EA Forums - Banner

Silver and Bronze Collections a thing of the past?

Is anyone collecting these sets anymore? Any incentive to collect them? I was a huge fan of collecting all the leagues from Bronze to Silver, what's the point now? Am I only?

Replies

• Yep. Should be removed. They're completely pointless, worthless, meaningless.

Used to be awesome and totally worth collecting.
  • I'm surprised they still put out team of the week fer these players. Seems like a waste of man hours.
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I have said it before, they need to create an alumni set or something, and you need current and former, say, Erie Otters to complete the set, and your reward is a 91 McDavid or something. Otherwise, with no worthwhile bronze or silver sets, why would anyone buy bronze or silver packs? Very poor thinking/planning on EA's part. Maybe we need a streamer to suggest that since those are the only people that they listen to.
  • they didn't even bother to create a market for World Cup logo cards by requiring them in a World Cup set, so as if they would think as deeply as my post above.
  • I think getting a alumni player for completing a set is brilliant. Those throwback cards last were very cool
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    The only thing bornze and silver cards are good for is collecting those respective collectibles, which you can turn into gold ones (1:10 ratio)? But that's so mindnumbingly boring and wasteful, that it's hardly worth mentioning?

And nobody in their right minds uses them for playing, unless it's really true that the worse team you have, the better it plays? I wouldn't be surprised... but hut should have some tournaments/leagues for bronze/silver players only?

It's really odd, the devs have come up with some great improvements - at least on paper - but every good idea is ruined by trash implementation, or some negative aspect, like they really didn't think it through.
  • I have said it before, they need to create an alumni set or something, and you need current and former, say, Erie Otters to complete the set, and your reward is a 91 McDavid or something. Otherwise, with no worthwhile bronze or silver sets, why would anyone buy bronze or silver packs? Very poor thinking/planning on EA's part. Maybe we need a streamer to suggest that since those are the only people that they listen to.

I like the idea, however, I can see it now, over valuing the bronze players on the market. I can see this from a mile away.
  • The system now in place for collections was done to curtail the underground market. Nothing more, I will say it does appear short-sided on their part to not come up with a better system to include bronze and silver level.
  • Bronze and silver are dead. Look at the market, you can almost found no players or jerseys in bronze or silver. In the past I liked to collect and play with silver and bronze teams very much. However, because the market is almost empty, it is almost impossible to complete a team and if so for huge costs. And even if do collect silver or bronze, these cards are more or less worthless.

In addition you could use the silver cards in the past to continue your game without spend any money. The packages included enough contract cards and when your resale the other cards you usually get the costs for the packages back. Now you need days or weeks to find someone who buys your staff. Only a very few hardcore fans of specific teams may still buy silver or bronze packs.

EA float the game this year with legends, heroes etc. from the past but they`re short on the current stars and completely lack with the silver and bronze level teams.

With NHL 15 and NHL 16 I played almost the whole year because there was always something to do. Now I´m almost finished with my very decent regular gold team. I intend to gamble a little bit during the Movember period and after that I´ll most probably switch to the season mode. There is actually more to develop than in HUT.

I don`t like this development and the collectible system at all but is has it`s perks. In my case I save a lot of money. In the past I was quite addicted with buying packages and spend an unreasonable amount for packs in order to built a very, very, very good team. This season so far I spend far less money on packages because I don`t see any reason to do so. I prefer to play with current players and for change with amateur players (bronze and silver) but don`t like all this hero and legend cards.

From my kind of view EA can rename this game into "NHL Legends".

• Expect collections to be back in one form or another next year
  • There is no incentive to auction off these levels, throw in a collectible pack to upgrade to gold.
  • I have said it before, they need to create an alumni set or something, and you need current and former, say, Erie Otters to complete the set, and your reward is a 91 McDavid or something. Otherwise, with no worthwhile bronze or silver sets, why would anyone buy bronze or silver packs? Very poor thinking/planning on EA's part. Maybe we need a streamer to suggest that since those are the only people that they listen to.

I like the idea, however, I can see it now, over valuing the bronze players on the market. I can see this from a mile away.

Better than them having no value at all...