EA Forums - Banner

Protect the puck (aka cant be hit button)

Why the **** is this ultrastupid **** still in the game? All people in versus just skate along the boards with this magic button pressed and you can hard hit them with 3 different players and it does... NOTHING. They just skate like you didnt do anything. Year after year, patch after patch and tuner after tuner, this is still in the game. Its just unbelievable. It ruins the game and makes 1v1 unplayable (of course along with the useless sticklift and the stupidiest AI ever made in a sports game, the AI players are blocking you all the time, getting in your way, going back to defense when you are going to attack etc). Pathetic. Online versus is just a joke.

Replies

• Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    That's funny, because in my experience it doesn't work nearly as good as last year? Sure, there are occasions where you can stick-lift and poke all you want, and the puck won't budge, but that's regardless of protect. Sometimes the opponenti is just invincible. Which is odd.
  • Losoun wrote: »
    Why the **** is this ultrastupid **** still in the game? All people in versus just skate along the boards with this magic button pressed and you can hard hit them with 3 different players and it does... NOTHING. They just skate like you didnt do anything. Year after year, patch after patch and tuner after tuner, this is still in the game. Its just unbelievable. It ruins the game and makes 1v1 unplayable (of course along with the useless sticklift and the stupidiest AI ever made in a sports game, the AI players are blocking you all the time, getting in your way, going back to defense when you are going to attack etc). Pathetic. Online versus is just a joke.

Yup. VS summarized right there. It is a gong show.
  • It really is the 'can't be hit button' lol what a complete joke. Same with poke checks, 90% of the time you knock the puck loose it just goes back to the other team anyway. The animations are a joke and make it hard to play. This game is simply hard to enjoy. It's gotten to a point where I have fun playing because I'm just making jokes about how terrible it is the whole time.