EA Forums - Banner

up 4-1 and then..

Replies

• I just had my first game in almost two days because it's a chore to play, the guy I went against was definitely better then me but Rask let in 7 goals on 17 shots. 4 were shots over the blocker, a penalty shot because I was frustrated and tripped him, a cross crease and the other he went to cross crease, i tried to stop it by poke checking and poked it in my own net.
  • There's only 1 answer to this..... skill gap compression.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    Got a video to post?

You need a video? You must be playing a different game than we have. Gamechanger... I'm sorry but with a comment like this I see you're part of the problem with this series.

We can go back and forth all day with these claims. I personally would rather just see some footage than an exaggerated story because someones heated over a game. This isnt the stone age anymore, its so easy to stream or grab a clip. If youre going to come on here expecting a serious discussion Id like to see some kind of video footage to back up some of the erroneous claims OP is making.

You're joking though right ? In all seriousness ? How often do you play this game ? What modes do you play ? I play VS, Draft champions and mainly EASHL and I can tell you EVERYONE I play with is laughing at the joke this game is. AI defense poking the puck it to your own net, broken poke checks that make contact but the puck carrier never loses the puck, the broken a$$ puck protect making them invincible, the absolute trash lucky goals while the team generating great offense get robbed by a 'hot goalie' it's just a complete joke. So I agree, at this point who the **** needs to post videos ? So many videos have been posted and nothing is ever done about it so why would anyone waste their time ? We all play the same game and everyone I talk to personally, most people I see on forums, most people I play online and most youtube comments are all negatively talking about the same old ****.

I play strictly competitive 6v6 in eashl. Give it a try, I dont have too many qualms and neither does that community. I stay away from VS and AI involvement.

Fair enough, you simply don't know how frustrating the game is then, good for you. 6v6 is a completely different game but still has many issues and lucky bounces etc, most of the time it's human error which is good. It's easier to be accountable for what happens in the game when it's 6v6. Most players don't have 6 people that can play in a club every night so you're lucky because EVERYONE who is playing with AI players or AI goalies is complaining lol I usually play with 3v3 or 4v4, never with human goalies and the things I've seen in just 30 games make me laugh. I just can't take this game or EA seriously a tall.

Sounds like you should join one of the 6v6 leagues, compete there. Once in there youll meet plenty of guys who play 6v6 and join a club who does. Then less headaches for issues that are out of your control. And if someone screws up, like you said, its typically a humans fault and you can yell at them on the mic :)

Yeah I hear you man, I think soon my club will have 6 on each night we play. It's getting to a point where we will only play if 6 are on haha. AI is just too much of a factor and they shouldn't be.
  • what a surprise...
  • i do not have a video, and respectfully speaking, there is no point to a video, you have TONS of complaints enough to validate what i am saying, this game is AWFUL, i am not just some disgruntled troll, i am a good player who plays the game, the way it is supposed to be played, EA needs to tone down the glitch wristers, make the goalies better, WAY better, and nerf the D, ASAP
  • i do not have a video, and respectfully speaking, there is no point to a video, you have TONS of complaints enough to validate what i am saying, this game is AWFUL, i am not just some disgruntled troll, i am a good player who plays the game, the way it is supposed to be played, EA needs to tone down the glitch wristers, make the goalies better, WAY better, and nerf the D, ASAP

Nerf the D?? If they nerf the D any more than they already have been I doubt anyone will play defense anymore, it's already hard to play against good forwards as a d man. Especially with one of the three tools they have (stick lift) not working at all.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    i do not have a video, and respectfully speaking, there is no point to a video, you have TONS of complaints enough to validate what i am saying, this game is AWFUL, i am not just some disgruntled troll, i am a good player who plays the game, the way it is supposed to be played, EA needs to tone down the glitch wristers, make the goalies better, WAY better, and nerf the D, ASAP

This may be harsh, but if you were a good player you wouldnt let someone score 6 clappers on you in the last 8 minutes of the game. Thats why I asked to see some video footage, because id love to see a scenario where that was possible. A video would certainly tell a lot more of a story here than youre letting on im sure. But yeah - game sucks.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    i do not have a video, and respectfully speaking, there is no point to a video, you have TONS of complaints enough to validate what i am saying, this game is AWFUL, i am not just some disgruntled troll, i am a good player who plays the game, the way it is supposed to be played, EA needs to tone down the glitch wristers, make the goalies better, WAY better, and nerf the D, ASAP

Nerf the D?? If they nerf the D any more than they already have been I doubt anyone will play defense anymore, it's already hard to play against good forwards as a d man. Especially with one of the three tools they have (stick lift) not working at all.

I think he means the AI defenders.

Look OP, I feel for ya, but if you're gonna be talking about nerfing the AI even more than they already are, my stance is going to have to switch sides and stand on B-Bunny's. And I was firmly on your side at first (until Bunny deleted my entire thread... )

The AI d-men are routinely stupid and in the worst of cases a liability...

http://xboxclips.com/VeNOM2O99/ba489221-2720-4820-a79e-7712d3dd69f3

That's the AI d-men in the game I'm playing now... Actually the game I WAS playing now... They allowed another incursion between them and then after making 3 saves in a row, the AI Left D-man just plowed into me with the puck under my pads and pushed it in.. I'm not making a video of that... LOL!

If you have trouble beating the AI d-men, you're on your own, pal.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »

I think he means the AI defenders.

Look OP, I feel for ya, but if you're gonna be talking about nerfing the AI even more than they already are, my stance is going to have to switch sides and stand on B-Bunny's. And I was firmly on your side at first (until Bunny deleted my entire thread... )

The AI d-men are routinely stupid and in the worst of cases a liability...

http://xboxclips.com/VeNOM2O99/ba489221-2720-4820-a79e-7712d3dd69f3

That's the AI d-men in the game I'm playing now... Actually the game I WAS playing now... They allowed another incursing between them and then after making 3 saves in a row, the AI Left D-man just plowed into me with the puck under my pads and pushed it in.. I'm not making a video of that... LOL!

If you have trouble beating the AI d-men, you're on your own, pal.

Welcome to the dark side. The right side. People have legit complaints with the game and theres real things wrong, i never questioned that. But this thread had tilt written all over it. That's why I wanted to see footage. Dont jump down my throat next time.
  • Well that's the thing. I thought his complaint was legit and then he talked about nerfing the D-men, which I assume he meant nerfing the AI d-men.

I was on board until he dropped that little tidbit.
  • I had a similar experience in HUT the other night. Playing a guy I can clearly see isn't that great at the game, I start my cycle game and just start firing off shots from everywhere. Guy gets the puck out of the zone and runs down and scores. I win the faceoff go into his zone and start the cycle again, this time I switch up my line strats and start working the boards more to try and free up the slot. He takes the puck comes down and scores again. At this point its the 2nd period and the shots are beyond one sided as well as ToA. 3rd period starts and he gets an early goal to put my down 3-0.

I start dumping the puck in to try and keep him guessing, he murders my guy and gets a 5min game misconduct. I switch to umbrella and back two in to come within one. I immediately take control again in his zone and hit a cycle to the point for a one time goal to tie it up. 3-3 45 seconds to go. I win the face off, dump the puck and beat his defender to it. Manage to get off the wall and I have a wide open winger in front of his net left alone due to him controlling the wrong D. Sauce it over for the slam dunk. GAME OVER.

I go back and watch what happened on ALL 3 of his goals, I played soft and poor defense, I took a chance and missed each time, he didn't make the opportunities I basically handed them to him by MY decisions. If I had lost I'd have done the same thing, I always look at the footage on stuff I get scored on if I feel like its questionable...I want to know if it was him or me. 9/10 its ALWAYS me playing way too soft.

Im not saying this is ALWAYS the case, because I've felt its not from time to time, sometimes thats hockey, sometimes the Yotes come to town and beat your team...because well "hockey". I am not an EA Fan boy, I can name plenty of things I want to see changed/fixed, but when it comes to topics like this, either bring a video so we can ALL see or dont post at all. If you take the time to write up an essay throwing all sorts of heat at EA take the time to save a clip, put it on YouTube and link it here, if you cant I have zero sympathy for you.

The game is far from perfect, its got plenty of issues...we aren't gonna get anywhere with simply a wall of text and your word as your proof.
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN
  • AI dman are terrible if you learn how they react, they basically do nothing. Terrible as d partners too.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    AI dman are terrible if you learn how they react, they basically do nothing. Terrible as d partners too.

This is what I'm saying, I have videos. I don't have have wi-fi to upload them right now but when I'm home from work. Showing how bad the AI is
  • I AM talking about AI defense, they are god awful, the bottom line is the DEVS are always going to side with EA, no matter what, so it is pointless
  • sounds like an extreme version of team Canadas 5 minute game against Europes 55 minute perfection.
  • Maybe instead of just telling us to play 6's, EA should do what they claim and actually make AI that arent completely **** ****. I have no desire to become friends with a bunch of **** so that I can play this game. I play this game with my friends I already have. Since playing with only 2 or 3 other people is an option, it should work correctly and not be a god damn disaster.

I havent had time to upload videos since last night, but since there are numerous people making similar complaints, maybe passively attempting to dismiss those claims isnt the way to go about things. We played a game against 3 enforcers last night. Predictably they skated around checking everyone and racked up penalties. I think we scored a goal on about 8 power plays, including a few 5-3 chances. Why? Because passing the puck isnt nearly as effective as it should be. Their goalie continually dove from post to post making numerous absurd saves left and right. Also half our PP time was thrown away by the AI defensemen who feel the need to wind up really slowly for slapshots and either miss the net or get the shot blocked which leads to an easy clear. Doesnt matter that I was calling for the puck the second it was dropped by the ref as I watched my center win it back to the dman, he still wound up a slapshot which was very predictably blocked by the defense, because about 80% of Ai shots are blocked because they are so obvious. Then guess what happens, one of their enforcers gets outta the box, skates into the zone and immediately fires a slapshot from the blue line which goes in. That is what happens in EASHL games in its current state. Passing the puck is a futile practice while setting up 0 offense and just firing shots the second you come in the zone is much more effective. This game is so **** backwards that its unbelievable.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    Maybe instead of just telling us to play 6's, EA should do what they claim and actually make AI that arent completely **** ****. I have no desire to become friends with a bunch of **** so that I can play this game. I play this game with my friends I already have. Since playing with only 2 or 3 other people is an option, it should work correctly and not be a god **** disaster.

I havent had time to upload videos since last night, but since there are numerous people making similar complaints, maybe passively attempting to dismiss those claims isnt the way to go about things. We played a game against 3 enforcers last night. Predictably they skated around checking everyone and racked up penalties. I think we scored a goal on about 8 power plays, including a few 5-3 chances. Why? Because passing the puck isnt nearly as effective as it should be. Their goalie continually dove from post to post making numerous absurd saves left and right. Also half our PP time was thrown away by the AI defensemen who feel the need to wind up really slowly for slapshots and either miss the net or get the shot blocked which leads to an easy clear. Doesnt matter that I was calling for the puck the second it was dropped by the ref as I watched my center win it back to the dman, he still wound up a slapshot which was very predictably blocked by the defense, because about 80% of Ai shots are blocked because they are so obvious. Then guess what happens, one of their enforcers gets outta the box, skates into the zone and immediately fires a slapshot from the blue line which goes in. That is what happens in EASHL games in its current state. Passing the puck is a futile practice while setting up 0 offense and just firing shots the second you come in the zone is much more effective. This game is so **** backwards that its unbelievable.

I call ****. If you guys are gonna play EASHL with 2's or 3's... then you get what you deserve. You all say that you play the game the right way, well, you don't.
    Play 6's. And most guys in those leagues are not **** bags. They will help you out, and the best part, once you join these leagues, you never have to endure those mindless random drop ins again as you will ALWAYS find guys on and running games.
    Quit crying, and take a chance.
    Or don't... I don't care.

• B-Bunny wrote: »

This may be harsh, but if you were a good player you wouldnt let someone score 6 clappers on you in the last 8 minutes of the game. Thats why I asked to see some video footage, because id love to see a scenario where that was possible. A video would certainly tell a lot more of a story here than youre letting on im sure. But yeah - game ****.

You just said you only play 6's! I don't even think you have the right to say anything after that about vs or HUT. It's an entirely different game.

Not to brag, but I'm someone that usually goes 40 to 100 straight wins when I buy the game until I get to div 1 and reach opponents that have a clue how to play the game. I also never buy packs - just a grinder crap team. Since 15 it has become so random for me though. Every year worse and worse until this year I can't even bother with it anymore. It feels like we should just roll the dice and be on to the next opponent.

I just think this sums up this year though... On numerous occasions (probably 5 out of my 15 or so games) in this years game I have played & lost to people that don't even know how to take a faceoff! Like don't even bother trying on the faceoff. Like the people that just bought their first game of this entire series kind of bad. I will be in their end cycling the puck watching their goalie play the game of his life (the usual) for half the period and randomly I cannot switch players properly, the players I am controlling start skating weird, my passes start going crazy, etc. Opponent gets the puck & has no f-ing clue what he is doing. You can tell he's just like in shock he has the puck. Skate down the ice and shoot from anywhere and score. I'm basically playing their AI at this point. How are any of you supporting this game? And bunny to support it when you just admitted you don't even play the modes in question. Come on, man!

15 was garbage, complete garbage. 16 was a total joke. 17 is actually IMO not worth playing at all. I only own my xbox for NHL for those of you that will just tell me to shut up and play a different game and stop complaining.

• parkheed wrote: »
    mikeq67 wrote: »
    Maybe instead of just telling us to play 6's, EA should do what they claim and actually make AI that arent completely **** ****. I have no desire to become friends with a bunch of **** so that I can play this game. I play this game with my friends I already have. Since playing with only 2 or 3 other people is an option, it should work correctly and not be a god **** disaster.

I call ****. If you guys are gonna play EASHL with 2's or 3's... then you get what you deserve. You all say that you play the game the right way, well, you don't.
    Play 6's. And most guys in those leagues are not **** bags. They will help you out, and the best part, once you join these leagues, you never have to endure those mindless random drop ins again as you will ALWAYS find guys on and running games.

Im glad neither of us care what the other does or thinks, thanks for contributing to the conversation.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    parkheed wrote: »
    mikeq67 wrote: »

Yeah, that was the most ignorant post ive read all week.