EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Why is this a penalty?

This happens quite often for me. I have some other videos but I forgot to upload them from PS4 last night.
I was playing drops with my D partner, working on a few areas I need to improve on and decided to save this clip and see if EA will have an answer. Here is the situation:

This seems to only happen off the face-off.
You can not see it, but take me at my word all I'm doing is holding X for an Extended Stick Lift
I do not have LS hitting on
It does not have anything to do with the fact that my team won the draw
I have other videos that I saved of me doing Extended Stick Lifts while my team has the puck in various zones of the ice with no penalty
I have another video of the same penalty call while there is nobody currently in possession.

All I'm trying to do in this video is defend the face-off play. We all know THAT face-off play that's as old as EASHL itself. Extended Stick Lifts should be a viable way to defend it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-aSdMxbO6T4

Please watch and tell me what you guys think

PS no idea how to embed a video, if anyone knows tell me and ill edit. thanks

Replies

• Is the call interference? cause I can see that...
  • What was the penalty? I see no animation either way? But I mentioned in another thread how pressing the triangle (PS4) for net battle doesn't work at all sometimes in EASHL, nothing happens when you keep it pressed. But you can instigate a fight by accident. So it seems button presses arent always registered in EASHL. Could be maybe similar case, where a slash was registered, even if no animation / action took place? Just a guess.
  • Is the call interference? cause I can see that...

Yes, It was called interference
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    What was the penalty? I see no animation either way? But I mentioned in another thread how pressing the triangle (PS4) for net battle doesn't work at all sometimes in EASHL, nothing happens when you keep it pressed. But you can instigate a fight by accident. So it seems button presses arent always registered in EASHL. Could be maybe similar case, where a slash was registered, even if no animation / action took place? Just a guess.

I was using X(PS4) for Extended Stick Lift and it was called interference
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I can see an attempted hit animation, that is all.
  • oh yeah, about embedding, just remove the 's' from https:

• Sgt_Kelso
    1109 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I must say I really don't 'see' a hit attempt, or poke or anything, they just touch briefly?

If that's a penalty, one has to wonder why in the video I posted in another thread doesnt' warrant one (other than it was the CPU that did it), I will post it here too. Just check out the second hit when Kane is recovering from the first legit one:

So maybe there was no actual 'hit' (equal to pushing right stick), but the collision was clear, player 22 skated straight into Kane, and it took him off-balance again. CPU does this all the time it's true, but when player does a little weensy touch like in the OP's video, how the heck is that a penalty?

Oh, yeah, the embedding thing, just remove 's' from the link's https, so it works:

• yeah, that's a cheapy.
    Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
  • From the programming stand point I would say because your just outside the front of the net, and tie him up

THey probably have lines drawn on the algo, which dont allow for tie ups outside that zone when the puck isnt near.

Just a thought.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • RayFinkle1515
    351 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    From the programming stand point I would say because your just outside the front of the net, and tie him up

THey probably have lines drawn on the algo, which dont allow for tie ups outside that zone when the puck isnt near.

Just a thought.

That't a fair point to make with the only exception being that I'm not holding the button to tie the man up. I am using the Extended Stick Lift feature, which from what I can tell has no restrictions as to where and when you can use it. I have videos of Extended Stick Lifts being done in different zones as well as while my team and the opposing team have possession. It's just odd is all, that this is the only penalty I've ever received from stick tie ups, and it's almost exclusively from the faceoffs.
    Here is another video almost identical to my first but this one shows my player actually initiate the stick lift animation and also shows the puck is lose and nobody is currently in possession, although technically I believe the stats would count that as a Faceoff win for the opposing team.

PS Thanks for the help with embedding.
    also, do any of you think this warrants looking into by EA? I think I'm close to trying to contact them via twitter next
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    From the programming stand point I would say because your just outside the front of the net, and tie him up

Just a thought.

That't a fair point to make with the only exception being that I'm not holding the button to tie the man up. I am using the Extended Stick Lift feature, which from what I can tell has no restrictions as to where and when you can use it. I have videos of Extended Stick Lifts being done in different zones as well as while my team and the opposing team have possession. It's just odd is all, that this is the only penalty I've ever received from stick tie ups, and it's almost exclusively from the faceoffs.
    Here is another video almost identical to my first but this one shows my player actually initiate the stick lift animation and also shows the puck is lose and nobody is currently in possession, although technically I believe the stats would count that as a Faceoff win for the opposing team.

PS Thanks for the help with embedding.
    also, do any of you think this warrants looking into by EA? I think I'm close to trying to contact them via twitter next

I didnt really think there was much difference between stick tie up and the actual tie up other then the buttons ?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!