EA Forums - Banner

You can adjust Popcorn prices but you can't hire/fire coaching staff?

In franchise mode why is that as a GM you can get fired, adjust the prices for "juice" and popcorn, but there isn't an option to hire/fire coaching staffs? Why not have the option of hiring different coaches (and their styles)? This option would dictate your team's style of play. I think the NHL community would much rather have that option rather than worrying about upgrading their parking lots and cost for parking!

Replies

• This will hopefully be the next course of Action. Along with revamping the scouting system. I think a lot of us Franchise players would nut if they took a few pages from EHM or the earlier 2k games.

• In franchise mode why is that as a GM you can get fired, adjust the prices for "juice" and popcorn, but there isn't an option to hire/fire coaching staffs? Why not have the option of hiring different coaches (and their styles)? This option would dictate your team's style of play. I think the NHL community would much rather have that option rather than worrying about upgrading their parking lots and cost for parking!

That means the devs would have to program a bunch of different playstyles according to the coach you hire. Strategies are one of the most out-dated things in this game. This team is many years away from tackling AI issues and play strategies.