EA Forums - Banner

name of the game... sluggish/slowmotion/

djevulsk
76 posts Member
edited October 2016
Seriously, EA you have to fix how you handle networking in this game, its not working properly..

Explain to me how 15MS , 0 package loss, 0 latency etc... perfect line.. in YOUR network performance in menu.. causes sluggish/slowmotion type of gameplay?

There is NO REASON to why the gameplay should be affected in the first place... if i had LAG then the game should stutter and lag, properly.... you have something that "try to smooth out the lag so its not noticeable.." yet.... i still didnt have ANY indication that its going to be this bad when i see the "GOOD" prompt from the interface before a game and network performance says NOTHING should be wrong..

So should we consider that the game is actually broken or should we just say, EA is tricking us with false network performance notification?

Yes im pissed, i can take a loss, but when i get a loss due to ea falsely provide me with information about the game should behave as intended, and gameplay is affected, then i get angry.

Replies

• Do what I do, play EASHL and get drunk. Even when you lose you don't give a sh**.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Do what I do, play EASHL and get drunk. Even when you lose you don't give a sh**.

I will say I can totally understand why so many hit the bowl or bong before/during game-play over the last few years. It's downright brutal sometimes.
  • People talk about this sluggishness, but can we see some clips of this ? Just so we/I can see what it is your talking about ?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    People talk about this sluggishness, but can we see some clips of this ? Just so we/I can see what it is your talking about ?

I don't think it is something that can be depicted in a video so much. When it happens you can surely feel it as the relationship between your controller and what happens in the game is changed. Sometimes button presses don't register, and more often register later than when you actually press them.

For example (happened the me the other day,) my defender picks up the puck and I press the pass button to pass it out. My defender gets hit right after I press the pass button. The pass never happens like it should have, so my defender loses the puck from the hit and it trickles to the goalie. The goalie passes the puck back out to the opponent immediately after he gets it and my opponent scores with it (of course.)

Now, my controller obviously registered the pass because a pass happened. The RT button was pressed before the hit happened, but the game waited a full one or two seconds before it "remembered" what I was trying to do, which resulted in the goalie making the pass out instead. The outcome of what I tried to do compared to what the game "decided" I was going to do was VERY different.

You would probably need to see both what your controller is doing AND how the game-play is affected by it at the same time to get a visual idea of what's going on. I'm not sure if that's even possible without the video looking all trashy.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, I've played many an EASHL game with a d-man, only to find that the net battle (triangle on PS4) button doesn't do anything at all.. completely dead the whole game long. And nope, the pad is working perfectly, since in single-player the same works as it should.