EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 - Gameplay trailer

Check out all we've shared about the new features and discuss it right here.

HUT gameplay is horrid

I dont get how people think this game is the best game EA has put out i have yet to see 1 good thing about gameplay this year... The beta left such a good impression on me but since release this game has been going downhill fast.

Not to mention what is even the point in playing online against REAL opponents when 95% of of the people you play just skillzone it and force the Defence to play a high pressure defence. EA has really dumb this game down for people and the sad thing is this gamestyle is highly effected more times then not. Its basically join these goofs who play this way as everyone has top notch cards this year due to always getting rare cards in packs and the market being so horrible due to how long EA kept out those WCoH packs.

I will admit the first week or 2 of release this game was fun to play but ever since they came out with the patch on Sept. 29th the gameplay has been crap (i cant truly express how i feel about this game because my words would just be censored out.

1 year cycles have this game at a complete gong show and nothing is fun to play is this game anymore. Playing offline is boring as **** but playing online HUT is getting to be just the same ****.

Fix your game EA hell NHL15 was with the bare bone release was better then this game currently is.

Replies

• the NHL developers are out to lunch and have decided that the way the streamers play the game is the way to go. That's why it sucks.. I challenge anyone to post a clip of a 60 foot backhanded breakout pass with no backswing from an NHL game.
  • Bmh245
    859 posts Member
    scottiesk wrote: »
    I dont get how people think this game is the best game EA has put out i have yet to see 1 good thing about gameplay this year... The beta left such a good impression on me but since release this game has been going downhill fast.

I will admit the first week or 2 of release this game was fun to play but ever since they came out with the patch on Sept. 29th the gameplay has been **** (i cant truly express how i feel about this game because my words would just be censored out.

I'm not a fan of the gameplay, either, but there was no Sept. 29th patch. The only patch this game has received was the patch on release. So nothing changed in the gameplay after the first two weeks of release -- any differences are entirely in your imagination, or the result of people learning how to exploit the game's mechanics better.
  • Just play offline HUT. The computer doesn't hold protect puck and skate in circles for the whole period.
  • ya ive played a lot of offline draft mode, worst ive seen in years. they decreased the lateral speed but yet the cpu somehow maintains speed when they hesitate with the puck coming up the ice. still cannot obtain the puck after laying someone out.

does anyone know the magic button where you just skate beside the guy and take the puck? i should upload the video i have of when they decided to swing the momentum shift in my zone where it decreases my attributes... leading to some floater wrist shot from the blue line. I was sure i was poke checking the puck off the stick a few times and nothing was happening. watched the replay from a few different angles and you see my stick going thru the puck and opponents stick.
  • Video for proof
  • You know what would solve a lot of the problems...Body checking actually working on someone who is skating slowly or when they are just standing there. Body checking is useless in this game IMO.
  • Snaefel333
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Playing NHL offline is like playing against another team, paired with an invisible god that decides if you have a right to win or not. If this AI god decides you can't win, then there's nothing you can do, you just won't !

It felt the same in previous years' games but this time it's worse !
    I'm not having fun playing anymore... I hope a patch will really change the game, if they ever decide to release a patch, that is ...
  • Hey anyway anyone can link me to the 9/29 patch notes. I felt like i was cruising in this game until about that time, but wasnt aware of any patch.
    Thanks!
    Just an NHL youtuber trying to connect with NHL gamers!

My Channel youtube.com/puredangleproductions
  • Bmh245
    859 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey anyway anyone can link me to the 9/29 patch notes. I felt like i was cruising in this game until about that time, but wasnt aware of any patch.
    Thanks!

There was no 9/29 patch. The devs posted notes in the NHL General Discussion Forum on 9/29, but the notes were for the patch that we downloaded when the game launched.

All of the problems with the game were there from the start.
  • There does need to be a patch alot needs to be addressed also getting ip booted needs to stop. These things need to be figured out to make this game feel fun and enjoyable it isn't as fun as it used to be.
  • yes ok the patch notes were just posted then but something has changed in gameplay the last 2 weeks & its not that people just learned how to figure out and play the game. Puck pickups are horrible right now and has been for awhile now, they were fine at the release though. Poke checking the only noob way to play defence this year hasnt been working properly either, way to many pokes doing nothing at all. This game feels like NHL12 all over again where it was a offensive paradise and a defensive nightmare.

This game is not fun to play at all not to mention a Auction House that is completely garbage.

I would love to see someone give a list of 5-10 good things about this game, whats actually improved and better from NHL16.... as of right now NHL16 looks like a god of all NHL games
  • scottiesk wrote: »
    yes ok the patch notes were just posted then but something has changed in gameplay the last 2 weeks & its not that people just learned how to figure out and play the game. Puck pickups are horrible right now and has been for awhile now, they were fine at the release though. Poke checking the only noob way to play defence this year hasnt been working properly either, way to many pokes doing nothing at all. This game feels like NHL12 all over again where it was a offensive paradise and a defensive nightmare.

This game is not fun to play at all not to mention a Auction House that is completely garbage.

I would love to see someone give a list of 5-10 good things about this game, whats actually improved and better from NHL16.... as of right now NHL16 looks like a god of all NHL games

Sad when you think 16 looks like a god of all NHL games lol. I feel like the last time the game was really playable was 14 on my 360. Don't get me wrong, the game looks great now, but might as well just be a hockey simulator where I watch my teams play. They really messed up on new console and need to start fresh.