EA Forums - Banner

[Official] Patch 1.03 Feedback

Replies

• Congrats. EA fixed 1 glaring issue when we've posted video upon video of one broken game play issue after another. How apathetic can you be?
  • That was the ONLY gameplay fix?!? smh... :|
  • Wow...kind of a barebones patch. Kind of sad that most of those fixes amount to "the game won't crash anymore."

They should be embarrassed
  • Took them over a month for a 188.3MB patch lol that literally didn't fix anything besides one major problem. I actually laughed out loud when I read the patch notes
  • Well at least the stick lifting is fixed, I think? I haven't played it yet to know.
  • All of a sudden skating is fast and responsive like the beta. Vision control also works as intended. (Offline)
  • EA is given an open book test and they still fail.
  • All of a sudden skating is fast and responsive like the beta. Vision control also works as intended. (Offline)

This is the kind of stuff people always post after a patch, even though the patch did nothing to affect skating or vision control. It's pure placebo effect.

You know, my club had a game last night around midnight EST, where it crashed out, and every game after that seemed to control way better. Perhaps there was a server side change they made around the same time?

You know, my club had a game last night around midnight EST, where it crashed out, and every game after that seemed to control way better. Perhaps there was a server side change they made around the same time?

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but Charter Spectrum had a big outage for a few hours last night.
  • RangerFanatic101
    315 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    D-a-m-n, not near my xbox right now. But after reading this thread, I took off to EA's twitter account for my entertainment!!!
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    All of a sudden skating is fast and responsive like the beta. Vision control also works as intended. (Offline)

This is the kind of stuff people always post after a patch, even though the patch did nothing to affect skating or vision control. It's pure placebo effect.

Yes I'm well aware of this phenomenon. However this is very noticeable. I honestly don't think they explain everything they tinker with in the patches and tuner sets.

• It's lose-lose for EA whenever they do anything.

Whine for weeks that there isn't a patch update...Now we'll whine for weeks about the fixes they put in.

Gee, wonder why they don't come around here very often. Such a swell community

• EVerk81 wrote: »
    It's lose-lose for EA whenever they do anything.

Whine for weeks that there isn't a patch update...Now we'll whine for weeks about the fixes they put in.

Well, they kinda get the community they deserve, imo.
  • EVerk81 wrote: »

They have no clue how to communicate with a community. They've been given generous amounts of feedback and we get this.
  • phil7488 wrote: »
    EVerk81 wrote: »

They have no clue how to communicate with a community. They've been given generous amounts of feedback and we get this.

Not that I'm apologizing for them, but Devs aren't really supposed to be wasting their time coming on the forums and giving the user base any direct answers.

The Codemasters Formula One community was in the same dire straights last year, and then they hired a COMMUNITY MANAGER. She basically was the middle person between us and the devs. She collected feedback and issues, sorted them out and gave them to the devs in a much more "streamlined" manner than what a forum can provide.

The result is that F1 2016 is a vastly superior product and the community is spending it's time posting QUESTIONS and IDEAS on the forums 2 months into the game's life instead of posting HATE messages and threats as was the case mere weeks after the release of F1 2015.

Might be an idea to mull over at EA...
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Not that I'm apologizing for them, but Devs aren't really supposed to be wasting their time coming on the forums and giving the user base any direct answers.

The Codemasters Formula One community was in the same dire straights last year, and then they hired a COMMUNITY MANAGER. She basically was the middle person between us and the devs. She collected feedback and issues, sorted them out and gave them to the devs in a much more "streamlined" manner than what a forum can provide.

The result is that F1 2016 is a vastly superior product and the community is spending it's time posting QUESTIONS and IDEAS on the forums 2 months into the game's life instead of posting HATE messages and threats as was the case mere weeks after the release of F1 2015.

Might be an idea to mull over at EA...

You're right. The devs really don't have time to be getting involved in the long dialogue that comes with communication directly on these forums.

We do have a really good community manager here. His roles stretch across UFC & Mass Effect as well, so time becomes a factor.

Not that I'm making excuses.. it just is what it is.

As moderators, we really should be doing a better job at doing what you've said above; collect feedback, filter it and present it in a way that's easier to digest.

Just to strike while the iron is hot here, what can the community do to help? Obviously keeping the flaming down would be nice, but this is the internet after all. Could we start getting some threads that try to get the input from the forum on how certain mechanics are working, and what about them could be better? A lot of us don't mind writing up very detailed posts on what we think works and doesn't, but knowing what EA is working on would help us get them useful feedback.

For example, if EA was planning a complete overhaul of the shooting system, maybe we just get a post where you say EA is looking at enhancements to the shooting system, and wants to know what works and what doesn't from the community. We don't need to know their whole plans and if they're making minor or major updates, just enough information to provide potentially useful feedback when they are in the design phase for any updates.
  • I read some post "no wonder why EA doesn't come around here anymore". I guess it's just me as I am fairly new to the forums but I never see anyone from EA on responding to questions and concerns. It would be great to get some two way discussion going on, doesn't need to be a live chat but at least let us compile some questions and send them off. Couple the lack of EA's appearance on these forums with a lack luster patch and current state of game and you can see why people are upset.
  • Lousy customer service, broken product, slow response to fix the issue. Geez, I can't figure out why there is so much hatred and anger.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Just to strike while the iron is hot here, what can the community do to help? Obviously keeping the flaming down would be nice, but this is the internet after all. Could we start getting some threads that try to get the input from the forum on how certain mechanics are working, and what about them could be better? A lot of us don't mind writing up very detailed posts on what we think works and doesn't, but knowing what EA is working on would help us get them useful feedback.

For example, if EA was planning a complete overhaul of the shooting system, maybe we just get a post where you say EA is looking at enhancements to the shooting system, and wants to know what works and what doesn't from the community. We don't need to know their whole plans and if they're making minor or major updates, just enough information to provide potentially useful feedback when they are in the design phase for any updates.

I think you're headed in the right direction.

The mod team may need to chat with our Community Manager to go over how to execute a 'feedback' plan of sorts.

I know the GameChangers do something similar now, but the only guy I see on here that interacts with the forums is B-bunny, and he can't handle it all by himself.

I'll definitely propose something within our team, and see where it goes. I can't say it will go one way or another for sure, but it's nice to know that there are members of the community willing to provide the information required in a constructive way.

Absolutely, there are plenty of people who post here because they want to make the series better. One of the problems though is that it's hard to make a post being critical of anything in particular about the game without starting a flame war. It's asking a lot from people with plenty of other things to do, but we'd probably need the mods to help keep things civil and help people realize that it's okay to disagree, and we don't need people to get into multiple page arguments over a difference in opinion.