EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one who loves this game???

Replies

• I really do enjoy the game, don't get me wrong, but I refuse to turn a blind eye to all the game breaking bugs preventing users from actually playing the game because the game wasn't properly tested.
  • I've been reading all the hate posts and don't agree with most points. This is a gem compared to past years. As far as the problems that's what patches are for. Overall the game, especially HUT is a VAST improvement.

I don't see how hut is a vast improvement... More coaching options that don't save, the break outs , easier to get higher end cards, draft champions is whatever and on offline is pro difficulty and easy as crap to farm tokens way too easy ... Only thing that is better on the terrible ai is they protect cross crease better, other than that they are disgustingly terrible still in many ways. Goaltending isn't much better if at all...
  • I'll "dipsy doodle" you into the boards.
  • HipNotiiCx
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Best NHL game to date!

The game gets more and more realistic on all ends of the ice. What you will find as the game gets better, more and more top players who dont understand hockey will find it very frustrating because the game plays more realistic, resulting in less dipsy dobbling around the ice. Dont get me wrong it still happens but not near the same as where it was before.

Yes it does lol. The top players from last year are still the top players this year. There's such a minimal difference between the two games (if any) that it won't make anybody significantly better or worse at 17. Pokes are marginally better, hitting was amazing in the beta but now it's back to 16, goalies are still the same. This is NHL 16.5, dude. You're delusional if you think any of the top players from last year are even remotely struggling with 17.
  • I want Cogs to show videos of players "dipsy dobbling". This is a new term and forgive me if I am not up to date with the times.
  • I have to say that so far NHL 17 is the ultimate paradox for me, in that I love the gameplay offline, while at the same time I hate the limitations of online gameplay, namely no private otp lobbies.

The new slider system is a huge step in the right direction towards making offline gameplay completely enjoyable. I'm finally able to be play full 20 minute periods with somewhat realistic results, which is something I haven't been able to do since the old 2K days.

However, my love for the game is completely tempered when I attempt to play online with my friends, whom have been playing together for the past seven years, because we cannot all get into the same game. We are a small group of guys and gals (roughly 30 of us or so, raging in age from mid 30's to early 60's) who simply enjoy playing otp together. We all agree that we could suffer through some of the online gameplay issues that seem to occur if we could just play together.

In short, I love offline gameplay but hate online limitations.
  • HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Best NHL game to date!

The game gets more and more realistic on all ends of the ice. What you will find as the game gets better, more and more top players who dont understand hockey will find it very frustrating because the game plays more realistic, resulting in less dipsy dobbling around the ice. Dont get me wrong it still happens but not near the same as where it was before.

Yes it does lol. The top players from last year are still the top players this year. There's such a minimal difference between the two games (if any) that it won't make anybody significantly better or worse at 17. Pokes are marginally better, hitting was amazing in the beta but now it's back to 16, goalies are still the same. This is NHL 16.5, dude. You're delusional if you think any of the top players from last year are even remotely struggling with 17.

100% Agree with this. I thought the beta was awesome and you needed to cycle and get shots on net with traffic to win.

Now I feel like I'm playing 16 all over again. Now I just cycle until someone leaves a hole for a cross crease or slapper from the point for a deflection.
  • I have only played NHL. Do Madden, FIFA, and Basketball, suffer the same faults?
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    I'll put it in Cole's notes for you.

- I like the game when it works.

- I don't like it when it doesn't.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    I have only played NHL. Do Madden, FIFA, and Basketball, suffer the same faults?

A consumer base that bases a large portion of their feedback on whether or not they win or lose in online, competitive modes?

Yes. Yes they do.

But, there's a lot of good feedback from users as well.

Oh that's cute! You think everyone with complaints must be bad at the game. How original of a comeback! Try to discredit the poster, because forming a legitimate response as to why my goalie can get taken out by the opposition, scored on, and that goal being allowed would be too hard. Or, defending the physics engine that allows pucks to go through pads would be too hard so, that player must just be bad.

Wow, you are truly a a forum legend. I can only dream, that someday, I can get to the intellectual level required to come up with "get good" or "you lost, game is awesome, you're just bad" for my counter-arguments.

Truly an inspiration...Thank you so much.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I was editing my message when you quoted me.

Thats not what im saying. Personally I don't find the game play all that terrible. It definitely has its exploits that didn't seem to exist in the beta but managed to peek it's ugly head. Perhaps users have adapted. I dunno. The thing that **** me off is the bugs in the menu preventing people from actually playing the game ... being unable to create a HUT team, getting permanently kicked from EASHL on not one, but two separate bugs and finally good old Failed to Retrieve Data which prevents me from getting into HUT ocassionally.
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »

I stand by this: Take online competition out of the NHL series, and these forums get purged of 90% of the "feedback" threads.

When someone begins a legitimate thread with the words, "I primarily play offline" then my ears perk up. Because I know it's likely to be some legitimate concerns based on the gameplay experience, rather than a gripe with gameplay which comes after an online competitive loss.

I don't come here to win popularity contests or inspire anybody. I'm going to call users on their **** and I'm also going to make sure the good feedback gets noticed by those who need to see it.

If you're not a fan of me, good for you. But don't hate on someone just for calling people on their nonsensical post-loss rage posts.

Just so much wow in this response. Don't even know what to respond....

Only offline gripes are legitimate folks. People only post here after a loss for on-line modes. No on-line complaints are valid.... Just wow.

I think I see your point, but really. Expression isn't your forte and maybe that's why people are misinterpreting you.

I stand by this: Take online competition out of the NHL series, and these forums get purged of 90% of the "feedback" threads.

When someone begins a legitimate thread with the words, "I primarily play offline" then my ears perk up. Because I know it's likely to be some legitimate concerns based on the gameplay experience, rather than a gripe with gameplay which comes after an online competitive loss.

I don't come here to win popularity contests or inspire anybody. I'm going to call users on their **** and I'm also going to make sure the good feedback gets noticed by those who need to see it.

If you're not a fan of me, good for you. But don't hate on someone just for calling people on their nonsensical post-loss rage posts.

Discrediting online feedback is why this game is stale, and now has a fraction of the community it had 6 years ago...

How do you chalk up blatant goalie interference, broken sticklifts, pucks going through solid object as simply "online rage threads"? These are game-breaking experiences. It doesn't matter that it happened online, heck, I'd rage too if the GWG is the forward playing NHL Hitz on my goalie then scoring lol. I don't have a problem with you personally, I have a problem with the way you approach complaints from online players.

I'm sure you're a nice guy lol. I know nothing about you, so I can't have a personal problem with you.

The club i was in had 2 of the statically best players in one of the most recognized competitive leagues this game has. They constantly talked about how awful the glitches and bugs and how completely detached this game is to reality. Yea the games not real but it's still hockey so we should expect to be able to play hockey that plays like ya know hockey.
    Failed to retrieve data is not exclusive to the NHL series. This indicates a communication breakdown between the user and the EA servers. So many variables in these cases, but 8/10 times it's the user's connection. I know, not a popular thing to say here but it's the truth.
    I'm just going to lol at this and carry on with my day.
    Failed to retrieve data is not exclusive to the NHL series. This indicates a communication breakdown between the user and the EA servers. So many variables in these cases, but 8/10 times it's the user's connection. I know, not a popular thing to say here but it's the truth.
    I'm just going to lol at this and carry on with my day.

That was a good one! 80% of network connection issues are the user's fault? So, when 99% of the community experiences some sort of network problems while playing this game, it couldn't logically point to the common denominator (EA Servers) right?
    when 99% of the community experiences some sort of network problems while playing this game

Absolutely false.

So, you're telling me that >1% has NEVER experienced even minor network problems while paying? That's comical.

I am one of the lucky ones who plays pretty smooth 99% of the time, but the 1% I feel heavy, I can pop in any other game and be fine. Their servers are notoriously mediocre. I am guessing you aren't too versed in networking, if you think more than 1% of users have absolutely flawless connection every time they play this game.
  • HipNotiiCx
    97 posts Member
    edited October 2016

So, you're telling me that >1% has NEVER experienced even minor network problems while paying? That's comical.

That's not what you said:
    99% of the community experiences some sort of network problems while playing this game

That's a pretty vague and reaching statement.

Those two statements say the same thing though...? "Some sort of network problems" would indeed mean, that you would have had a network problem. Which would mean you would not fall under the category of NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. lol...

I used 99%, and I used "some". I have no idea what you're trying to argue anymore. It's comical.

That's not what you said:
    99% of the community experiences some sort of network problems while playing this game

That's a pretty vague and reaching statement.

Those two statements say the same thing though...? "Some sort of network problems" would indeed mean, that you would have had a network problem. Which would mean you would not fall under the category of NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. lol...

I used 99%, and I used "some". I have no idea what you're trying to argue anymore. It's comical.

I've never had a problem with my ISP, but I lose a packet and a video has to buffer now and then.

Your posts on these forums are completely overreaching. You make it seem like 99% of this forum cannot play this game online at all.

No I didn't lol. I said "some sort of network problems" Now you're just putting words into my posts, in order to validate your response.

Discrediting online feedback is why this game is stale, and now has a fraction of the community it had 6 years ago...

How do you chalk up blatant goalie interference, broken sticklifts, pucks going through solid object as simply "online rage threads"? These are game-breaking experiences. It doesn't matter that it happened online, heck, I'd rage too if the GWG is the forward playing NHL Hitz on my goalie then scoring lol. I don't have a problem with you personally, I have a problem with the way you approach complaints from online players.

I'm sure you're a nice guy lol. I know nothing about you, so I can't have a personal problem with you.

I think using the term 'discrediting' is a bit harsh. We hear it, we see it - but my personal opinion (which is neither wrong nor is it right) is that online losses contribute and can skew feedback. I think it's VERY important to distinguish online feedback from offline feedback, as - and this should be unquestionable - feedback delivered after a loss may indicate certain 'fixes' that pertain to the submitting user and their mistakes made which contributed to a loss.

Meaning; If you offer a 'fix' for the issue you deemed appropriate to report, who's to say that your 'fix' isn't just catering to your shortcomings as an online NHL player? Maybe it doesn't need to be fixed, and your understanding of some mechanics needs work?

This is where the whole, "Get good" argument comes up. It's not as easy as just saying, "get good" - but there's some truth in those two words.

The question then comes up - at what point does it go from Get Good to - this needs to be fixed ASAP?

Stick lift is absolutely an ASAP type of fix, and it's been posted in these forums that it's being worked on.

Goalie interference, broken sticks, etc - these are never going to be perfect. And without videos, it's hard for us to decipher if there's an actual issue here or not.

I get where you are coming from and agree for the most part when it comes to EASHL. As for HUT and VS, the tuning is just plain horrid IMO and extrememly arcady and absolutely inconsistent. BMH has posted loads of videos in the past about very specific incidents. Collision detection HAS to be improved at the very least.