EA Forums - Banner

NHL 2017 HUT - 4 Preset Straigies Saved During Game HUT Play Online?

Because we only get 1 time out per game and the counter for 30 seconds fly's by so quickly, maybe have 3 or 4 preset team & all line strategies saved going into the game and this way here you can just pick one of them off the main menu.

This will allow you to change your game play strategy during play against your opponent and also won't take much time selecting so getting back to playing the game won't take forever. Anyone think this is a good idea?

Replies

• Yes but you can only set it up once. Once your in the game you have no time to think and try to change all the lines let alone just the team strategies! Try it sometime, you'll see. No time what so ever.

But the above idea could potentially fix both issues. Changing strategies & not taking up too much time to do so.

The way it is now, it is impossible to make all those changes during a time out or at the end of period! Just not possible.

So say I want my first line to chase it down, Second Play Conservative, Third line defense only.
    Now say in the game I want to change all those lines, I can not do so quickly and easily plus no time what so ever to do so with the counter counting down at 30 seconds. It's just not possible.

But having pre-saves set for them I can go in change it to one thing if it don't work, I go in again and change it again, if that doesn't work I can go in again and change it! You see. We don't have that option now. And it would be quick too...
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    Because we only get 1 time out per game and the counter for 30 seconds fly's by so quickly, maybe have 3 or 4 preset team & all line strategies saved going into the game and this way here you can just pick one of them off the main menu.

This will allow you to change your game play strategy during play against your opponent and also won't take much time selecting so getting back to playing the game won't take forever. Anyone think this is a good idea?

By "all line strategies" do you mean things like the energy/efficiency sliders, hold the line/pinch, etc.? Because it is true that there's no real way to change those during the game -- it just takes too long.

The other team strategies (offensive formation, defensive pressure, forecheck, neutral zone) can obviously be changed easily in the game. But we are stuck with all those other settings, and it would be nice to have a quick way to change them (Hold/Pinch, for instance, is something that would be really nice to be able to change depending on the game situation).

• Yes that is it! You got it! :)

And team strategies (offensive formation, defensive pressure, forecheck, neutral zone)

yes can be changed but you have to do it so quickly and if you make a mistake or change your mind your done, no going back!!!!!!

So it really isn't easy if your rushed ya know!!!