EA Forums - Banner

So many duplicates?

Sgt_Kelso
1325 posts Member
edited October 2016
I've been very annoyed with the player cards I am pulling, I seem to be getting the same cards over and over, and very few that I don't already have? And I don't have that large collection either. For example, I've gotten 5 Neuwirths, but hardly anyone else from Philly? It's like the pool of random cards is limited for me. I've had whole packs full of cards I already have multiple times, and there would be loads of common cards I don'tyet have. What gives?

This is not to whine about poor pack luck as such, I would be fine with pulling multiple Kopitars etc. Are some common card so much more common than other, or is it a coincidence?

Replies

• Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I've been very annoyed with the player cards I am pulling, I seem to be getting the same cards over and over, and very few that I don't already have? And I don't have that large collection either. For example, I've gotten 5 Neuwirths, but hardly anyone else from Philly? It's like the pool of random cards is limited for me. I've had whole packs full of cards I already have multiple times, and there would be loads of common cards I don'tyet have. What gives?

This is not to whine about poor pack luck as such, I would be fine with pulling multiple Kopitars etc. Are some common card so much more common than other, or is it a coincidence?

You see it like lottery scratch offs. There certain odds of good pulls, but unfortunately the bad ones are dominating. This is also done to get you hooked on opening more packs. You just might fall into a trap of buying multiple packs to see if ur luck has changed.
    I've noticed that if I pull an 87 or 88 card out of a pack, next time I might have pull like that is about 30-40 packs later.
    So u see bud, it's good for business lol.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pulled 2 totw charas last night in back to back packs. That was cool
  • Like I said, I am not complaining about getting bad cards, I am complaining about getting the SAME cards over and over again.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    That is the nature of hut packs. It happens you know? I have found that I seem to get alot of Victor rasks and Ryan Ellis's. However I will say that my pack luck hasn't been terrible I have gotten several 87s and a 90 and I have probably opened like 26 packs roughly
  • I can think of about two dozen or so 'core' players which keep popping up in a given pack for me. Sometimes the whole pack is nothing but these repeat players. So shrugging it off with '**** happens' doesn't really do it for me.
  • I think I had 11 of Nyqvist at one point
  • All about luck. My first preorder pack I pulled Cam Neely.. 2 packs later, pulled Blake Wheeler. It's nothing but luck or in most games.. unlucky.
  • The trick I use is to not buy packs with money
  • The trick I use is to not buy packs with money

Ha lol like this one!!!! :)
  • TheRedWave wrote: »
    I think I had 11 of Nyqvist at one point

Spend a lot on buying packs eh! Ha lol
  • I've got like 6 Gallaghers already this year.
  • That's nothing, I got about a dozen Littles, at least.
  • there hasn't been a specific card I have noticed I repeatedly get... lots of 85s and 86s obviously