EA Forums - Banner

Puck pick-ups at an all time worst

They need to fix this. It seemed like NHL 16 was a little better with the pick-ups but they have gotten worst.

Also, there were numerous complaints about the player switching in NHL 16 and after playing NHL 17 now for over 110 hours, the player switching is the exact same as 16. Please fix this EA!

And please give us more custom logos for create a team because the ones we can select from are terrible looking. Or atleast let us select minor league teams logos.

Replies

• I'm finding the player switching to actually be worse this year.

I recorded a clip last night and trying to figure out how to get it online to show the forums what I mean.

It has happened numerous times to me where the opponent is coming in one on one but since my last d back is on the opposite side of the opposing player, I'm stuck switching back and forth with the 2 players chasing from behind on his side. It's lead to a few goals on me already.
  • I had a few games where I played some lock-down D, but because at "certain moments" the game would not let me switch to a relevant player I ended up losing by giving up 2-4 goals in a game this way. How does it NOT feel scripted that way especially when the rest of the game I had no problems switching players properly?
  • mattyhockey10
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I had a few games where I played some lock-down D, but because at "certain moments" the game would not let me switch to a relevant player I ended up losing by giving up 2-4 goals in a game this way. How does it NOT feel scripted that way especially when the rest of the game I had no problems switching players properly?

How is your connection? I deal with the same thing and just trying to once and for all figure out what is going on with this series.

Have they said ice tilt does not exist offline either? Because I call bull on that. If I play shut down d on the computer I can win with like 10 goals a game. If the computer scores first when I'm just messing around, or I enter a half simulated game while losing, it is so much work to get a goal, and then once I score 1 the flood gates open for me. How can they claim there is no scripting there? When I'm winning it's like the computer stops trying. If they score 1 you better get ready for the next one.

Perhaps since the AI in VS/HUT has become so overpowered in recent years it's actually the same as offline where if you have momentum, your teams AI just plays stronger. So basically the exact same thing but a technicality for them to say ice tilt does not exist.

• Puck pickup at its finest
  • That's sarcasm by the way lol