EA Forums - Banner

Heres some info on the face off sets, and packs

Prev1
Guys so i just got on HUT and saw a new set was out. Here is a video of the pack openings a long with a breakdown of the new legends and sets.

To note NHL is really ruining the HUT market by releasing more and more legends/upgraded legends.
Just an NHL youtuber trying to connect with NHL gamers!

My Channel youtube.com/puredangleproductions

Replies

• I don't see how it's "ruining the market" when there's only a single card better than what was already out..
  • mietha wrote: »
    I don't see how it's "ruining the market" when there's only a single card better than what was already out..

because it makes it so easy to get a legend. 7 face off cards a carbon collectable and two gold cards. I mean anyone can do that with a little time and money. makes lucky pack pulls less exciting and since everyone can get one the market drops!

• mietha
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    mietha wrote: »
    I don't see how it's "ruining the market" when there's only a single card better than what was already out..

because it makes it so easy to get a legend. 7 face off cards a carbon collectable and two gold cards. I mean anyone can do that with a little time and money. makes lucky pack pulls less exciting and since everyone can get one the market drops!

<sic>and MONEY<sic> I think you've kind of clued in on why they are doing it. You can get enough FO collectibles, guaranteed, right now, for $130. They are thinking people will do this and THEN think about how many carbons (12.6, I believe) they need, and buy even more packs. On the other hand, this is the first set pack that is actually better than the base packs. The point is though, even if you do this, you will only end up with one card as good as, or better (and at least it's better), than cards available on day 1. I don't think it's ruined the market at all. It's certainly not ruined the game. It's just changed what is valuable, and has made it where pretty much everybody can have an ok team, but the elite that want to spend thousands will still have something more. MUCH better circumstances than in the past, IMO.
  • trade in two collectibles for a Puck Drop pack and tell us what you get in it
  • I think it's 15 cards 2 Rares and a chance at a face off card
  • I bought 6 packs tonight. The pack luck was very good fyi. Out of 18 Rares had 1 89, 2 88s 6 87s and 4 86s... plus now I have 6 face off cards. Got to see the synergies and see who fits
  • I bought 4 packs with puck, I was there at the beginning when people started to pay 40k for the Consumable, I managed to sell one at 30k which gave me a free pack. But no pack luck at all, 1 87 and 3 86, that's all.
  • yes very expensive to buy a pack with pucks. for the current one it requires what 20 games around there at .5 hours a game. so 10 hours for 1 pack. only available for a day then a more expensive one will be out tomorrow probably. get no value for the money spent.
  • all the players are basically the same at those ratings.
  • mietha wrote: »
    mietha wrote: »

<sic>and MONEY<sic> I think you've kind of clued in on why they are doing it. You can get enough FO collectibles, guaranteed, right now, for $130. They are thinking people will do this and THEN think about how many carbons (12.6, I believe) they need, and buy even more packs. On the other hand, this is the first set pack that is actually better than the base packs. The point is though, even if you do this, you will only end up with one card as good as, or better (and at least it's better), than cards available on day 1. I don't think it's ruined the market at all. It's certainly not ruined the game. It's just changed what is valuable, and has made it where pretty much everybody can have an ok team, but the elite that want to spend thousands will still have something more. MUCH better circumstances than in the past, IMO.

EA is a money making machine, and for them its all about the money. They dont care if they ruined the market, I feel like their pockets are filling up faster than ever this year.

• Shawn96 wrote: »
    I bought 4 packs with puck, I was there at the beginning when people started to pay 40k for the Consumable, I managed to sell one at 30k which gave me a free pack. But no pack luck at all, 1 87 and 3 86, that's all.

That sucks man! I got lucky with a Joe Pa and im only 3 face off cards away from snagging my Neidermayer, or my Madano.

• Ea loves that money
  • The market is ruined......Simple as this $42.00 will get you a guaranteed 93 Lindros...Here comes the credit card wonder teams.......It didn't dawn on me from that last special pack that you could do the same thing......And someone was complaining that they spent 500 cash on normal packs and only got a hall.....I guess he wasn't thinking.....if he did it this way, He would have got a guaranteed 10 superstars.....I'm still not going to put one more thin dime into this game....A hundred and some bucks was more than enough.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • I take the 42$ over a 93 Lindros tho...

Why? First the virtual card won't worth anything within 10 months but over that I just played a guy who had the 96 ovr Bure, Stamkos, Bobby Hull, Bergeron, Toews, Hedman, Sullivan... Still won 6-1... Ok I got a Sullivan as well but all the rest worth under 10k.

So imo it's useless to have the best team on Earth, I even feel like the game nerf you if you do.
  • Obviously your team is only as good as you are, but it gets to a point to where you're playing people in D2 and D1 who have the stacked teams and know how to play the game. I started out this year 32-1. With a basically barely any money spent team. Got to D2 and now I'm facing those teams with all studs and people who dropped a couple hundred in the game already, and know how to play. It gets to a point where it's tough to compete unless you have studs.

• Or should I say the game is ruined
  • Shawn96 wrote: »
    I take the 42$ over a 93 Lindros tho...

Why? First the virtual card won't worth anything within 10 months but over that I just played a guy who had the 96 ovr Bure, Stamkos, Bobby Hull, Bergeron, Toews, Hedman, Sullivan... Still won 6-1... Ok I got a Sullivan as well but all the rest worth under 10k.

So imo it's useless to have the best team on Earth, I even feel like the game nerf you if you do.
    I guess we have to get used to it now, almost every time we play online the other team will be stacked.

• 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    Shawn96 wrote: »
    I take the 42$ over a 93 Lindros tho...

I guess we have to get used to it now, almost every time we play online the other team will be stacked.

It's crazy how good every single team is in this game. I would say 80% of the teams I play have a 93 Bure because he's so much cheaper than a 96 Bure. It's like how they ruined the legend market by releasing a legend 1 overall higher than the previous.

• considering I'm not putting in any cash, it's going to be a while before I even have a quarter stacked team, Best I have so far is a kopitar and a bossy
  • 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    considering I'm not putting in any cash, it's going to be a while before I even have a quarter stacked team, Best I have so far is a kopitar and a bossy

Bossy and kopitar are two pretty decent players. You can snag a decent team for under 100k pucks this year. 87s and 88.