EA Forums - Banner

Face Off Tie Ups....

How the F do you beat the tie up??? Its banana's when I'm killing it on the dot, and the person cant beat me, then they start tying me up. Its the most frustrating thing ever! Especially when Daren Helm is tying up Kesler. Just crazy stuff that has been driving me nuts on HUT and every single person in D2 does it. Whats your advice?
Just an NHL youtuber trying to connect with NHL gamers!

My Channel youtube.com/puredangleproductions

Replies

• Forehand, straight back.
  • Forehand, straight back.

REALLY??? That would be a huge help.

• Ya but the crappy thing about forehand back is its beat by both stick lifts ... Tie up being able to beat 3 faceoffs, the back hand stick lift , and drawback then the forehand stick lift makes it unbalanced... The back hand stick lift should be another effective faceoff against tie ups. This would balance face offs.
  • Thats fine with me. I hate when i get tied up in my zone and they rip is short side. When i give up a goal like that my controller almost gets smashed on the ground.

• I always go forehand in my own zone in fear of the tie up. You risk giving up the point shot if the guy is playing his rock, paper scissors game properly but its easier to prevent a clean shot from the point than the winger straight off the face off.
  • I always go forehand in my own zone in fear of the tie up. You risk giving up the point shot if the guy is playing his rock, paper scissors game properly but its easier to prevent a clean shot from the point than the winger straight off the face off.

Awesome to know! Thanks man. So forehand is a safe play to prevent tie ups. I dont care if they happen on any other area of the ice, but those quick tie ups and close side snipes kill me!

• Thats fine with me. I hate when i get tied up in my zone and they rip is short side. When i give up a goal like that my controller almost gets smashed on the ground.

That is one of the biggest glitch goals that has been in the game forever, and they still haven't done anything about that trash.

That is one of the biggest glitch goals that has been in the game forever, and they still haven't done anything about that trash.

I just with the tie up wasnt so OP. I dont get why when someone ties me up my wingers dont even come in for it. They stand like they are frozen.