EA Forums - Banner

Is Stick Lift Fixed?

Whats going on everyone? Im stuck at the office, and I saw the 1.03 patch was released today, and it addressed the stick lift. Can anyone tell me if it actually works now, and how it feels?

Thanks!
Just an NHL youtuber trying to connect with NHL gamers!

My Channel youtube.com/puredangleproductions

Replies

• Yes, it works as it should. If you're in good position you usually get a stick lift
  • anyone have a link to patch notes?
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Yes, it works as it should. If you're in good position you usually get a stick lift

Its not OP though right? I remember last year when they tried fixing the poke check and they turned up the likeliness of penalties like to 100%. Its good to hear!

• anyone have a link to patch notes?

here buddy!

http://imgur.com/a/UBPix

• It's still terrible.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    It's still terrible.

Not much of an update?

Yes, it works as it should. If you're in good position you usually get a stick lift

Its not OP though right? I remember last year when they tried fixing the poke check and they turned up the likeliness of penalties like to 100%. Its good to hear!

It seems good to me, I played 5 games with defensive d man, any time I wasn't in good position I missed but when I was along side of them or they were stationary and I was facing them I usually got them.

I only basically use it along the boards, in the corners and behind the net, never in open ice. Maybe that's why the other guy thinks it's terrible. I disagree.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Can you do it in front of the net as a dman to a player who doesn't have the puck?, that is my question.
  • its basically just like it was in 16.. still a pile of crap but better than nothing.

• It worked well in 16 for me, i play as enf d and usually have less penalty minutes than everyone else and it's one of my most valued tools. I need it to play the front of the net.
  • its basically just like it was in 16.. still a pile of **** but better than nothing.

Wow the stick lifts in 16 were terrible. You could have stick lift wars back and forth. I really hope that it isn't like 16.
  • it's just poorly implemented and causes way too many penalties especially when it should never do so.
    same old thing... you have to train yourself to work around the poor mechanics
  • Youratv wrote: »
    It worked well in 16 for me, i play as enf d and usually have less penalty minutes than everyone else and it's one of my most valued tools. I need it to play the front of the net.

so you used a workaround or was that your plan the entire time?
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    It's still terrible.

Some users say it's working as intended.
    Others say it's still broken.

I wonder... who is right?

Both sides are right. Which doesn't make it right, even though EA will be satisfied with that answer.
  • Stick lift works again.

• Tenorion78 wrote: »
    Youratv wrote: »
    It worked well in 16 for me, i play as enf d and usually have less penalty minutes than everyone else and it's one of my most valued tools. I need it to play the front of the net.

so you used a workaround or was that your plan the entire time?

What do you mean a workaround? I don't understand? I used the sticklift when i was next to someone or they were in front of me usually to remove the passing opportunity or to take away a one timer.
  • it's just poorly implemented and causes way too many penalties especially when it should never do so.

I don't know about that, played 5 games with it, no penalties. You're either over using it or using it at the wrong times
    it's just poorly implemented and causes way too many penalties especially when it should never do so.

I don't know about that, played 5 games with it, no penalties. You're either over using it or using it at the wrong times

You must unlearn what you have learned!