EA Forums - Banner

EA, make sure that NHL 18 have HDR and 4K support!

Support for PS4 Pro with a 4K display capable of HDR should be a given going to frostbite.
FURY-69-.png

Replies

• BassMan_PC
    357 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Better yet... Release it on PC where we can do a proper 4K/60fps without any upscaling garbage.
  • Your funny guy
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Or just come back to Xbox Fury, Brutal Deluxe needs you.
  • leesells wrote: »
    Or just come back to Xbox Fury, Brutal Deluxe needs you.

Hi Lee, hope you and your brother are well. I try to get away from Microsoft when I can, and Sony provide a far bigger user base as it outsold xbox 2, to 1.

Playing with a bunch of Swedes and the occasional Irish and Finn in a Brutal Deluxe for PS4.
    I'm actually a LW now, so you just be benched if you come over to PS =)!
    FURY-69-.png
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Support for PS4 Pro with a 4K display capable of HDR should be a given going to frostbite.

IIRC, Rammer mentioned that NHL 18 was still too soon for Frostbite.

I also think that although the Hype around Frostbite is real (FIFA is amazing) that this community should be a bit more skeptical. Although FIFA managed to keep a lot of it's modes when making the transition, I fear the NHL series may suffer the fate we experienced when switching to the new-gen consoles (missing features, modes..etc).

I totally expect 18 to be really weak upgrade to 17 if they do the transition to a new engine. Same thing with 19 if they delay it further.

What I really want though is cross-platform play with PC-xbox-PS. This will make this little game so mush stronger. Players potentially will have opponents that are close to their skill level at all hours of the day. And thus will have more fun.
    FURY-69-.png
  • KoryDub wrote: »

IIRC, Rammer mentioned that NHL 18 was still too soon for Frostbite.

I also think that although the Hype around Frostbite is real (FIFA is amazing) that this community should be a bit more skeptical. Although FIFA managed to keep a lot of it's modes when making the transition, I fear the NHL series may suffer the fate we experienced when switching to the new-gen consoles (missing features, modes..etc).

I totally expect 18 to be really weak upgrade to 17 if they do the transition to a new engine. Same thing with 19 if they delay it further.

What I really want though is cross-platform play with PC-xbox-PS. This will make this little game so mush stronger. Players potentially will have opponents that are close to their skill level at all hours of the day. And thus will have more fun.

Online player connections are already struggling for a lot of people, I can see cross platform making that worse, it would be sweet though; I have buddies with xbox's who I'd like to club with.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I would love to see the frosbite engine in nhl. It's the bf engine where solid objects matter. Man i wish dice made hockey games.
  • I love NHL Series and thanks to EA Sports http://nhl18game.com/
  • What a joke 4k and HDR? Ya, let's prioritize that over all the other issues...
  • Ain't nothing like seeing one hundred flaws in clear 4K and HDR right...LOL