EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one who loves this game???

Replies

• So , should I buy PS4 and nhl17 or stick with ps3 nhl15. Thanks for your time
  • So , should I buy PS4 and nhl17 or stick with ps3 nhl15. Thanks for your time
    You should buy a stick, puck, and net.

Similar to what i need to do.. maybe some skates so i can finally learn to do that.

• I played about ten games today. Never played real hockey but I was in three games where the HUT opponent consistently one timed it from the center ice. Is this common in hockey or a NHL flaw?
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    D to D? It would be common if teams gave that opportunity up. Anybody shooting from that area uncontested with a clear lane-mild traffic has a high % chance to score or generate a controllable rebound(maintain possession).
    Also high probability to injure another player,or a turnover thats why it doesnt happen often in the nhl. Mostly on a PP
  • Cool. Thanks, thought it was a bug
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Because the BETA showed promise and played NOTHING like the game does now. Even the pre-release was better before the tuner update.

Sadly, this. All they needed were minor tweaks and then break half of the features. The goalies were great in the beta. I swear to God they're way different. And all us goalies asked, was to fix the sitting on the **** bug. They said they're on it. Didn't fix it. Added a bubble on the post and I don't nearly remember all of those cross-seam shots where the goalie dodging the puck going in all of the time.
  • I didn't play the beta but everyone i know said it was awesome and they were excited for the game. Wish i knew what they were talking about. :(
  • Can they make it more like the beta
  • I didnt buy the game because it was pretty obvious to me from the beta what it would become.
    I have no idea why people still buy and support the gameplay they hate 2 months after release each year.

EA is not about to go take a gamble by investing money to redesign a game that sells and risk having less sales. its the other way around...sales drop...you gamble to increase them again.

HUT is a huge culprit that completely nullifies all the people like me and my club who no longer buy the game because gambling addicts will spend fortunes opening packs.

you guys gotta learn to hold off for one year or two. It sucks...I love hockey...I think about playing hockey every night...I dream about it....not to have an NHL game to play when I used to play every night is brutal...no other game ever was as fun to me....but im still alive despite not buying it 3 times out of the last 4 years.

• Youratv wrote: »
    I didn't play the beta but everyone i know said it was awesome and they were excited for the game. Wish i knew what they were talking about. :(

It was awesome because it was new.
    The arena customization was awesome. But the gameplay was the same trash for the most part.

Each year is the same thing...people get hyped because its new and feels slightly different....but then within a month or 2 people play like crazy and figure out all the cheese and suddenly the game doesnt feel so good anymore. Everyone blame patches but its not the patches...its people adapting...
  • Butters1135 - I still like the game play in HUT in NHL 2015. It was faster and noticed that the connections seemed to be much better. Not sure why this is but it was fun to not get dropped or lagged a lot. But this game 2017 is different and has plus/minus too.
  • EASHL is the best it's ever been this year. Aside from the stick lift being the penalty button, I don't have too many issues with it at all. Now that you can't just pass through people's sticks all game, it's a blast and really shows you the smart players from the not so smart ones.
  • To all those who hate the game, do yourself a favour, just dont buy it.Remember it for next year and say to yourself " i will never again buy an nhl game or visit the forum"..hopefully with time this forum will be full again of positive minded people with constructive critics instead of crybabys
  • To the people who complain about hitting being nerfed: what player type are you hitting and what player type are you hitting with?

Being as I am primarily a defenseman, in club games I use defensive defenseman for his size, and believe it or not, if going against a team of grinders/power forwards, I will even sometimes use enforcer defenseman because his size can knock around those players a little bit. I'm finding there's finally a use for that player class in competition because of that.

If I try hitting with any of TWD, PMD and OFD, I find the hitting to be less than satisfactory unless I: 1. really line a guy up, or 2. am hitting a sniper/playmaker/two-way forward. It's the nature of the beast.

Oh, and poke checking is great. As is defensive positioning actually mattering. I rarely get beat by dekes anymore because the danglers can no longer just invincible deke through my stick and player.
  • To the people who complain about hitting being nerfed: what player type are you hitting and what player type are you hitting with?

Being as I am primarily a defenseman, in club games I use defensive defenseman for his size, and believe it or not, if going against a team of grinders/power forwards, I will even sometimes use enforcer defenseman because his size can knock around those players a little bit. I'm finding there's finally a use for that player class in competition because of that.

If I try hitting with any of TWD, PMD and OFD, I find the hitting to be less than satisfactory unless I: 1. really line a guy up, or 2. am hitting a sniper/playmaker/two-way forward. It's the nature of the beast.

Oh, and poke checking is great. As is defensive positioning actually mattering. I rarely get beat by dekes anymore because the danglers can no longer just invincible deke through my stick and player.

ibhrnl.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • We want the game to be good, how can you be constructive with out being critical of the things that should and need to be addressed?
  • Im just tired of the people complaing endlessly about how much they hate the game, that theyll never buy it again and bla bla bla..and every year here they are again..of course its positive to be critic with some aspects of the game , at the end we want it to be better but its clearly obvious that ea tries to improve it, theyve had many great additions, skill stick , hut, this years sets and synergies.. I play this game since 92 and have always had fun. I agree 15" was **** but to me its heading in the right direction and i hope it keeps getting better
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    The skill stick is the most debateable aspect of why the game is not balanced as it only applies to one player and not all the others. I know nothing of hut or vs. and i liked 15 but i played on old gen and heard new gen version was different. It feels like a crapshoot the way it's going like a complete 50/50 chance to me.
  • When I play I never get lag or disconnected. I just wish I knew what you guys know about all the problems. I just get on and have fun.
  • I barely lag and when i do it's a spike here and there. Fun is subjective to an individual.