev team!

    How so?

    Did I not just explain it? The beta played 100x different than the full release. I went from being exciting for this game, to realizing they tuned the game back to NHL 16 again.

    So, you've devised a formula that has led you to the mathematical conclusion that NHL 17, is in fact, 100 times different than the final retail game?

    The problem with trying to create an argument like this after my post, is I can easily counter with: you've devised a formula that can prove it isn't?

    Glad to see we're responding to the irrelevant multiplier I made up, and not the actual idea being discussed. Leads to very constructive conversations.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    completely mislead by the dev team!

    How so?

    Did I not just explain it? The beta played 100x different than the full release. I went from being exciting for this game, to realizing they tuned the game back to NHL 16 again.

    So, you've devised a formula that has led you to the mathematical conclusion that NHL 17, is in fact, 100 times different than the final retail game?

    I have been EXTREMELY active in this specific section of the forums for 2 years. Funny I don't recall ever seeing you post anything in this section before the "new" forums appeared. I may be wrong and sorry if I am. So for me, you are no more than 2 weeks active in this section of the forums. All I see so far from you is ways to argue and discredit posts from anyone who has a gripe with the game. You nitpick posts to further your points and seriously, I would expect more maturity from a mod than the response you just gave to HipNotiiCx. That very response is the kinds of responses mods don't want to see here, yet there you are posting one.

    Why not say something like: You seem to feel very strongly that the beta and final release are completely different. Can you give examples of why you feel this strongly about it?

    I feel as though you should maybe be choosing your words more wisely to make sure there is no misinterpretation.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    completely mislead by the dev team!

    How so?

    Did I not just explain it? The beta played 100x different than the full release. I went from being exciting for this game, to realizing they tuned the game back to NHL 16 again.

    So, you've devised a formula that has led you to the mathematical conclusion that NHL 17, is in fact, 100 times different than the final retail game?

    I have been EXTREMELY active in this specific section of the forums for 2 years. Funny I don't recall ever seeing you post anything in this section before the "new" forums appeared. I may be wrong and sorry if I am. So for me, you are no more than 2 weeks active in this section of the forums. All I see so far from you is ways to argue and discredit posts from anyone who has a gripe with the game. You nitpick posts to further your points and seriously, I would expect more maturity from a mod than the response you just gave to HipNotiiCx. That very response is the kinds of responses mods don't want to see here, yet there you are posting one.

    Why not say something like: You seem to feel very strongly that the beta and final release are completely different. Can you give examples of why you feel this strongly about it?

    I feel as though you should maybe be choosing your words more wisely to make sure there is no misinterpretation.

    Exactly my thoughts lol. I've been around these forums for many years (probably back to 09) finally started posting very actively halfway through 16. I know you've been here forever, and our posts are treated like they're made from 10 year olds raging at the game.

    Ridiculous...
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    I have been EXTREMELY active in this specific section of the forums for 2 years. Funny I don't recall ever seeing you post anything in this section before the "new" forums appeared. I may be wrong and sorry if I am. So for me, you are no more than 2 weeks active in this section of the forums. All I see so far from you is ways to argue and discredit posts from anyone who has a gripe with the game. You nitpick posts to further your points and seriously, I would expect more maturity from a mod than the response you just gave to HipNotiiCx. That very response is the kinds of responses mods don't want to see here, yet there you are posting one.

    Why not say something like: You seem to feel very strongly that the beta and final release are completely different. Can you give examples of why you feel this strongly about it?

    I feel as though you should maybe be choosing your words more wisely to make sure there is no misinterpretation.

    I've been around these forums for years under the name, KidShowtime.

    Let's get back to the topic at hand and continue your evaluation of me as a mod in the Private Messages.

    1. That name I definitely do know.
    2. Fair enough.
    3. I agree, let's stay on topic.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Oh buddy... Where do I begin? I'm gonna have to break this down:
    KoryDub wrote: »
    That's quite the hockey resume. It begs the question - Why does someone with such a good hockey pedigree, who has won "championships in a city that lives, eats and sleeps hockey" - spend all their time debating a subjective art form (video games) on the internet? You should be coaching real hockey and developing our youth to become better players.

    Who told you I haven't? In fact, I believe I DID say that I had coached for a few years. Sadly at the time, a new daughter and things like a "job", a home and a wife meant I didn't have that much time to devote to a passtime. But your words are simply to tell me to "git" from these here premises so as to not saturate these forums with such things as "logic" and "experience".

    And yet you were the one that concurred that everyone with a complaint about the game was basically clueless about the real sport. I was simply proving that I, and I believe many others here, are not.
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Furthermore, when you express your apparent hockey background as some sort of equation to hockey video game development - it shows a severe lack of understanding and comprehension of the art form you're fighting over.

    Hmmm... Interesting. So your view is that having hockey knowledge is NOT necessary for the purpose of recreating a virtual version of the sport? Well that explains A LOT!
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Video game hockey is to real hockey as call of duty is to real warfare.

    No young man: A hockey video game simulation is to real hockey as Flight Sim X is to Real Flying. That is to say that in both cases, you're expect to be able to use the same real life experience, tactics and know how and apply it to the virtual version with a modicum of success. For example, if I'm a real pilot and play Flight Sim X, I expect that my real life experience will let me get ahead much quicker than someone who just wants to "fly" and do barrel rolls into a mountain or crash dive into the sea because pfffffffffffffff... I can do whatever I want, the game doesn't care!
    KoryDub wrote: »
    The developers have a vision for how the sport is to be virtually represented in the gaming world, and just because that vision doesn't match up with your personal views or your personal "experience" in the sport, doesn't mean that the game is as bad as you claim it to be.

    It's not my view. It's everyone who plays HOCKEY's view. We hockey fans may not rival NFL fans or NBA fans or Soccer fans, but that doesn't mean we don't exist and that our views and ideas DON'T COUNT. I'm sure the devs have a lovely vision of what the product should be. I can probably also say that this product, NHL 17, isn't even close to it. I'm sure while they were working crunch time the last few weeks of the product's production cycle, they WERE NOT saying how they thought the goalies freezing when getting bumped into was a dream come true! Or how when a player facing north takes a slap shot in that direction, but the puck magically stops in midair, then turns around and goes south, I'm sure those aren't tears of joy they're crying.

    And I never said the game is bad. I'm enjoy it as much as I can. Does that mean I shouldnt' complain when things go wrong? Is that how things WORK for you?

    Duly noted.
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Some things don't work the way we'd like them. True.

    Some things?
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Some physics are funky and **** us off. True.

    No... 3 day old sweat socks. That would (smell?) be "funky". The physics in this game... Using that term for what passes for them in this game, I feel, is an affront to REAL physicists everywhere. Sir Isaac Newton must be rolling in his grave so hard, he's probably bored a hole halfway to China by now...
    KoryDub wrote: »
    The game is meant to be a 1:1 identical version of the real life sport: False.

    It isn't even a 1:5 version of the real life sport. Get outta town!
    KoryDub wrote: »
    It's meant to get as close as possible - but it will never be the exact same.

    It's not like I was holding my breath for it to be... Otherwise I would've probably been dead since.... I'd say probably around the time NHL'99 came out.
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Enjoy the game for what it is and bring forth the real issues - like bugs and glitches, and stop bickering over what your opinion of hockey is vs the opinions of the developers.

    Gotcha! So I should just shut my mouth and if i come across a bug or glitch, I should post a video so that you or another mod or a dev, can instead berrate me on what I did wrong instead of actually talking about WHY the issue happened in the game THEY programmed that they need for ME to help them find said issue with a VIDEO of my own making. I mean, not like they can just TURN ON THE GAME themselves and see the same issue... That would be CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!

    On the other end, I suppose I should be happy that the devs "vision" of hockey didn't contain Spongebob Squarepants, Patrick Star, Squidward and Mr. Krabs on the ice instead of this "semblance" of the pale shadow that could possibly be hockey if hockey was played on the Moon in an alternate reality with physics that work when they feel like it.

    I guess Cypher was right: "Ignorance is BLISS!"

  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Fix your post and I might give that novel a read through.

    Workin on it, hoss!... New forums. Still learnin'
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Your post is just a lot of taking certain words I've said, and re-packaging them to fit your agenda.

    Moving on.

    Oh come now! I've only applied the same logic in debating an issue as you do. I take it you did not find it very amusing?

    Imagine that... I wonder what the other forums members think of my response.
  • HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

    I've been watching hockey since I was 7 or 8. I started playing hockey when I was 12 and became a goalie when I was 15. I played competition hockey for 10 years and coached for another 2. I won several championships in Montréal, a City that Lives, Eats and Sleeps HOCKEY.


    That's quite the hockey resume. It begs the question - Why does someone with such a good hockey pedigree, who has won "championships in a city that lives, eats and sleeps hockey" - spend all their time debating a subjective art form (video games) on the internet? You should be coaching real hockey and developing our youth to become better players.

    Furthermore, when you express your apparent hockey background as some sort of equation to hockey video game development - it shows a severe lack of understanding and comprehension of the art form you're fighting over.

    Video game hockey is to real hockey as call of duty is to real warfare.

    The developers have a vision for how the sport is to be virtually represented in the gaming world, and just because that vision doesn't match up with your personal views or your personal "experience" in the sport, doesn't mean that the game is as bad as you claim it to be.

    Some things don't work the way we'd like them. True.

    Some physics are funky and **** us off. True.

    The game is meant to be a 1:1 identical version of the real life sport: False.

    It's meant to get as close as possible - but it will never be the exact same.

    Enjoy the game for what it is and bring forth the real issues - like bugs and glitches, and stop bickering over what your opinion of hockey is vs the opinions of the developers.

    I love this response. Here, I'll sum up what you're telling people who paid money for a product should do:

    1. Don't speak critically of anything. You must love literally every part of the game
    2. 100% agree with the mods/devs, otherwise you're a stupid whiner
    3. Despite spending real money, you should be ashamed of having the audacity to give feedback
    4. Despite a plague of legitimate gripes about bugs, and other glitch garbage (broken HUT/EASHL) the game is great. Do not even remotely be disappointed of the fact that you can't play your favorite game mode.

    Great job, man. Glad paying customers are simply whiners, or "not understanding their art"...lol WHAT!?) If we don't praise this game as the best sports game ever. The game has more bugs than an alpha, and they literally produced a final product that was so different from the beta, that people have a reason to be legitimately **** off for. I mean, what happened in the month from the beta to the real game? Oh, I know what, they gave the hardcore community something they wanted (actual defense, passing and cycling) so they would buy the game, then release a day 1 patch to move everything back to 16, so that the casual community can still figure skate, get poked 8 times and keep the puck, and my personal favorite, run full speed into the goalie in order to make the puck go in.

    Yeah, these whiners are just ridiculous! How dare they be disappointed due to being completely mislead by the dev team!

    winner.

  • HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

    I've been watching hockey since I was 7 or 8. I started playing hockey when I was 12 and became a goalie when I was 15. I played competition hockey for 10 years and coached for another 2. I won several championships in Montréal, a City that Lives, Eats and Sleeps HOCKEY.


    That's quite the hockey resume. It begs the question - Why does someone with such a good hockey pedigree, who has won "championships in a city that lives, eats and sleeps hockey" - spend all their time debating a subjective art form (video games) on the internet? You should be coaching real hockey and developing our youth to become better players.

    Furthermore, when you express your apparent hockey background as some sort of equation to hockey video game development - it shows a severe lack of understanding and comprehension of the art form you're fighting over.

    Video game hockey is to real hockey as call of duty is to real warfare.

    The developers have a vision for how the sport is to be virtually represented in the gaming world, and just because that vision doesn't match up with your personal views or your personal "experience" in the sport, doesn't mean that the game is as bad as you claim it to be.

    Some things don't work the way we'd like them. True.

    Some physics are funky and **** us off. True.

    The game is meant to be a 1:1 identical version of the real life sport: False.

    It's meant to get as close as possible - but it will never be the exact same.

    Enjoy the game for what it is and bring forth the real issues - like bugs and glitches, and stop bickering over what your opinion of hockey is vs the opinions of the developers.

    I love this response. Here, I'll sum up what you're telling people who paid money for a product should do:

    1. Don't speak critically of anything. You must love literally every part of the game
    2. 100% agree with the mods/devs, otherwise you're a stupid whiner
    3. Despite spending real money, you should be ashamed of having the audacity to give feedback
    4. Despite a plague of legitimate gripes about bugs, and other glitch garbage (broken HUT/EASHL) the game is great. Do not even remotely be disappointed of the fact that you can't play your favorite game mode.

    Great job, man. Glad paying customers are simply whiners, or "not understanding their art"...lol WHAT!?) If we don't praise this game as the best sports game ever. The game has more bugs than an alpha, and they literally produced a final product that was so different from the beta, that people have a reason to be legitimately **** off for. I mean, what happened in the month from the beta to the real game? Oh, I know what, they gave the hardcore community something they wanted (actual defense, passing and cycling) so they would buy the game, then release a day 1 patch to move everything back to 16, so that the casual community can still figure skate, get poked 8 times and keep the puck, and my personal favorite, run full speed into the goalie in order to make the puck go in.

    Yeah, these whiners are just ridiculous! How dare they be disappointed due to being completely mislead by the dev team!

    winner.

    Indeed... Too bad we're all losers. :cry:
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    completely mislead by the dev team!

    How so?

    Did I not just explain it? The beta played 100x different than the full release. I went from being exciting for this game, to realizing they tuned the game back to NHL 16 again.

    So, you've devised a formula that has led you to the mathematical conclusion that NHL 17, is in fact, 100 times different than the final retail game?
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    completely mislead by the dev team!

    How so?

    Did I not just explain it? The beta played 100x different than the full release. I went from being exciting for this game, to realizing they tuned the game back to NHL 16 again.

    So, you've devised a formula that has led you to the mathematical conclusion that NHL 17, is in fact, 100 times different than the final retail game?

    The problem with trying to create an argument like this after my post, is I can easily counter with: you've devised a formula that can prove it isn't?

    Glad to see we're responding to the irrelevant multiplier I made up, and not the actual idea being discussed. Leads to very constructive conversations.
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Your post is just a lot of taking certain words I've said, and re-packaging them to fit your agenda.

    Moving on.


    Rammer prob made him mod.

    Were it so easy... KorySub is simply KidShowtime from the old NHL Forums. You don't have to agree with his views (I don't), but let's try to keep things civil and away from personal attacks, hmm?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!