EA Forums - Banner

[Official] Patch 1.03 Feedback

Replies

• Figeroux
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    That's why you make the 6'3''/6'4'' G faster if he feels sluggish, adjust his attributes accordingly. Problem solved

The problem I am seeing is that silly **** point shots on the rush just slip by your goalie despite him being in position.

I can't play defense against that.

Also that wasn't even one of my bigger issues with the goaltending. Size just helps a bit in almost every regard, and if goalies kept the same speed/agility with that size then goalies would be better for it without a doubt.
    Post edited by Figeroux on
  • Had some terrible HUT games and a few horrible EASHL games after the patch. Games have been slow and controls unresponsive - worse than NHL 16. It felt better pre patch.

Gonna try some games today. But if I will have to battle my controller more than my opponent any more, I will probably lose all little desire I have left playing NHL 17.

Wich is sad, because I love hockey and this game could be so good...
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    Had some terrible HUT games and a few horrible EASHL games after the patch. Games have been slow and controls unresponsive - worse than NHL 16. It felt better pre patch.

Gonna try some games today. But if I will have to battle my controller more than my opponent any more, I will probably lose all little desire I have left playing NHL 17.

Wich is sad, because I love hockey and this game could be so good...

Same here, 1v1 online is even worse after patch. My ping is 4-20ms, but still its like skating in mud, players are even more reluctant to pick up the puck, pucks go through stick and players misses the puck every other time when trying to do slapshot. I have played games that have better netcode in 90s than this. Netcode should be the main thing in next patch.
  • It never seems to amaze me. Every time a Dev comes on the diarrhea of issues come out from the community. I think it would best served, if the forum was organized so that each topic gets its own thread (skating, defense, goalies, collision detection etc.). This is comical, everyone is all over the place, I stopped reading after the second page. smh
  • Is it just me, But before the patch the game (hut) was playable, Now not so much :( I can't just describe it as lag, But there is something definitely wrong.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • 171fff
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    this patch for gameplay was to fix the stick lift? now as needed as that fix is there is way more that has to be touched. the beta felt so much better whatever you changed put it back improve the goalies and we have a game.
  • 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    Is it just me, But before the patch the game (hut) was playable, Now not so much :( I can't just describe it as lag, But there is something definitely wrong.

Hut was never playable.
  • I was really hoping that either NHL '17 or a patch would fix the fact that slap-dumps (from behind your goal line around the boards, OR from the neutral zone into the offensive zone) didn't result in a whiff/miss something like 85% of the time.

It has been an issue for like 5 years now, and it's really disappointing. Fixing fundamental little stuff like this would really make the game better in bigger ways than people imagine.
  • BaNeZzZz
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    This patch is garbage for EASHL players.. Non stop dash boarding while in game lobbies, constant game freezing.. Come on EA get your s*** together....
  • A lot more error codes and infinite load screens with this patch. It made these issues worse...
  • 1v1/HUT online Pause is now broken after this patch. 2 out of 3 times when I pause the game, game continues on background, but I'm locked to pause screen and can't do anything until timer runs to zero.

Loading HUT takes now up to a minute, and gameplay is laggier than ever. Think I'm done with that mode.

Create a Team is also broken after patch. I have tried to make a team four times now, but screen always freezes / doesn't take any button inputs after 30min-1hr mark.

BeAPro is just mess. Halfway to a season, both Crosby and Ovetchkin has been dropped to 2nd and 3rd line of their teams and have total of 9point and they have played all games :disappointed: Not sure if this was also before the patch.

Literally only playable mode now seems to be couch VS...
  • There are undocumented fixes in HUT if anyone noticed. So much for transparency. They won't even admit that they fixed something because that would be admitting that it was broken.
  • hydroshubong
    37 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Sall0020 wrote: »
    A lot more error codes and infinite load screens with this patch. It made these issues worse...

The last time that I played with my friends it took 2 hours to find a game (EASHL) because of this issue. We had to close the application 5 times ...
  • Wow that patch was so worth the wait!

At this rate this game will almost be playable by the time NHL 18 comes out!

I have a great idea EA.

Why don't you charge the customers for each patch so you can make more money?
  • For the love of God, please fix the way HUT goalie stats are displayed. Every GAA between 2.00 and 2.99 is displayed as 2.0.
  • Janikka
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    3lias wrote: »
    Edit: But overall I got to say that me and my EASHL team has been really enjoying this game. EASHL has been taking big steps forward since the disaster in 15. Good job on that.

I agree. The crashes, which I believe increased with the latest patch, are a bummer, but other than that I'm having a lot of fun in 6 vs. 6 games with my club.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1288 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Apparently the recent patch added / modified some penalties, I am seeing now goalie interference, which I don't think I encountered before, and the occurance elbowing seems to be increased? Or is it just a coincidence?

EDIT: yep, got one penalty for cross-checking as well against the CPU. The game's definitely getting more creative with various penalties.
    Post edited by Sgt_Kelso on
  • Some of my HUT player stats were reset. These guys can't even program a simple stats database.
  • When will they fix be a pro which I don't have anything nice to say about because it's basically the same as nhl 15 but like 2 years later. Also get rid of Mike Emrick, everytime I hear his voice I want to throw up and punch my TV then punch myself in the nose really hard and put myself in a coma until he's outlived his usefulness which already happened in nhl 15 so i wont have to hear his annoying phrases and synonyms ever again. Sorry Mike but you try too hard and I hate you.
  • Playing EASHL the game crashes a lot (where it needs to be restarted via the PS4 dashboard) and we Euros are matched up with North Americans every once in a while regardless of the dressing room settings. Before 1.03 the game rarely crashed and we were matched up with other Euros only. I'm not liking this patch at all, seeing as how it broke more than it fixed as far as EASHL is concerned.