EA Forums - Banner

Teammates dodge passes

Have anybody else encountered this? When trying to pass to player (that would usually lead to breakaway), he jumps over the puck and I get icing. Animation seems to be the same when player is screening goaltender and tries to avoid shots. This currently happens in about every other game. Only once this has happened (as intended?) when I passed from winger to winger and center dodged the pass.

Replies

• Hmmm something something seamless puck pickups something something.

I've seen this and it is quite annoying. The AI can pick off a slapshot with his stick blade while facing the other way but your teammates can't pickup a 1 mph pass that he's looking right at.
  • I thought I saw that happen a few times when I was playing the game. I wasn't sure if I saw it correctly, but yeah I guess it happens now that someone else mentions it too.
  • LMFAO. Reminds of another thread where someone said stop crying and adjust..... Hilarious when something is broken and yet you are told to adjust. Awesome.
  • My favorite is when your team needs a line change, recovers the puck from the other team, your teammates appear open and when you pass to them as soon as the puck leaves your stick your ai teammates bline for the bench and ignore that you passed it to them leading to turnovers and icings. Its pretty awful.
  • My favorite is when your team needs a line change, recovers the puck from the other team, your teammates appear open and when you pass to them as soon as the puck leaves your stick your ai teammates bline for the bench and ignore that you passed it to them leading to turnovers and icings. Its pretty awful.

Well maybe them receiving the pass to then dump it in before going to the bench didn't make sense at EA headquarters.
  • I was playing a drop in game earlier and it was a 4 on 4 and I for some reason thought it was a PK so I iced the puck, and every single player on my team, we're replaced with an AI until the next whistle. It was pretty funny. I thought substitutions weren't allowed after an icing, but either the rule changed or EA just made some **** up

The worst part of this is that your teammates will often go into that "I'm looking for a pass" animation, and then as soon as you pass it to them, they'll jump onto the bench. They literally trick you into passing the puck to them.

I honestly can't believe, by the way, that this is still in NHL 17, given how many posts there were complaining about it last year, and how easy it should be to fix.

• What's funny is that I don't remember this being a problem in the old-gen versions of the game.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    My favorite is when your team needs a line change, recovers the puck from the other team, your teammates appear open and when you pass to them as soon as the puck leaves your stick your ai teammates bline for the bench and ignore that you passed it to them leading to turnovers and icings. Its pretty awful.

The worst part of this is that your teammates will often go into that "I'm looking for a pass" animation, and then as soon as you pass it to them, they'll jump onto the bench. They literally trick you into passing the puck to them.

I honestly can't believe, by the way, that this is still in NHL 17, given how many posts there were complaining about it last year, and how easy it should be to fix.

In before mods ask if you have any programming skills to know what is easy and what isn't.