EA Forums - Banner

Need advice on what to do with 1,700 worthless player cards

Prev13
I have 1,696 cards in 86 and under category and don't feel like going out and looking at prices and then auctioning over and over for small change. I thought they would have had a set for this like in the beta where you can break them down into gold collectibles.
What do you veteran HUT guys do in this situation?

Replies

• would be nice for a repeatable set that gives you 1 rare gold player for 10 gold players.
  • Small change? Selling that many cards will get you over 350k.
  • If you got that many players, how many jerseys, arenas and coaches do you have?
  • The better question is, how did you end up with 1700 players?
  • With that many cards, I'd sell off all duplicate players and use that money to buy the remaining players needed to complete a team set. Sell that hero and move on to next team. With 1700 players, you're sure to have enough jerseys logos and coaches to either make golds or put into the sets.

I just assumed credit card? Obviously, working the market isn't his forte?
  • wait 1700 GOLD RARE cards? because at 500 quicksell a piece youre almost at 1million
  • I think he just has that many gold players. He could sell and quick sell them.
    That's my advice and who knows they may make it so you can do a gold player upgrade who knows.

Also you know if they do that it will make non rare player cards stupid expensive
  • I had a similar situation last weekend (but not 1700 cars - maybe 300-400) and sold all my not needed players up to 86 ratings, jerseys, logos and arenas. At the end I had enough to buy me 91 Doughty, 89 Hall and another 70k for later transactions.

Because I don`t like to play with legends, the new collectible system is no more fun for me. Therefore I´ve absolutely no use for all these players. Now I built a regular team with 88+ players and a youth team with players under 24 and 86-87 ratings.

• Really? I will have to see how many useless players I have and sell those bad boys off and start getting some of the elite players.
  • I am holding on to mine. I'm hoping there will be a set that allows you to trade in players for collectables, packs or a new player.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    The better question is, how did you end up with 1700 players?

I just assumed credit card? Obviously, working the market isn't his forte?

That's right. I don't like spending time, buying and selling too much. I don't hate it, but it's not my thing.

I bought a ton of packs. Every single player on my team came from a pack or a set. I haven't had to buy anything on the auction market.
  • EA loves you for sure.
  • With that many cards, I'd sell off all duplicate players and use that money to buy the remaining players needed to complete a team set. Sell that hero and move on to next team. With 1700 players, you're sure to have enough jerseys logos and coaches to either make golds or put into the sets.

The jerseys, logos, arenas and coaches all get turned into gold and carbon. If gold is 7k, then every one of these items gets you the equivalent of 700 every time you break them into gold.
    A pack that seems like a bust because no good players are in it is worth a lot of money now because of this.
  • What I'm saying is this. If he has 1700 players, if he sells them all for just 200, he would have around 325k. And if he bought that many packs to have 1700 players, he's sure to have just as many coaches logos and jerseys. He completes gold sets and then carbon sets. He could thend complete practically every hero set and have either hero's to play with or sell the heros. Then he's sitting on a ton of coins and hero collection cards. Which I think EA is going to make worth something good. Because let's be real. The only way to complete hero sets is with buying packs.
  • What I'm saying is this. If he has 1700 players, if he sells them all for just 200, he would have around 325k. And if he bought that many packs to have 1700 players, he's sure to have just as many coaches logos and jerseys. He completes gold sets and then carbon sets. He could thend complete practically every hero set and have either hero's to play with or sell the heros. Then he's sitting on a ton of coins and hero collection cards. Which I think EA is going to make worth something good. Because let's be real. The only way to complete hero sets is with buying packs.

I did have that many logos, jerseys, coaches and arenas and now I have some HEROs and the ROY96 set. But if you quick sell (150) you lose a ton of money. A jersey or a logo is worth about 1/10 of a gold collectible - around 700-750? I got a ton of money out of that.
    To have around 325k from 1700 player cards would be a monumental loss. I have two goalies that I can sell for more than 325k each. That isn't much money at all.
  • EddieZny wrote: »
    I am holding on to mine. I'm hoping there will be a set that allows you to trade in players for collectables, packs or a new player.

This seems like the thing to do. Am I remembering right that they had that in the beta? I think I remember turning gold player cards into collectibles.
  • sleepyT wrote: »
    EddieZny wrote: »
    I am holding on to mine. I'm hoping there will be a set that allows you to trade in players for collectables, packs or a new player.

This seems like the thing to do. Am I remembering right that they had that in the beta? I think I remember turning gold player cards into collectibles.

Yes, they had player exchange sets so I would hope they will do some variation on that. Also hope they do that for injury cards and contracts.
  • Contracts and Injury cards.... No they better not!