EA Forums - Banner

Dear E.A!!!

Hurry up and make a Austin Matthews HUT card and take my damn money!!!!

Replies

• Milestone card? Greatest debut in NHL history
  • Can you get a potg card without a base card?
  • we will find out soon!!!
  • There is a base card; it's a silver..
  • how much can they actually bump him?

85?86?87?88?
  • i would be cool with an 88 overall base card, then give him a milestone card for last night
  • i would be cool with an 88 overall base card, then give him a milestone card for last night

no way hell get 88 BASE,, McDavid is 88, Eichel 87
  • There is a base card; it's a silver..
    Where do I find this
  • SteveM13
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Search for a few of these on the auction house.
    National League
    Team: ZSC Lions.
    C
    Playmaker
    USA
    Silver

No idea how many, if any, are up at the moment. or the price
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    i would be cool with an 88 overall base card, then give him a milestone card for last night

no way **** get 88 BASE,, McDavid is 88, Eichel 87

Matthews is a WAY BETTER player than Eichel, he would have been the second overall pick in that draft if he was born 48 hours earlier. As an 18 year old playing against MEN in Zurich, he had 24 Goals, 22 Assists for 46 points in only 36 games, and was a +16. Hell, he averaged 1.28 points-per-game which was second in the league(i know its not the same league as the NHL but those guys are still grown men)
  • SteveM13 wrote: »
    Search for a few of these on the auction house.
    National League
    Team: ZSC Lions.
    C
    Playmaker
    USA
    Silver

No idea how many, if any, are up at the moment. or the price

I checked earlier and there was one up, sb was 72K and buy now was 90K!!! was half tempted to buy it but i never. lol
  • But he's still unproven over a season. One game does not make a legend. He'll prob come in as an 85-86.
  • I never said he was a legend, I just said he deserves a milestone card. FIRST and ONLY rookie to score 4 GOALS in his first NHL game is pretty darn impressive! and I know he has only played 1 NHL game, but I ( and I'm pretty sure there are A LOT more people) who can tell this this kid will be a STAR!

Here is an article from TSN: Now, I think anyone can appreciate that kind of performance - scoring four goals in any game is an almost impossible achievement, let alone doing so in the first game of your career. But the real takeaway for me was how his performance on just about every single shift was overpowering against an Ottawa team that has plenty of talent. Even on shifts when Matthews didn’t score, he and his line were in total control.
    The goals will get an awful lot of attention, but consider some of the other numbers underpinning Matthews’ performance on Wednesday night. First, he individually generated six shots. Second, his line - he played primarily with Zach **** and William Nylander - generated a whopping 13 scoring chances at 5-on-5, or about one per minute of ice time. Third, by Corsi measures, the Leafs had control of the puck approximately 75 per cent of the time with the Matthews line on the ice.
    Yes, it’s just one game. But those kinds of splits are tough to manage even for established NHL veterans against halfway decent competition.
    On that competition point: Matthews didn’t exactly get a run of easy deployment. Ottawa, with last change, had their chance to throw whatever line and defensive pair they wanted against his group. That meant big servings of their top-pairing in Erik Karlsson and Marc Methot, and healthy servings of forwards Bobby Ryan and Kyle Turris.
    Did it matter? Well, not really. Here’s a look at Matthews’ competition by frequency on opening night and how he fared against each by way of shot differential. It was pretty much a bloodbath in Toronto’s favour.

The stunning thing here is that not a single Ottawa player was able to break even against the Matthews line, though Dion Phaneuf - at least relatively speaking - came close. This was, for all intents and purposes, as one-sided a matchup as you’ll see.

http://www.tsn.ca/matthews-debut-more-impressive-than-you-think-1.584510
  • He'll be a base 86 gold. Book it. His first upgrade card will be 88
  • I wonder if mr. Incredible is Matthews screen name. Guys in love
  • I'm just a BIG LEAFS fan, and we finally have something to cheer about.
  • 4 goals but still lose... "go Leafs go"
  • 4 goals but still lose... "go Leafs go"
    Lol, haven't had much to cheer fer lately. Or in most people's lifetimes.
    In your defense though incredible, I did want him in my dynasty league hockey pool.