EA Forums - Banner

Switching Player is painfully slow

So amongst a number of infuriating problems I have come across with this game I'm going to list the number one problem I seem to have with this years game!. Be interesting to know if im the only one.

Switching player - so I have a perfectly good connection but switching player seems to take a life time before it gets to the player I want, example... their forward is about to break out and I'm trying to switch to the closest player to break down the play, eventually it'll get to the player I want but very often the delay in getting to the correct player will result in their player skating straight past my D man, finally when it switches to my D man it's already too late to make an action!. I know how to play defense and have played the game years before the keyboard warriors appear but I'm interested in knowing if anyone else experiences this?

Replies

• KoryDub wrote: »
    You need to treat changing your player in the same way you'd want to pass the puck:

Aim the left stick in the direction of the player you want to control (relative to the puck) and you will take control of said player.

Is this seriously true? I've never heard this before.

• Well in all the years of playing the game I didn't know this, shows how much I know
  • leesells wrote: »
    Well in all the years of playing the game I didn't know this, shows how much I know

I agree. This could be game-changing. When first click doesn't typically work to go to the guy I want to control I usually try two quick clicks, or three. Or abandon it all together and just play as one player on defense.

I can't wait to try this out tonight.
  • leesells wrote: »
    Well in all the years of playing the game I didn't know this, shows how much I know

I agree. This could be game-changing. When first click doesn't typically work to go to the guy I want to control I usually try two quick clicks, or three. Or abandon it all together and just play as one player on defense.

I can't wait to try this out tonight.

Yeah it's frustrating to say the least, countless times it's cost me goals, let me know how you get on
  • You can still switch to last man back by HOLDING down the change player button..... Why it isn't documented is beyond me.
  • leesells
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    You can still switch to last man back by HOLDING down the change player button..... Why it isn't documented is beyond me.

Again, something else I didn't know. Thanks bud