EA Forums - Banner

Player numbers worrying?

2Next

Replies

• billgigs55 wrote: »
    The problem is that EA views NHL as a cash grab for them. They know people will buy it even if they mess up. Then they will put more money in for HUT and all. But if this is finally the game where people realize EA has screwed this game up little by little over the last few years and its all coming to a head now, maybe EA will finally do something right and fix this. Or risk losing there cash grab.

You're right but I've had every nhl game from ea and 2k since sega, besides 15 because it was an 80 dollar demo. I might keep buying them for a few more years but I know one thing for sure, I don't even play half of the games I used to, literally.

Other games are just more fun, the only time NHL is consistently fun is when all my friends are on playing EASHL, and that isn't because of the game, it's the party chat that's entertaining.

So while it is a cash grab, it's only because it's the only hockey game on the market, and sooner or later that won't be enough to sell it.
  • agreed
  • Player numbers seem slightly stronger than previous years.

17-21k on at peak times... that's a little better than last year right? On NHL start it will spike a bit, then any sales and Christmas time will get a spike. EASHL keeps you coming back.
  • EASHL would keep people coming back if it played right. Currently i view it as a turnoff for alot of people.
  • I've been on a steady club since NHL 11, no one wants to play it this year. We have two guys who bought streaming gear to do Twitch stuff with EASHL, we have a roster of about 8-10 guys who played a combined 1500 games last year. We're having trouble getting more than 2-3 people a night who want to play this game. Everyone's playing Forza Horizon, COD, Rocket League or NBA2K.

It's just not a good game. It needs a fresh set of devs and ideas.
  • I find it amusing they skipped EASHL in NHL 15 to make it better and what the fans of the mode want. My friends and I played the beta and loved it. It was everything we've always wanted in EASHL (except a few little things). We all got excited for this year, pre-ordered and were so disappointed with how it plays in the final version. I think we've played around 12 games or so since release. The beta was basically perfect. You had to pass it around. You had to make plays. Goals that should go in went in. It felt great, it was rewarding, it was awesome! In the current state of EASHL, it feels like NHL 09 that is just prettier. Two of my friends already traded the game in because they just can't take it anymore and they said they aren't buying it next year. Another friend said he isn't pre-ordering next year and will wait to buy it. These guys only play online, so for me I will always purchase the game even if it means playing offline which is what I did last year because of the input lag that never got fixed.
  • Question. If I wanted to play a second game like Madden or NBA is the HUT equivalent the same and are they very glitchy games or well polished.
  • huts the same basically in madden nhl and fifa not sure about nba as i haven't played that. Madden is probably the best hut experience though.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    WRX02227 wrote: »
    I find it amusing they skipped EASHL in NHL 15 to make it better and what the fans of the mode want. My friends and I played the beta and loved it. It was everything we've always wanted in EASHL (except a few little things). We all got excited for this year, pre-ordered and were so disappointed with how it plays in the final version. I think we've played around 12 games or so since release. The beta was basically perfect. You had to pass it around. You had to make plays. Goals that should go in went in. It felt great, it was rewarding, it was awesome! In the current state of EASHL, it feels like NHL 09 that is just prettier. Two of my friends already traded the game in because they just can't take it anymore and they said they aren't buying it next year. Another friend said he isn't pre-ordering next year and will wait to buy it. These guys only play online, so for me I will always purchase the game even if it means playing offline which is what I did last year because of the input lag that never got fixed.

Most people feel the same way, whatever they did f'd the game right up after beta, feels like nhl 16 with slightly better hitting now.

Edit* and worse goaltending.
  • RangerFanatic101
    315 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    With all the issues and the bad PR along with c-r-a-p-p-y support, did you really think this would be welcomed with open arms? Ooooor, are you from the school of thought that people who cried the most would be back anyway?