EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Presented by Netflix Marvel Luke Cage

What in the Hell is this all about we have to have adds now for game modes? Is this to help run the EASHL servers? What does this do for THE GAMERS instead of EA making money for running adds for Netflix

Replies

• I noticed this one last night. Adds on the boards have been in the game for years. They used to update them more frequently. Just extra $ for EA. I don't mind them, kinda refreshing really.
  • this isn't on the boards this is on the main menu
  • EA has gotta make money lol, and netflix wants to show itself off to men obviously for this series.

Its really a win, win.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • What in the **** is this all about we have to have adds now for game modes? Is this to help run the EASHL servers? What does this do for THE GAMERS instead of EA making money for running adds for Netflix

It doesn't add or take anything away from you so stop whining about it.
  • What in the **** is this all about we have to have adds now for game modes? Is this to help run the EASHL servers? What does this do for THE GAMERS instead of EA making money for running adds for Netflix

It doesn't add or take anything away from you so stop whining about it.

+1 The "problems" people have these days.
  • deadman9999
    875 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Don't blame me when NHL series starts to have to commercials during the intermissions that you won't be able to skip because something like this is coming bank on it
  • Don't blame me when NHL series starts to have to commercials during the intermissions that you won't be able to skip because something like this is coming bank on it

People have been saying this for years. I remember when HUT would launch and it would say something like "This HUT game brought to you by Honda". They will never go as far as putting it in the actual game. If it's in the menu then no harm, no foul. Heck, I like watching the 30 second commercials for HUT coins
  • Don't blame me when NHL series starts to have to commercials during the intermissions that you won't be able to skip because something like this is coming bank on it

I'm not 100% on this. But I'm fairly sure EA shortened online games from 5min to 4 min last year due to complaints of the experience online taking too long. Doubtful that forcing ads would work seeing as how there was a large enough complaint from the community in the past that warranted the change. I don't think you have much to worry about OP
  • Companies willing to sink advertising money into the game is a good thing. The adds on the boards are prominent in the real NHL, I think it keeps the game fresh to see different adds updated in game. I too am okay with getting 200 coins for watching a 15 second commercial.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Dont see this as an issue.
    PSN: B-Bunny