EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Ea email survey

Anyone else take the survey? If so what were your thoughts?

Replies

• I wrote 400 characters isn't enough to describe what my thoughts are.
  • Youratv wrote: »
    I wrote 400 characters isn't enough to describe what my thoughts are.

Why not use what they did give you to try to best explain your thoughts and opinions? Instead you wrote that? Then you come here and complain that nobody from EA listens or that this game stinks blah blah blah?

Seems rather counter productive if you ask me, weird.
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Cause I'm on this forum discussing the issues. So i can convey my thoughts here. As an avid (well not so much anymore) player who plays with guys who have more time invested into this game than any other my opinions go to deep. It would just end up being well this is that and should be like that but i don't have enough space to explain my reasoning behind it.
    Post edited by Youratv on
  • I never complained ea never listened, I've actually sent them an email during 16 about one of the most notorius trolls in the game and the next week he was gone.
  • I thought the questions they were asking in terms of game modes and AI were a nice nod that they are looking into certain areas that get a lot of complaints around here. They might not come here because they'll get jumped and flooded with garbage but it appears they do indeed listen.
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    I thought the questions they were asking in terms of game modes and AI were a nice nod that they are looking into certain areas that get a lot of complaints around here. They might not come here because they'll get jumped and flooded with garbage but it appears they do indeed listen.

I don't doubt that they do listen or are aware of issues. Even a blind deaf mute would know about the issues. My complaint is what they decide to work on, how it's worked on and who they listen to.

Seriously, I get the whole arena is the foundation of visuals and what-not. But to have this, mascots, NHL branding (along with stale presentation) and official goal horns pass before gameplay is absolutely the wrong way to go. I think maybe using generic arenas for year one (NHL 15) along with the rest of the presentation would have been more than acceptable if the gameplay was a really good foundation.

Nope. Instead, 15 was absolute barebones and even that bare, the gameplay was way less than stellar. Patched in as broken 5 vs 5 OTP to boot. 16 comes along with pretty much all modes, but they feel rushed and unpolished. Gameplay was barely better, still unfinished foundation.

17 comes along and yet, the foundation is STILL unpolished. Seriously, do you buy the game to look at the inside of a damned arena, or do you buy because you want to play hockey?? What is the point of adding all these bells and whistles when the sole purpose of this game (to play hockey) is STILL not polished?

It's like releasing a car that looks nice, but when it comes to quality of finishing, braking, acceleration, handling and comfort of the seats is really sub-par? Does not matter how nice the car looks. If the looks are all that is has to offer, it will not last very long on the market. Especially when it's the SAME PRICE as a quality car. It's like EA decides to release a base model KIA for the same price as a fully loaded BMW....
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    I thought the questions they were asking in terms of game modes and AI were a nice nod that they are looking into certain areas that get a lot of complaints around here. They might not come here because they'll get jumped and flooded with garbage but it appears they do indeed listen.

Kid Gloves??? Cracks me up that people defend EA for not being held accountable for the horrible product they put on the open market. People are and have every right to be **** right now. Again, you don't think Samsung isn't catching a EAR BEATING for the crap going on with their phones? You don't think Car Manufacturers don't catch a EAR BEATING for problems with the vehicles (hell, I filed Lemon Law on my '05 Chevy Cobalt, had the car for 22mos, took it to 4 different Dealerships and they could not figure out the problem with the car. Because the car was under 2yrs old, Chevy cut me a check for a new car with the stipulation that I had to buy Chevy and buy NEW) they roll off the assembly line and put into service? You don't think the Cable Companies don't catch a EAR BEATING for their TERRIBLE Customer Service (can you say Comcast) or problems that people have with their products?
  • As for the topic, that survey felt really useless to me. Was basically what kind of games do you enjoy and how many you purchased in the last 6 months. For some reason, I was expecting a more NHL specific survey.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I just want to clarify 15 on old gen was 6v6 and was most likely a very different experience then new gen. Also tell whoever they need to jump on that frostbite engine right now. The games not ready to transition to a new engine because ya use the current engine for how the game plays now. Start working on those 3d models now. What are you waiting for to make the transition? Better gameplay?